Aston Martin DB10 & Jaguar C-X75 Discussion

1235»

Comments

SaintMark wrote: »
    Beautiful car that was not very well used in a chase that was the most boring one in the 007 history. It felt like they had seen F&tF and decided we cannot top that so we do a phone-call in the middle of a chase that shows how much we do not care about the chase.
    The emptiness of Rome was hard to understand, it is always crazy traffic there. It felt all very unreal.

I think the whole reason it was a bit of a slow chase was because the cars were prototypes and the streets of Rome are very narrow. It was late at night too, which may explain the lack of traffic.

Even late at night you might be surprised at the amount of traffic and live in Rome. It felt a bit like chasing in a ghosttown.

ANd Bonds BMW being picked up by Wade is hardly called a chase?

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Beautiful car that was not very well used in a chase that was the most boring one in the 007 history. It felt like they had seen F&tF and decided we cannot top that so we do a phone-call in the middle of a chase that shows how much we do not care about the chase.
    The emptiness of Rome was hard to understand, it is always crazy traffic there. It felt all very unreal.

I think the whole reason it was a bit of a slow chase was because the cars were prototypes and the streets of Rome are very narrow. It was late at night too, which may explain the lack of traffic.

Even late at night you might be surprised at the amount of traffic and live in Rome. It felt a bit like chasing in a ghosttown.

ANd Bonds BMW being picked up by Wade is hardly called a chase?

Now I can't speak for Rome itself, but as far as I know all European capitals like Berlin (was there last week) Paris, London, are fairly quiet after midnight. Anyway, I don't really care there's a lack of traffic. I like the ballet kind of qualities this chase has.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I was excited when the rear Aston Martin emblem revealed itself to be a machine gun, only for it to have no ammo loaded in... Darn it.. Would've been epic. Alas, it takes me back to the Aston Martin vs Jaguar chase on ice from DAD..
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Car chase with some new music from Everything or Nothing and Blood Stone.
    EON

BS
    Just like Waltz's Blofeld, I want to see the DB10 again, they both seem to not show off their full capabilities in SP yet.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Gummy wrote: »
    Just like Waltz's Blofeld, I want to see the DB10 again, they both seem to not show off their full capabilities in SP yet.

I would like the DB10 to come back as well (seems like a waste of money to create it and not use it again), and in a proper car chase this time.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 503
    maybe they could have a scene in the next film where Bond gets to choose between the DB10 and another car (Bentley maybe?) , like in the Goldfinger novel.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    edited April 2016 Posts: 45
    I would love to see the new Aston Martin DB11 in a future film. I mean just look at it.

[img][/img]db11-012.jpg

I might even prefer it to the DB10.
  • I would love to see the new Aston Martin DB11 in a future film. I mean just look at it.

[img][/img]db11-012.jpg

I definitely prefer it to the DB10.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    I absolutely prefer it to the DB10. And the interior of the DB11 is utterly amazing.
  • I would love to see the new Aston Martin DB11 in a future film. I mean just look at it.

[img][/img]db11-012.jpg

I read in one of the car magazines (cant remember which one , may have been autocar) that a prototype version of the DB11 was supposed to be in Spectre.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gorgeous.
    It really is a beautiful car! I did a whole bunch of research on it.
    It's a nicer looking car than the DB10 IMO. The DB10 was a little bit 'concept car' gimmicky - not the real deal. Aston Martin styling has to be tight and quite restrained. The DB10 was a little overstyled for my tastes.
    Getafix wrote: »
    It's a nicer looking car than the DB10 IMO. The DB10 was a little bit 'concept car' gimmicky - not the real deal. Aston Martin styling has to be tight and quite restrained. The DB10 was a little overstyled for my tastes.

Are you talking about the DB11?
    Yes
    The DB11 certainly seems to be longer than the DB10. I do like how they Incorporated some styling elements from the DB10 into the DB11. Are there any pictures of the interior of the DB11?
  • The DB11 certainly seems to be longer than the DB10. I do like how they Incorporated some styling elements from the DB10 into the DB11. Are there any pictures of the interior of the DB11?

Aston_Martin-DB11-2017-1024-91.jpg