Do you believe in aliens and UFOs?

Comments

I shot it..the dragon is no more...but i have a lot of dragon fillet steaks in my freezer....prob tastes like crocodile...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Anyone for a flame grilled Puff Burger ?.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    For anybody interested in this subject, I highly recommend listening to previous radio interviews hosted by Art Bell. He frequently discussed topics centred around aliens and the paranormal. Fascinating stuff. I'm not someone who is susceptible to believing everything that I hear, but there's an undeniable intrigue for me when it comes to this kind of stuff. I find this interview from 1997 particularly intriguing:

I once read a story once called "Men without Bones". It puts forth a theory that we are actually extra terrestrials and have relegated men to living in the rain forests as a sloth-like blob-like creature that thrives using blob like techniques to hunt and feed.
    The extra terrestrial more intelligent and advanced than "men" forced them to gather deep into the rain forests to live out their animal existence while we the true "aliens" dominate the planet.

I think there is intelligent life "out there" but like Stephen Hawking suggested: Do we really want to meet them?
    What happens when a technologically advanced society comes into contact with one not so advanced?
    How did that thing work out for the Native Americans when Columbus and his minions arrived?

If they can travel to other galaxies, then they are more advanced and like the Predator in Predator, they would see us as vermin and need to be wiped out.

Or they may have advanced beyond conquest and plunder and war would be an aberration to such a civilization. They would take a look at us and decide that we are not worthy of their time and effort. Let us become more "civilized" and stop killing each other off first.

forgive my ramble...but its deep.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2016 Posts: 17,728
    patb wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I still want a pic of that invisible dragon from that other thread.

He's been abducted by aliens.

Well that was convenient!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I shot it..the dragon is no more...but i have a lot of dragon fillet steaks in my freezer....prob tastes like crocodile...

How will you ever see said dragon burgers?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I still want a pic of that invisible dragon from that other thread.

He's been abducted by aliens.

Well that was convenient!
    barryt007 wrote: »

How will you ever see said dragon burgers?

Dragon burgers? Ah, the only good that cooks itself.
    Ive put food colouring on them so I can see them ;)
    I certainly believe in life on other planets yes. What form that may take? Who know's?
    Do you believe in aliens and flying saucers? No.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Do you believe in aliens and flying saucers? No.

Very succinct. Thank you. We are on a similar page on this one it seems.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Aliens? As in any living organism found elsewhere in the universe? Almost certain. Flying saucers? No.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    America just voted an alien in office.
    They had the 'Trump' card ,DD...
    DarthDimi wrote: »

No an orangutan. The Planet of the Apes truly is earth.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

No, they just dodged a bullet.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't say that just yet.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 17,728
    Murdock wrote: »

I just wasn't a Clinton fan I'm afraid. I've always believed that things will settle down.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I just wasn't a Clinton fan I'm afraid. I've always found believed that things will settle down.

For a unionist, your lack of support for someone who ran on a ticket of "stronger together" is shocking-positively shocking-considering Trump prefers to divide us.
  • Politics belongs on some other thread I believe, unless the unspoken theme here is "What do you believe that can neither be proven nor disproven?" In which case... if the universe truly is infinite, then there are an infinite number of possibilities out there. Given an infinite number of possibilities, then certainly there must be alien intelligences out there...SOMEwhere.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,728

I just wasn't a Clinton fan I'm afraid. I've always found believed that things will settle down.

For a unionist, your lack of support for someone who ran on a ticket of "stronger together" is shocking-positively shocking-considering Trump prefers to divide us.

Well, Brady in Northern Ireland a Unionist is a conservative person and voter. In fact the Tories are the Conservative and Unionist Party, as Therrsa May made clear in her first speech as PM on 13 July 2016. In fact up until 1972 when Stormont was prorogued the Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) was electorally linked with the Tories and UUP MPs took the Tory whip at Westminster. UUP seats counted as part of the Conservative Party. There was even an attempt by David Cameron and UUP leader Sir Reg Empey to link the parties again in the 2010 General Election although that regrettably failed to produce results.

Donald Trump is a also a conservative so I see no double standards at work in my backing of him as president. Can you tell me where you think that I have went wrong here?
    Trump is no conservative. He's backed up by conservatives but he himself is apathetic politically: he does not defend ideas or policies but his own attitude and his own character. This is the signs of a fascist.

Wrong thread I know.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Trump is no conservative. He's backed up by conservatives but he himself is apathetic politically: he does not defend ideas or policies but his own attitude and his own character. This is the signs of a fascist.

Wrong thread I know.

Well, he is anti-abortion for starters.
    That does not make him a conservative. You can be communist and against abortion.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,728
    That does not make him a conservative. You can be communist and against abortion.

I know but many Republicans agree with him on that particular issue. The Democrats are more liberal on the issue by comparison. Also, Trump did stand on the Republican ticket and not as an Independent candidate.
    He pandered to conservatives. And to the most unsavoury types. But he is not a conservative himself.
    He pandered to conservatives. And to the most unsavoury types. But he is not a conservative himself.

What would describe Trump as instead, besides a fascist?
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

What would describe Trump as instead, besides a fascist?

A con man. Wrong thread gentlemen. Bringing it back to thread: an alien. :O)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Could we contact ghosts of aliens, through a medium ? :D
    Only the dead ones!
  • Could we contact ghosts of aliens, through a medium ? :D
    Rarely, and only when it's well done.

;))