No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.

Truer words were never spoken. It's almost mass delusional interpreting anything like Craig's likely return in that interview.
    If anything people should be concerned and very about "everyone is still tired".

That's what I thought. We seem to have brushed past that remark entirely.

I mentioned that too. There's no "cherry picking" in the slightest. Can we move on please?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.

Truer words were never spoken. It's almost mass delusional interpreting anything like Craig's likely return in that interview.
    If anything people should be concerned and very about "everyone is still tired".

That's what I thought. We seem to have brushed past that remark entirely.

I mentioned that too. There's no "cherry picking" in the slightest. Can we move on please?

Ok, sorry.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    We really don't know anything at this stage, do we? Only that there will be a Bond 25 eventually, and MGM/EON will make it. That's about it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    @bondjames Little tidbits here and there, but nothing remotely concrete or substantial as the things you mentioned.
    We don't know this, but IMO a 2018 release is becoming very unlikely. Of course they could pull off something miraculous, but I personally don't think they are in the mood to do so at the moment. Just a hunch, but I think we are looking at 2019 at the earliest. maybe they could shake things up and go for a summer 2019 release?
  • RC7RC7

It wasn't the idea that he was 'just exaggerating', it was the fact his comment was made as they wrapped, but publicised as if it had been made in the midst of the publicity drive. So, yeah, out of context. Craig saying he'd miss it was, on the other hand, not.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @jake24.

Just to confirm then (given we're likely to be in a long dry spell here for some time in terms of official news): Rumours and speculation/general discussion about B25 and what we would ideally like to see in it is ok, but we should all try not to digress to other topics and discussion. Yes?

Do you think it's a good idea to include 'Speculation' in the title?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,078
    RC7 wrote: »

It wasn't the idea that he was 'just exaggerating', it was the fact his comment was made as they wrapped, but publicised as if it had been made in the midst of the publicity drive. So, yeah, out of context. Craig saying he'd miss it was, on the other hand, not.

But he wasn't even referring to playing Bond, he was saying he'd miss acting if he were to give it up. Anyway, the OP has spoken. We can't discuss it further.
    @bondjames You got it, mate. I don't think a change of title is necessary, it's implied at this point.

But he wasn't even referring to playing Bond, he was saying he'd miss acting if he were to give it up. Anyway, the OP has spoken. We can't discuss it further.

It's not a dictatorship. Feel free to discuss whatever you want, so long as it relates to B25.

My assumption, based on the news dry spell, is that EON Productions have changed their ways of developing a film following the Sony hacks two years back. They have likely changed their ways of communicating, as well as having a stricter hold for what information is released and what is kept under wraps. It has presumably left them paranoid (and rightly so). A part of me believes, however, that if something were to be going on with the forthcoming film we would have heard something by now. It's a possibility that Craig's comments regarding the lack of urgency with B25's development is likely a cover up for the fact that the studio is holding everything up.
  • At the risk of bringing more speculation here...

BB and MGW will be producing another play, this time in the West End - "The Kid Stays in the Picture", based on Robert Evans' autobiography. That runs until April 2017. So that may put things off even more.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sam-mendes-to-direct-new-jez-butterworth-play_42131.html

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    facepalm.gif
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »

It's not a dictatorship. Feel free to discuss whatever you want, so long as it relates to B25.

My assumption, based on the news dry spell, is that EON Productions have changed their ways of developing a film following the Sony hacks two years back. They have likely changed their ways of communicating, as well as having a stricter hold for what information is released and what is kept under wraps. It has presumably left them paranoid (and rightly so). A part of me believes, however, that if something were to be going on with the forthcoming film we would have heard something by now. It's a possibility that Craig's comments regarding the lack of urgency with B25's development is likely a cover up for the fact that the studio is holding everything up.

I agree with that too. Last anything even remotely we heard regarding development was Gregg Wilson's comments last spring I think. And that was before it became apparent no distribution deal had been reached or was being reached.
    Thanks for the news, @Calliope.

Not a good sign, not at all.
    facepalm.gif
    Precisely.

Of course, he was referring to Bond. Funny how everybody gets that but you. Don't turn around facts and logic to make up your "whatever you call it" Point?

Calliope wrote: »
    At the risk of bringing more speculation here...

BB and MGW will be producing another play, this time in the West End - "The Kid Stays in the Picture", based on Robert Evans' autobiography. That runs until April 2017. So that may put things off even more.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sam-mendes-to-direct-new-jez-butterworth-play_42131.html

Oh for f***'s sake!
    Sheesh! Bond 25 really is a long way off!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Calliope wrote: »
    At the risk of bringing more speculation here...

Oh for f***'s sake!

My thoughts exactly.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    If you listen carefully, you're able to hear the vague sound of me screaming into a pillow.
    We're looking at another four-year gap. (:|
    It may be longer. The rate of development is half the speed of smell.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,078

Seems so. :-\"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Whenever it comes out, it comes out. (:|

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Can someone put me in a coma until there's a big announcement?
    Can someone put me in a coma until there's a big announcement?
    If it were that easy. /:)
    2018 is off the table.
    This might be the longest gap yet; has the potential :( pretty sad about this. I feel like the longer they wait, the less of a chance there is of Craig returning.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Don't want to shatter dreams, but Craig is out of the picture, no way there will be another Bond with him in 2019 or probably more likely 2020.
    Let's not jump to any rash conclusions yet. It does seem to me like the longer they wait, the less likely Craig will be Bond a fifth time. Anyone remember how Dalton left?