The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    On whose side!?!?!
    ...and that means you smartasses
    arnt u meant to be watching FRWL ,matey ?
    Yes but didn't. After a Dalton double feature I always need a break. I love Dalton so much.
    So I only could watch one of my most beloved Bonds now, that would be either GE OP or OHMSS.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    LALD done...no real change...QOS in (This film is really really growing on me )...
    Dominic Greene is really a great villain...this has all the eerie mystery re Quantum/Spectre that SP never had...
    Ok, FYEO is in the player now...at last I decided...and it is the only other Bond that has a Dalton feel, so there you go...

as my iPad has 2% power left it'll be charged for the next hour...so no live commentaries I'm afraid.

I can say this already though. I always liked Sheena Easton. Own ALL her albums and everything she did from 1984 to 1991 was pure Heaven for me.
    Dominic Greene is really a great villain...this has all the eerie mystery re Quantum/Spectre that SP never had...
    I love Dominic Greene (and Elvis). Greene is infinitely better a villain than ridiculously unreal Silva.
    LeChiffre is still the best though of the Craig era, also thanks to the brilliant actor.
    Agreed agreed and agreed....
    Mathis dying like that still grates at me....
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    22 minutes into FYEO.

Already we have some of the best things in all of Bond:

-The most emotional gripping tense scene ever, the bloody murder of Melina's parents happening before her eyes. The score and the camera zooming to her face and then eyes, and her acting provide one of the unforgettable moments.
    -Bond visiting Tracy's grave and finally disposing of Blofeld.

When I push the play button, Bond will encounter Melina and they will embark on an unforgettable journey in the most iconic of all iconic cars ever :))
    I think the FYEO gunbarrel is possibly the best of them all,welcome back BJB....as for me,you sometimes dont realise how much Quantum are really chasing Bond in QOS....

Aaah the FYEO Citroen car chase...."Love a drive in the country dont you ?"...i think Sir Roger reached his peak in this film..
    Stinging in the rain.
    Nose, not a banana Q!
    hahaha ....and as for QOS...we need Felix back and consistant,so keep Geoffery Wright !!

I love Bond's assault on the hotel,about to start,and the score for this is SOOO under-rated.....it's time for the British to take on Quantum ....
    is it underrated?
    It's my favourite of Arnold's actually.

...enter Bibi...in her blue sparkling ice skating dress.
    Never got the hate for her...I like her...and I definitely would do more than just buy her an ice cream :P
    hahaha me too....and im 46...she is a little sexpot
    I love the way ,in the hotel,Greene just lets out all his anger on Bond and shows he is nuttier than a fruitcake,so much a Quantum/Spectre agent..
    "Sounds like you just lost another one !"
    don't grow up any more, the opposite sex would never survive it, ha ha, I love that line.
    Thats Sir Rog for you ,he was as charming in real life when i met him...and that is the end of QOS,which was much more satisfying than LALD this time...need some work on my list .
    QOS keeps climbing my list after every watch...
    I love the contrast in FYEO of the locations, sea, snowy alps, back to the Greek island...it all feels like one big holiday trip, a dangerous one though...

QOS has gone up considerably in my ranking these last few years. I had it as high as 9 earlier this year, but I think it will ultimately land somewhere between 11 and 12 as there are just too many other Bond movies I feel like they belong into my Top 10.

DN-FRWL-GF
    OHMSS
    TSWLM-FYEO-OP
    TLD-LTK
    GE-TND
    CR-QOS-SP

that's 14, so you see my dilemma. And those 14 are only the ones I consider "perfect" (for me)....I wish I were not that obsessed with rankings :P

as for Bibi, she can eat me up anytime she likes :D
    Goodbye Countess.

Joy and pain, so close together in FYEO. I think it is one of the best balanced Bond movies in that regard, like LTK, lots of tragedy and love.
    LTK-________________________
    ________________----TLD is a home banker.
    FYEO was great, as usual.

On the menu today...
    DOUBLE FEATURE NOW

From Russia With Love
    and
    Goldfinger

starting in 5 minutes...
    So Daniel got his first role in FRWL...interesting...oh wait...

...Shaw could be Craig's father...the resemblance is striking.

Once more I realise From Russia With Love isn't even a "proper" Bond theme, it's an end titles song. I seem to forget that fact every time.

Ali Kerim Bey, my favourite character in the series. Of course I love J.W. Pepper endlessly, just saying.

There is something that makes FRWL the eternal classic it is. Maybe more than any other Bond.
    In quite a few instances FRWL feels quite Hitchockian. Maybe one of the main reasons I love FRWL that much.
    I love Kerim Bey,Draco,and Mathis....brilliant allies....
    Seeing FRWL the first time since Spectre hit the screens a year ago.

Quite fascinating how the famous train fight in FRWL suddenly doesn't look that unbeatable anymore after SPs spectacular train fight.

I'm afraid to say it has found its match. SP beats FRWL in that regard, hands down.