Request for updates on confirmed shooting locations for Skyfall

edited January 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 96
After coming across numerous sources stating how Skyfall has now eliminated several of its shooting locations, can anyone please confirm whether location shoots are/will occur in anyplace outside of England? As of now, I understand shooting will not take place in Scotland, Turkey, Wales, and India, and settings in Shanghai are now being shot in London. Any information, please? Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Hello, ^most of that is absurd.

This week we got pictures from the second unit filming a highway in Shanghai.
    Next month principle will move to Adana, Turkey and film an extensive train sequence.
    They will not film in India or Wales.
    They will not be using a castle in Scotland, but so far we know they will be filming in at least one location (assuming it hasn't changed).
    There is a rumor this week that they will be building a castle, but I do not remember where.

@Samuel can help you out better than me :)
  • Ah, JWestbrook, glad to hear these sources are mostly "absurd."
    Thanks for your response.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Hello, ^most of that is absurd.
    They will not film in India or Wales.
    There is a rumor this week that they will be building a castle, but I do not remember where.

Umm... Wales

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,352
    Seond unit work in Shanghai, China as well as filming in Wales as well as many parts of England and the upcoming three month shoot all over Turkey in no way makes Skyfall the England bound Bond film, some think it is. There is also extensive and very well made interiors at Pinewood, that are said to look so good, the look is seamless. Bond is also said to spend very little time there in the finished film. Plans for India did fall through and South Africia was scouted for locations but for all we know, nothing useful came of that.
  • Thank you everyone for your comments!