The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TWINE is always a joy from start to finish.
    And FFS get Arnold back for the score of Bond25..he is the closest to the legend we have lost that we have !!!
    Also the fact she was the victim/hostage and SHE turned Renard,the captor being turned by the captive,is a neat touch..
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Glad to see TWINE and Arnold get more love around here. Both are very underrated.
    Totally agree..i dont see the problem with either..im thoroughly enjoying TWINE ..i do every time...in the submarine now..fight time...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I will say this, the submarine fight between Bond and Renard was a huge wasted opportunity. A fist cuff with a man who feels no pain whatsoever. There was a lot of places they could have gone with that, and they avoid all of them.
    It is a cop-out i admit,but the film shouldnt be shafted for that..i mean look at GF n TB...!
    TWINE's final confrontation should have been more like Bond's fight with Hinx in SP.
    At least we got another sadistic Brosnan villain kill. I always loved that moment. "She's waiting for you!" Then sends the rod plunging into Renard's chest with a satisfied grin.
    and TWINE has left the building...i enjoyed that..got time for one more....but which ?
    Murdock wrote: »
    At least we got another sadistic Brosnan villain kill. I always loved that moment. "She's waiting for you!" Then sends the rod plunging into Renard's chest with a satisfied grin.
    That is true.
    Leaning towards DAD or QOS..
    Just sitting down to watch some of for your eyes only before bed.
    QOS it is....enjoy @Alan007 !!
    I love this PTS....love it
    Poor lotus
    Ow....i agree....that was painful to see.
    Bond v Slate....vicious stuff man..
    Arrive at Q branch and everyone's very busy working. Bond describes locque and then the lights are of and everyone's away home! They didn't take long to pack up at the end of the day
    "Luigi I'll see you later"
    "Ok"
    and he walks away without question or any new plans
    Bassey's theme is the only aspect of DAF that makes me regret ranking it last on my list.
    Maybe Bond pretends he's the author of Birds of the West Indies at the Playboy Club. :))
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,189
    He doesn't cut it for me as Bond in this. Other than a few funny lines he's overweight and bloated throughout. Looks like an over-the-hill waiter at a tacky gentleman's club.
    Watching TLD on this Sunday afternoon. Solid film but still not sure I like the whole mountain chase portion. It's got nothing to do with the films story and the Moore style shots of the bumbling policemen feel dated.
    Does Kara 'thick as shit' Milovy die in your version ?
    I don't mind Kara. She's got an adorable smile.

John Rys Davis should have been in another one. He's excellent.
    D'Abo's performance in the scene when Bond reveals who he is isn't all that great.

Dalton is really good though.

His delivery of the line "diamonds! hidden in the ice" when they are on the plane in the next scene is very Flash-Gordon-Esque.
    The locations in this are great but some of the interior sets look rather cheap (Kara's home, the Afgahn airbase). It was the same thing in LTK.
    Dalton's landing when he jumps over the fence after escaping from the airbase looks overacted.
    Say no more ...its TLD.