Bond author Raymond Benson pens new 'Hitman' novel

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited January 2012 in News Posts: 1,380
James Bond continuation author Raymond Benson, who penned six novels and three movie novelisations in his 007 tenure, has today been announced as the writer of a new adventure inspired by the popular videogame franchise 'Hitman'.

<b>Press Release</b>
Del Rey, an imprint of the Random House Publishing Group, announced today a second novel based on the Hitman video game series from Io Interactive™. HITMAN: DAMNATION will be written by author Raymond Benson and will release in North America in Summer 2012. The book will also be available in many other countries around the world, please keep an eye on the Official Hitman website for further details.

Taking place between games Hitman: Blood Money and the upcoming Hitman: Absolution, HITMAN: DAMNATION follows legendary assassin Agent 47 as he attempts to complete his toughest assignment yet. 47 is charged with assassinating high-level American political figures, but he notices that some aspects of the mission don’t add up as he is plunged into a web of lies, deceit, and murder.

This novel is based on a Mature-rated video game.

About the Game:
Hitman was created by IO Interactive™ in 2000 and has become an award-winning, multi-million selling videogame franchise. Agent 47 the games’ iconic central character is a genetically enhanced clone, engineered into a highly skilled assassin. The franchise has boasted videogames, a major motion picture, books, comics, merchandise collectibles and amassed a voracious global fan base.

The next game in the series, Hitman Absolution is IO’s most ambitious project to date and set for release in 2012.

About the Author:
Raymond Benson has penned and published worldwide six original James Bond novels and three 007 film novelizations. He is also the author (writing under the pseudonym David Michaels) of the New York Times best-selling books Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and its sequel Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell—Operation Barracuda, as well as the game tie-in novel Homefront: The Voice of Freedom (written with John Milius). He lives in Chicago with his wife.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Won't read it, but Hitman Absolution looks great! I'm hyping it.
    The game play trailer i've seen makes it look more action packed and takes it away from the silent assassin stuff I always liked. I'll definitely be getting it, but am currently on the fence about how good it will be.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Though I liked Benson's Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid novels (well, and his Bond novels), I don't think I'll be reading this. Never much of a Hitman fan (played and loved Hitman 2, though).