Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Much appreciated, @DarthDimi! :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's what I get paid asked to do.

;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Be sure to keep that thread reserved for full reviews only, so we can keep it cleaned up. Any discussions or questions regarding other people's thoughts and opinions can be placed in the other SP initial review threads. Failure to do so will result in death? Wait, that can't be right...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    When I browse some thread and hits the back button on my iPad to go back to the main menu on the site, I'm getting automatically out logged and the topics that are on the start menu are threads from some months back. It's quite irritating and the only way to go back to the main menu is either through reloading the page or clicking on the banner.
    This is not a problem on any other devices.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I would suggest making the search bar better by allowing you to select between searching just thread titles, just thread text, both, and search by username. Many forums allow for this, specifically ones that use v-bulletin.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would suggest making the search bar better by allowing you to select between searching just thread titles, just thread text, both, and search by username. Many forums allow for this, specifically ones that use v-bulletin.

Just search via Google whatever it is you're looking for, followed by 'MI6Community.'
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Just search via Google whatever it is you're looking for, followed by 'MI6Community.'
    Always works for me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,586
    Dp
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah, I always do that now, but I just think that a change might help others and prevent redundant threads.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A proposition I have to make if it's relevant to post it here, of course.

I've been having very huge problems with the constant automatic activation of 'Save Draft' that is really giving me a hard time on more than one occasion. Every platform I use (whether a computer or tablet or smartphone) to log in to the forums gets crashed when the draft is saved automatically, and it's irritating to say the least.

My suggestion would be whether the MI6 Community administration would put a switch for the automatic save so the users could treat the option however they please, whether they'll turn it on or off. Personally, I could really use that option.

Many thanks, chaps.
    This is really more of a question. I've seen people change the colour of the font in their posts. How?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    jake24 wrote: »
    This is really more of a question. I've seen people change the colour of the font in their posts. How?
    It's custom-made, @jake24:

You insert the following [ color=# ] Your text [ /color ]

the spans should not consist of space bars, and next to the hash key, in six digits, you insert the colour code.

As for the color codes, this'll help:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors

Here's an example:
    Red
    Green

You'll see how are they written once you open them in "quote" mode.
    Thanks! It worked.
    You're welcome! :-bd
  • GagReathleGagReathle France
    Hello,

I have just a little question and I didn't wanted to open a thread just for that, so I'm just gonna ask it here!
    I noticed that there were a lot of interviews and stuff for the Bond Games around 2002-2008, and it's actually with them that I discovered MI6. I loved that work, I think it's wonderful to have that much informations about game developpement.
    That said, I was really disappointed when I saw that there almost wasn't any informations for Blood Stone, GoldenEye Wii/Reloaded and 007 Legends.

Why is that so? Is it because of Activision?

Best regards to the community,
    I'd like to change my username to @JohnTitor.
    How coincidental, @jake24. I was talking to someone about John Titor just a few hours ago.
    It's not a coincidence. I'm from the future, remember?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Ah yes. Of course. Military soldier. About to be the new almighty for the human kind.
    So you know.
    Yes. I actually am also from the future and further than 2030s... I've seen things...
    Then I'd love to hear your predictions following the 2016 presidential election. ;)
    Chaos! Civil War! Mass Destruction!

Nuclear...

...War...

Doomsday!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I get keeping blank spaces where people's avatars should be, it happens only to some.
    As if the pic wouldn't load, anyone can help?
    We come with peace. Always.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I know the Mods have made comment about this elsewhere but if we could just get rid of those damned spammers. They are deleted quickly but sadly there appears no way within the system to automatically block them from joining in the first place.

I'd like to see a facility to post pictures.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but would tgere be a possibility of a "Mark all threads as read" option? I do read most of the conversations on here but there are also some that I don't and think this would be a useful tool so I can easily pick up where I left off. Just a thought.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but would tgere be a possibility of a "Mark all threads as read" option? I do read most of the conversations on here but there are also some that I don't and think this would be a useful tool so I can easily pick up where I left off. Just a thought.

I'll ask the question.
    I also, please, require the automatic save draft to have an option where it's manually deactivated. It's ruining too many things I write and do here. On mobile, sometimes, it wouldn't even let me post because of it.