Arrogance and self-awareness seldom go hand-in-hand

GumboldGumbold Atlantis
in Bond Movies Posts: 118
I've been thinking about this line every now and then ever since I heard it, and I'm not quite sure what M means when she says it. Could anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I always though it was self explanatory.

Her opinion of rookie Bond is that he is hasty and over confident. Moreover, she thinks he is short sighted and does not see the big picture. His ego gets in the way. He is not 'dispassionate' as she notes.

Her opinion is that such a persona is not a self reflective one.

It comes down to the brash impulsiveness of youth rather than the calm wisdom of maturity. These themes are also brought up in SF with Q.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I always though it was self explanatory.

Her opinion of rookie Bond is that he is hasty and over confident. Moreover, she thinks he is short sighted and does not see the big picture. His ego gets in the way. He is not 'dispassionate' as she notes.

Her opinion is that such a persona is not a self reflective one.

It comes down to the brash impulsiveness of youth rather than the calm wisdom of maturity. These themes are also brought up in SF with Q.

I dont need to add anything ..@bondjames has hit the nail on the head.

Said jokingly or seriously @Birdleson ?
  • RC7RC7
    Ha ha
    bravo !
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    When I first read the title of this thread I thought I was a refferance to D Trump.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Check the following thread out @Gumbold. It's a general question thread that all our SmartyPants frequent.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#latest
    ;)
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    When I first read the title of this thread I thought I was a refferance to D Trump.

I came here expecting this too! Though I am pleased to see SOMETHING not about the election hahaha.