The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    :))

and he had the best women....Goodhead, Goodnight, XXX, Octopussy....what's in a name :))
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    he he ....i love the fight at Stacey's house...Sir Rog did well there,not all stuntmen...just happened ...Oh and dont forget Miss Smallbone....hahaha
    Bloody hell Tanya Roberts' legs in those PJ shorts.....no wonder Sir Rog was an 'early riser' !!!

Chuck Lee is about to become Mayday's bitch for 3 minutes....one dead Chinese/American....bye Chuck.
    That fight at Stacey's house has to be one of the worst edited fights in Bond.
    In the mines,just about to have the Mayday v Bond that never was.....
    I am amazed that,back in 1985 ,with the massacre in the mines ,that this was still given PG...the reason was i suppose that you either cut the scene,which would make Zorin look stupid,or raise the certificate to a 15,which it is nowhere near...hence the lovely 12 rating now...bringing that in has saved many a film...anyway..Mayday is about to blow up and then the Golden Gate Bridge scrap which i do like,i have a framed piccie of the AVTAK film poster in my hallway...
    VIENNA by day
    VIENNA by night

It can't get more romantic like that, and for a moment this feels like OHMSS Bond falling in love all over again.

What a great, great location to shoot a Bond film. The Prater is especially great and Saunder's death is one of the most shocking in the series.

Timothy Dalton's moments after the violent death of his colleague is the best acting job in all of Bond. He puts his successors to shame in one scene.
    VIENNA by day
    VIENNA by night

It can't get more romantic like that, and for a moment this feels like OHMSS Bond falling in love all over again.

What a great, great location to shoot a Bond film. The Prater is especially great and Saunder's death is one of the most shocking in the series.

Timothy Dalton's moments after the violent death of his colleague is the best acting job in all of Bond. He puts his successors to shame in one scene.

I must admit,Saunders death and Bond clutching the balloon,and jumping the fence nearly shooting a little girl is brilliant...but i never denied that...its just frickin Kara and lovey dovey....Lazenby was so much more subtle...

Nothing against Zorin (Walken) but I realise now that only two years later we got the best bunch of villains in one Bond film.
    Georgi, Necros, Whitaker...all of them believable and realistic, no funny wigs, face implants, ridiculous behaviour, or traits like diamonds or bullets in the head, no bleeding eye (although Mikkelsen sell it perfectly).

67 minutes into the film and I know why it never left my Top 3 in almost 30 years.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Everything from there forward (aside form Stacey being ambushed by a goddamned blimp and Q's stupid robot) is pretty great.

It is ,and Barry's score really is coming out,so many variations in this film,such a good score..and Jones and Sir Rog really show genuine urgency in the attempt to get the bomb clear....brilliant stuff...and Zorin snapping off his glasses..."Mayday !"

Golden Gate fight here we go !!!...time for a John Barry masterpiece...."Go get him..go !!!!"
    And i have actually watched 2 Bond films in one day,with the end of AVTAK...
    Thanks for putting up with my comments n whinges etc..time to decide what to do next ?
    Watch The Living Daylights.
    hahaha i am going to watch 3 in one day but my 3rd is.............................................GE
    As with TB and AVTAK its been a long while...time to put in the disc....dont tell me you prefer TLD over GE now ,BJB ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    hahaha i am going to watch 3 in one day but my 3rd is.............................................GE

Even better!!
    Good man....i know you love it,gunbarrel time...Brozza time !!!
    This film is class even in the PTS...
    Afghanistan, beautiful cinematography, adventure, romance, heroism,
    Incredibly epic sequence, the bridge explosion.
    Exciting, suspenseful, gripping.
    And Barry providing the best score in the series to it.
    someone is in love wz TLD methinks
    what scene changed things for u ? im obviously passed it now as i watch ..
    General Gogol getting his last scene and waved goodbye so to speak.

I love that moment!

End credits, best ever secondary Bond themes, If There Was A Man and Where Has Everybody Gone.
    Missiles coming in...ejecting out of the graveyard.
    ....Tbh @birdleson its a very re-watchable film...i have watched 3 Bonds today (first time in years) TB,AVTAK and am in mid GE...GE has re-watchability out of the three,i can see that first hand....and ,although it doesnt apply to me,a lot of members grew up with Brosnan ,he is their Bond,and this is his beginning..
    General Gogol getting his last scene and waved goodbye so to speak.

I love that moment!

End credits, best ever secondary Bond themes, If There Was A Man and Where Has Everybody Gone.

Well done for putting up with that..LTK now ?..you will like it more BJB !!
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    To be honest now I feel like GoldenEye, thanks to you :))

decisions, decisions...

I'm just glad God invented the iPad and Siri, second screening and dictating my comments on this forum to Siri while watching TV makes life so much more easy and pleasurable :D
    Yes, I often say that GE is that generation's GF. There are many parallels both in and around the films. Great double-feature.

Spot on !!.....oh hold on ,tank scene....the soundtrack in this scene is good i must say,which normally is GE weakness...."Use the bumper,thats what its for !!"

To be honest now I feel like GoldenEye, thanks to you :))

decisions, decisions...

I'm just glad God invented the iPad and Siri, second screening and dictating my comments on this forum to Siri while watching TV makes life so much more easy and pleasurable :D

Hurry up,squeeze another Bond mission in !!
    For the duration of this Community Bondathon I am staying with the film of the week and not veering course. So, I'm watching FRWL for the second time in two days. I watched it last night BeatlesSansEarmuffs, that was cool.
    Impressive..

I watched DN two times last week :D

Probably the same will happen to me with FRWL, it features my absolute favourite ally Ali Kerim Bey, oh and how I love his girl yearning for him...
    And the end of GE is nigh...
    I turned it off before it started....of the 3 films today,TB is the strongest by a long while..i knew it would beat AVTAK but GE has disappointed me today.....i need to think but TB wins out..anyway ,over to anyone else who is viewing a Bond....comments ?
    up to "oh spare me this sentimental rubbish" in LTK.

DALTON RULEZ™ completely

Seeing him act makes me realise once more how truly average Craig is in the acting department.
    One can only hope EON will hire another actor of the calibre of Dalton for Bond 25 or Bond 26.

The PTS is great. The score, which I don't like too much overall, also works brilliantly in the PTS.
    The personal angle with Felix and his wife, the marriage and the cruel fate is getting to me every time. I can feel Bond's anger and grief. Dalton sees to it.

The film is beautifully shot, similar like TB, it feels like a holiday movie for a good part.

Dalton looks great in this first 35 minutes and he is doing all the stunts himself like he did in TLD. If that only could be said of the current films.

Even if Dalton only had two films, it was enough to turn me into a passionate life long Bond fan.
    The emotional roller-coaster-ride LTK put me through back in 1989 was quite unpleasant. I was only 15 and the violence was a bit much. Later I learned to love LTK, almost as much as I love TLD.

Sadly as it is now 01:15 I must sleep, I will continue watching LTK tomorrow before I will watch FRWL.