No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

OK...just an opinion lads and lasses ,i was bleary eyed and half asleep when i saw it,so i will give it another go ,appreciate your opinions though .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This might sound daft ,but i'm getting a vibe of cockiness from Craig..like he thinks he is bigger than EON etc..which might be down to him producing ...he seems over confident,bordering on arrogant,which is not good for the next Bond film.....i actually think it might be time to let him go and start with a fresh enthusiastic actor....

Exhibit A. Perfect timing, that.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This might sound daft ,but i'm getting a vibe of cockiness from Craig..like he thinks he is bigger than EON etc..which might be down to him producing ...he seems over confident,bordering on arrogant,which is not good for the next Bond film.....i actually think it might be time to let him go and start with a fresh enthusiastic actor....

Exhibit A. Perfect timing, that.
    Explain ?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Two more:

Ive just watched even a small part of that,and im wrong,sorry lads and lasses,i should have re-watched it today instead of relying on my zombie-vision during the night...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To lighten the mood here, I want to share my favorite quote of the night (that I've heard so far), where Dan was asked about Paul Greengrass and his derisive comments about Bond as a character:
    Schmidle: "Paul Greengrass has said he wouldn't be interested in a Bond film-"

Craig: "Well we wouldn't ask him! He should be so f@#king lucky!"
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Friggin' Aye! :D
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 2,081
    To lighten the mood here, I want to share my favorite quote of the night (that I've heard so far), where Dan was asked about Paul Greengrass and his derisive comments about Bond as a character:
    Schmidle: "Paul Greengrass has said he wouldn't be interested in a Bond film-"

Craig: "Well we wouldn't ask him! He should be so f@#king lucky!"

Yes, that was a good comment from Craig. :)

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Im not knocking DZ here becasue the man does some good work for us fans but I found that question to be a little embarrassing. DC is a scruff most of the time, including yesterday. I actually admire that about Dan that he really isn't vain but I also admire a well dressed fella and Dan really isn't one.
    I think Dan's got great style, but that's neither here nor there at the moment. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I can just imagine it now. :\">
    pVNHBPgl.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Here's a bit more from Variety:

Sporting a platinum-blond crew cut that somehow gave his head even more right angles than usual, Daniel Craig took the stage at the New Yorker Festival Friday night to discuss his life and career, a conversation in which one question loomed above all others: Was he ever going to play James Bond again? By way of an answer, Craig recalled the time last year he said he would prefer to slash his wrists rather than do another Bond movie. "They say that shit sticks, and that definitely stuck," he said with a laugh. "It was the day after filming [stopped on Spectre]. I'd been away from home for a year." The physical strains of the role combined with the distance from his family take a toll, he said. Craig was careful, though, about not seeming to complain to much: "Boo-hoo. It's a good gig. I enjoy it."

In the short term, Craig's schedule is full of other projects: He's shooting Steven Soderbergh's NASCAR-heist film Logan Lucky (the reason for the hair), preparing to play Iago on Broadway, and will star in and produce Showtime's adaptation of Jonathan Franzen's Purity. He said there have been "no conversations" about the next Bond film: "Everyone's a bit tired." Still, Craig didn't seem like he was ready to hang up the role for good. "As far as I'm concerned, I've got the best job in the world. I'll keep doing it as long as I still get a kick out of it," he said. Then, later: "If I were to stop doing it, I would miss it terribly."
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2016 Posts: 7,889
    "enjoy it", present tense. An inadvertent hint?
    In total, it sounds like he is likely to return.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Craig is in for another. Don t understand how anyone can interpret it any other way?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig is in for another. Don t understand how anyone can interpret it any other way?
    Sadly, the world we live in is rather nonsensical, most of the times.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Man Boobish thing!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Blond and beyond!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Say what you will about Brosnan, at least he knew how to dress properly outside of Bond...

yikes.
    jake24 wrote: »

Nothing is certain until it is certain. But watching back Craig's jovial, positive and nuanced attitude -and with it his answers- during the New Yorker's Festival, I'd guess he'll be back as 007 for a 5th time. But most likely we'll have to wait a bit longer for the movie in which he appears as 007 for the 5th time. If you're old enough, one can be patient. I can ;-).
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    "We wouldn't want him" - in reference to Greengrass. Very telling.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,586
    Just as a side note, when the Spectre Production Timeline thread hit 463 pages, filming was already underway in Austria. We're already here, and filming is at least a year away. It's extremely telling how hungry we are for another Bond.

@jake24, thanks for posting the video! I just finished it and was going to do the same as you.

There's a lot of great exclusive footage here, and I loved to hear Dan talk about how his grandfather being a master tailor motivated him to come to Bond with certain style expectations. And boy does it show.

David did a great job representing fans of Bond and his style, and provided a truly measured response to Dan's remarks about the character and what that could mean for the future of the franchise and his involvement in it.

Nothing is certain until it is certain. But watching back Craig's jovial, positive and nuanced attitude -and with it his answers- during the New Yorker's Festival, I'd guess he'll be back as 007 for a 5th time. But most likely we'll have to wait a bit longer for the movie in which he appears as 007 for the 5th time. If you're old enough, one can be patient. I can ;-).

Dammit, @Gustav_Graves, what have I told you about that word! ;) You should know that @TheWizardOfIce recently had it trademarked, so you've got to pay him 5 quid every time you use it.
  • RC7RC7

@jake24, thanks for posting the video! I just finished it and was going to do the same as you.

There's a lot of great exclusive footage here, and I loved to hear Dan talk about how his grandfather being a master tailor motivated him to come to Bond with certain style expectations. And boy does it show.

David did a great job representing fans of Bond and his style, and provided a truly measured response to Dan's remarks about the character and what that could mean for the future of the franchise and his involvement in it.

Dammit, @Gustav_Graves, what have I told you about that word! ;) You should know that @TheWizardOfIce recently had it trademarked, so you've got to pay him 5 quid every time you use it.

Also, he's now misusing it. The phrase 'a nuanced attitude' is grammatically poor.
    :D
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Nuanced, confetti, gritty... which word will next enter the "Words that are used a lot on this forum" list?
    RC7 wrote: »

Also, he's now misusing it. The phrase 'a nuanced attitude' is grammatically poor.

@RC7, dare I say that was a nuanced™ deconstruction of Gustav's grammar.
    :D

You cheeky...

Agreed. It was interesting to see his take on QoS in hindsight as well.