No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

jake24 wrote: »

Thanks chaps,i hadnt seen that snippet,and i think DC will be back from that....his 5th film (one less than Connery..tempting for a 6th ?)...

• edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Nuanced, confetti, gritty... which word will next enter the "Words that are used a lot on this forum" list?

I think the word 'pussy' was very popular today. But perhaps that's not as radical as 'nuanced' ;-).
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »

@jake24, thanks for posting the video! I just finished it and was going to do the same as you.

There's a lot of great exclusive footage here, and I loved to hear Dan talk about how his grandfather being a master tailor motivated him to come to Bond with certain style expectations. And boy does it show.

David did a great job representing fans of Bond and his style, and provided a truly measured response to Dan's remarks about the character and what that could mean for the future of the franchise and his involvement in it.

Nothing is certain until it is certain. But watching back Craig's jovial, positive and nuanced attitude -and with it his answers- during the New Yorker's Festival, I'd guess he'll be back as 007 for a 5th time. But most likely we'll have to wait a bit longer for the movie in which he appears as 007 for the 5th time. If you're old enough, one can be patient. I can ;-).

Dammit, @Gustav_Graves, what have I told you about that word! ;) You should know that @TheWizardOfIce recently had it trademarked, so you've got to pay him 5 quid every time you use it.

Also, he's now misusing it. The phrase 'a nuanced attitude' is grammatically poor.

@RC7, dare I say that was a nuanced™ deconstruction of Gustav's grammar.
    :D

You cheeky...

Good to see you respect copyright law Brady.

Gustav is going to get a shock when my demand for payment lands on his doorstep. £5 a time? The poor bloke will be selling the Big Issue by next Tuesday.
    I seriously can't be f**ked to wade through hundreds of comments to try and find the smallest kernel of information.

The fact that the title has been changed to 'Dan's favourite colour' rather than 'Dan is staying/going' tells me all I need to know.

Utter waste of everyone's time but it's the people who've been walking round with massive hard ons for the last few weeks at the prospect this interview would herald some certain answers I feel sorry for. Did they genuinely believe that EON would sanction a major news release about Bond in an interview that wasn't even being filmed?

They might not know much about commissioning a coherent script but they how to make a press release. When Dan does go EON will be actively involved in how that news is put out there rather than it being done in an interview in a back street pub with an audience of two blokes and a dog.

Well it sounds like you are taking this a bit too seriously. Myself I didn't think much would come out of the interview, but it's always good fun to have events like these where Bond fans can get excited instead of automatically being cynical.

So your frustration tells me you're at least a little annoyed by the lack of news. The least we could do was have a little fun with it.

Please spare us your back of a fag packet psychology.

If I'm frustrated it's only in the fact that EON seem utterly disinterested in making good the mistakes of SP. If making Bond films is such a chore then sell the rights to Disney.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@jake24, thanks for posting the video! I just finished it and was going to do the same as you.

There's a lot of great exclusive footage here, and I loved to hear Dan talk about how his grandfather being a master tailor motivated him to come to Bond with certain style expectations. And boy does it show.

David did a great job representing fans of Bond and his style, and provided a truly measured response to Dan's remarks about the character and what that could mean for the future of the franchise and his involvement in it.

Nothing is certain until it is certain. But watching back Craig's jovial, positive and nuanced attitude -and with it his answers- during the New Yorker's Festival, I'd guess he'll be back as 007 for a 5th time. But most likely we'll have to wait a bit longer for the movie in which he appears as 007 for the 5th time. If you're old enough, one can be patient. I can ;-).

Dammit, @Gustav_Graves, what have I told you about that word! ;) You should know that @TheWizardOfIce recently had it trademarked, so you've got to pay him 5 quid every time you use it.
    Agreed. It was interesting to see his take on QoS in hindsight as well.

That it was. It's rare we get to hear Dan talk about QoS, but I'm glad that on the whole he views the experience as one of personal learning and supports its existence as being a Bond film full of great moments as worthy as any to be a part of the lineage.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RC7 wrote: »

Also, he's now misusing it. The phrase 'a nuanced attitude' is grammatically poor.

@RC7, dare I say that was a nuanced™ deconstruction of Gustav's grammar.
    :D

You cheeky...

Good to see you respect copyright law Brady.

Gustav is going to get a shock when my demand for payment lands on his doorstep. £5 a time? The poor bloke will be selling the Big Issue by next Tuesday.
    I seriously can't be f**ked to wade through hundreds of comments to try and find the smallest kernel of information.

The fact that the title has been changed to 'Dan's favourite colour' rather than 'Dan is staying/going' tells me all I need to know.

Utter waste of everyone's time but it's the people who've been walking round with massive hard ons for the last few weeks at the prospect this interview would herald some certain answers I feel sorry for. Did they genuinely believe that EON would sanction a major news release about Bond in an interview that wasn't even being filmed?

They might not know much about commissioning a coherent script but they how to make a press release. When Dan does go EON will be actively involved in how that news is put out there rather than it being done in an interview in a back street pub with an audience of two blokes and a dog.

Well it sounds like you are taking this a bit too seriously. Myself I didn't think much would come out of the interview, but it's always good fun to have events like these where Bond fans can get excited instead of automatically being cynical.

So your frustration tells me you're at least a little annoyed by the lack of news. The least we could do was have a little fun with it.

Please spare us your back of a fag packet psychology.

If I'm frustrated it's only in the fact that EON seem utterly disinterested in making good the mistakes of SP. If making Bond films is such a chore then sell the rights to Disney.

"If making Bond films is such a chore then sell the rights to Disney."

-TheWizardOfIce, 2016
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Whoops Wiz! I didn't TM nuanced. Where shall I send the cheque?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ok since I've been gone we've learned Craig is still interested, MGM is still broke, still nothing on B25, and GG is now in debt to Wizard.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,117

As you've been so honest mate ill let you off.*

But seriously chaps this has to be the last one. I've got the same lawyer as McClory so you're playing with fire.

If you want my agent is selling packages to use the word nuanced™:

$44.99 unlimited use for a month
    $399 unlimited use for a year
    $2999 unlimited use for life

*I'll stick it on Gustavs bill (he's in 6 figures for the month so he won't notice another one).
    Say what you will about Brosnan, at least he knew how to dress properly outside of Bond...

Well to be fair he did have all that practice of being nothing more than a clothes shop mannequin whilst playing Bond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Oopdeydoo... Brosnan bashing comes in, again.
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with what Craig was wearing - casual clothes (that I presume he feels comfortable in) for a casual event. How is that inappropriate or "yikes"? What was he supposed to be wearing?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I still can't believe, given ONE shot to ask DC a question, that this is what Zaritsky came up with, because he already knows all of DC's favorite brands. I am more interested in knowing DC's thoughts on comparisons to Steve McQueen and whether or not the King of Cool is an influence at all. I think Zaritsky missed a golden opportunity.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with what Craig was wearing - casual clothes (that I presume he feels comfortable in) for a casual event. How is that inappropriate or "yikes"? What was he supposed to be wearing?

I agree. except for the footwear, Yikes! ;)

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Agreed. It was fan wank no doubt, but could have been so much more. A missed opportunity in my view as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »

I still can't believe, given ONE shot to ask DC a question, that this is what Zaritsky came up with, because he already knows all of DC's favorite brands. I am more interested in knowing DC's thoughts on comparisons to Steve McQueen and whether or not the King of Cool is an influence at all. I think Zaritsky missed a golden opportunity.
    All those questions had already been asked prior to his.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Say what you want about Dan's fashion sense, It at least looks comfortable.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,416
    Daniel Craig looks very relax and some humor too. In that other video i am also happy he re-confirmd Bond get girl like a lot of times. :D

Overall idea i have the focus will be on Bond again after a break, what is normal.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    The one thing that strikes me from the video of Dan is if they ever remake blade runner well just look at him and think Time to Die .
    TripAces wrote: »

Yeah. Sort of stupid really if he already knew. But even if he hadn't known, what a weird thing to ask if one can ask an actor just one question. About brands? Really?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    The one thing that strikes me from the video of Dan is if they ever remake blade runner well just look at him and think Time to Die .

A sequel is being made.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Murdock wrote: »
    Say what you want about Dan's fashion sense, It at least looks comfortable.

Even when dressed "down," DC is a bad ass.
    Although obviously his hair is modified for another role, Dan looks great. He has the kind of features that don't really change, so he could easily do 2 more Bonds even at 3-4 years in between. There was nothing in this interview that implied he was considering leaving the franchise.
    I'd say as of now in 2016, we're looking at about 6- 8 years before a Bond film with a new actor is actually released. I'll round it to eight in honor of the longer gaps, making Turner about 41, Hidds 43, Idris 52 and so forth. I'd say discussing the next Bond at this point is as pointless.....or speculative as discussing what John Gavin or Finlay Light might have been like in the role.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

But seriously chaps this has to be the last one. I've got the same lawyer as McClory so you're playing with fire.

*I'll stick it on Gustavs bill (he's in 6 figures for the month so he won't notice another one).

Can I have the Platinum $2999 unlimited use for life package please?
  • Whoops Wiz! I didn't TM nuanced. Where shall I send the cheque?

That's quite the nuanced little nothing you're almost buying there, @PropertyOfALady.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That's quite the nuanced little nothing you're almost buying there, @PropertyOfALady.

@Some_Kind_Of_Hero, you forgot to trademark nuanced™ as well! Jesus, if @TheWizardOfIce decides to charge your infraction onto Gustav's account as well, the poor fellow will find himself out of a house and languishing poor as a penny in whatever gutters are left in his native land by this time next week. It's tragic really, and I hope to hell you feel at least an ounce of compassion for the man.
  • Whoops Wiz! I didn't TM nuanced. Where shall I send the cheque?

@Some_Kind_Of_Hero, you forgot to trademark nuanced™ as well! Jesus, if @TheWizardOfIce decides to charge your infraction onto Gustav's account as well, the poor fellow will find himself out of a house and languishing poor as a penny in whatever gutters are left in his native land by this time next week. It's tragic really, and I hope to hell you feel at least an ounce of compassion for the man.

I'm a fairly nuanced fellow, but I'm afraid compassion is one virtue I just don't have.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Just for reference, a year after Skyfall we knew:

- Daniel Craig is contracted for 2 more Bond films.
    - Pre-production for B24 has already begun.
    - John Logan will script Bond 24 & 25 without Purvis and Wade.
    - Daniel Craig tells MI6 that a plot for Bond 24 has already been developed.
    - It is reported that Bond 24 & 25 will share a story arc.
    - Baz Bamigboye reports Bond producers want Mendes back for B24, production to start sometime 2014.

- Dennis Gassner is confirmed to return for Bond 24.
    - Broccoli claims to still be trying to convince Mendes to return for B24.
    - At the BAFTA's, Mendes continues to tell the press he has 'not ruled out' doing B24.
    - Baz Bamigboye reports that Mendes has seen two possible outlines for B24, and is '75%' towards signing on.
    - Ben Whishaw confirms he will be 'working with Craig' again in '10 months', meaning Bond 24 would be shooting by January 2014.

- Naomi Harris is quoted in a podcast as saying she "thinks" B24 will start shooting "next year", but is not specific to early or late 2014.
    - 007.com confirms Sam Mendes will not return for Bond 24.
    - BBC News, while reporting on Mendes' departure, quotes Logan as saying the script is "coming together very well" (the week of March 6th).
    - Mendes' departure points to a 2013 production start, 2014 release date.
    - Guy Ritchie, Ang Lee, and Martin Campbell are noted by media as being the three 'favorites' for Bond 24 after Mendes' departure.

- John Logan is reported as saying that B24 will once again explore Bond's human side.
    - The producers tell the media they have no one in mind to direct Bond 24, and are "getting their breath" after Mendes' departure.
    - An MI6 article reveals that Ben Whishaw hinted that Q may get some fieldwork for B24 in an interview about his 'Peter And Alice' play with John Logan.

- An MGM conference call reveals Bond 24 will be released withing 'the next 3 years'.
    - The call also reveals that a director will be signed and announced 'soon'.
    - The Daily Mail reports Craig will start production on Bond 24 in early 2014, after his run in the play 'Betrayal'.
    - Michael G. Wilson reports multiple directors have turned down B24, but may be misdirection.
    - Ben Whishaw, at the 2013 Television BAFTA Awards, has stated he thought B24 would start as soon as late 2014, but can no longer be sure.
    - Christopher Nolan reported to be 'in talks' with the Bond producers, but unclear if for Bond 24 due to his current involvement on 2014's 'Intersteller'.
    - Following the close of the Cannes Film Festival, rumors fly of Nicolas Winding Refn, Ang Lee, Tom Hooper, and David Yates all being in talks to direct B24.

- Deadline reports Mendes is almost closed in talks to return for B24, in the midst of rumors claiming other directors are in talks.
    - Multiple sources come out and claim it is all but officially confirmed that Mendes will return for B24.
    - A spec script is assumed to be done.
    - The official 007 Twitter page confirms Sam Mendes will return for a Oct. 23/Nov. 6 2015 release date.

- Broccoli and Logan attended an event supporting the Irish Film Industry, and Logan commented he will be spending time in Ireland working on his and Mendes' TV-Series Penny Dreadful (based in Ireland) and the B24 script, in which he may feature the country as a location.
    - B24 is said to shoot at Pinewood "in 2014" according to Deadline.
    - The film reaches one year of confirmed pre-production.
    - The Huffington Post publishes a rumour that Helen Flanagan and/or Kate Upton are up for a role in Bond 24.
  • And so far this year, not so much as a Kate Upton rumor. For shame.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, if both are up for Bond 25... Bond will have some fun on the mission. ;)
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Yeah - I guess we won't hear anything really progressing for another year. I am sure there's a verbal agreement between DC and BB but they both know it will need at least another year until they can really start the preproduction