Send in the "Killer Clowns"!

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited January 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 17,727
clown.jpg

It had to happen sooner or later. Not the "Killer Clown" phenomenon itself (no one saw that coming, did they?!) but an MI6 discussion thread on the subject.

To start us off here is a recent story from the Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/killer-clown-craze-the-creepiest-uk-sightings/

What is the object of these clowns? Are they sinister or pranksters or a mad mixture of both?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. :O)

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,675
    This is really creepy! Personally, I never have been scared of clowns, but this might make me switch. That, coupled with the fact the John Wayne Gacy was one.
    Besides Pennywise none of those killer clowns really rate on my radar.

Why "grown ups"want to run around outside of Halloween and scare the living daylights out of folks is a mystery for me. But then again the US have exported more crappy ideas before and it sits perhaps well with that other Killer clown Ronald McDonald who is murder on your health.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    SaintMark wrote: »

Why "grown ups"want to run around outside of Halloween and scare the living daylights out of folks is a mystery for me. But then again the US have exported more crappy ideas before and it sits perhaps well with that other Killer clown Ronald McDonald who is murder on your health.

=))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    SaintMark wrote: »

=))

Seconded. Quite brilliant in nature and so true too of course.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2016 Posts: 7,964
    If The Simpsons were remade today, Krusty would be trying to kill Bart, not sideshow Bob.
    If The Simpsons were remade today, Krusty would be trying to kill Bart, not sideshow Bob.

Might have to nick that for a Facebook status.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Might have to nick that for a Facebook status.

Feel free.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's all fun and games until people get sick and tired, and start fighting back. I am glad to hear, that people have already had enough. One pregnant woman went into a premature labour because of one such incident. But fear not, Batman has taken to the streets to sort 'em out. That's not a joke, there is a Batman vigilante on the streets, hunting these morons down.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    113248321-roger-moore-dressed-as-a-clown-on-the-set-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2FRaQ5sz1o1HNfD4NM8nNdKosfKtH26rH0rrhxtYicCdmuCESpwb6kMn8k0wt0O%2F2mVmg%3D%3D
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2016 Posts: 2,721
    The real tragedy with this creepy clown phenomenon is that when a clown tries to warn people that there is a nuclear threat from duplicitous faberge egg trading Soviet megalomaniac - no one will listen...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Anyone here planning on dressing up?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Something like this perhaps
    Is he dead?

This is how it will all end I fear!
  • 113248321-roger-moore-dressed-as-a-clown-on-the-set-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2FRaQ5sz1o1HNfD4NM8nNdKosfKtH26rH0rrhxtYicCdmuCESpwb6kMn8k0wt0O%2F2mVmg%3D%3D

Licensed to scare stupid people to death.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Moore does make quite a dashing clown :O)
    And he even knifed someone. Octopussy needs to be banned.
    And he even knifed someone. Octopussy needs to be banned.

Ha ha!

Oh, I can the headlines now.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The original killer clown. ;)
    latest?cb=20150123161059
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    The mimes tried to warn us but no one listened :(
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    edited October 2016 Posts: 189
    The only killer clowns we deserve.

ttyixwfki1t8oudmwznd.png
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sideshow Bob would be more representative.
    Scary clown costumes have been banned at my place of work for Halloween. My supervisor is going as Batman and convinced his other subordinates to be other characters from the rogue gallery, and asked me to show up as the Joker (would be my second time). Last year I might have unintentionally scared a few adults with their children. Some of them wanted pictures with me though. It was fun. Now Im sure I can only go if I dont wear the makeup, which is a big part of the Joker.
    These are going to cause alot of panic and fear this halloween, and no doubt somewhere they will cause something fatal to happen.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who called it in '88, it's that damn Psychic Circus again...

CWN16LXWEAAqOkh.jpg
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    These are going to cause alot of panic and fear this halloween, and no doubt somewhere they will cause something fatal to happen.

Yes, that is always the danger with this sort of thing. Sadly only then will people think about stopping it...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    You just try that in "my" bayou, boy! I'd haul your ass!
    It arrived to Spain, too.

First, a man was photographed on various touristic points of the city of Lleida (pop., about 150.000) and started warning about some kind of killer clown invasion in the city in his Instagram account. Three days later, after lots of hate, warnings and appearences in media he decided to stop and blamed said media and the social media of demonizing him (ther is no proof of him scaring people: he just took the photos). The general answer of the citizens has been something the likes of "we already have an awful clown called Mayor. We don't need an invasion, thanks".

Then again, a band of clowns is scaring people in the random places neighbouring the city of Valencia. The local police already is telling the people to not panic and have even created a "how to face a killer clown prankster" guide.

I suffer from coulrophobia and I have to say I'm quite scared to cross my path with these chaps. Especially since some of you know, I had heart surgery fairly recently.
    And this said by a guy who has an almost full Jason Vorhees costume! On Carnivals (we celebrate Carnival, like they do in Brazil), I like to disguise myself at my workplace: I actually scared a poor gal by... Sitting on a bank, waiting to buy a snack in our bar, with my Jason mask on. I decided to dress as a droog the next day: It's less scary.

And in Germany... Well, we can call it the first casualty, albeit non fatal, luckily: a 14 yr. old kid stabbed a acquittance of his (16) who wanted to prank him like this. The so-called "agressor" himself tended the "victim" until paramedics arrived. The prankster is in hospital after emergency surgery and the agressor was briefly arrested, then given back to his parents. They say the boy will get quite scott-free as his action will be considered as legit self-defence, albeit an exxagerated one (how come a 14 year-old kiddo's carrying a penknife in the steets of Berlin)? If a German user can provide better info..,

• ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    The American law enforcement are advising people against "killer clown" costumes this Halloween as people may confuse the reason your wearing it.