Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 26th May 2017 - NEW DETAILS

1235»

Comments

• edited October 2016 Posts: 591
    FML - Official Teaser Trailer

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This actually looks pretty good. I really enjoyed the original trilogy. 4th one was OK but well below the first 3. It seems the 5th one is going to be a big improvement on the previous film.
    Badass trailer and a badass poster.

Bardem will steal the show.

Mark my words..critics already wrote their negative reviews. I am 99% sure this movie will be panned by critics. "Depp is the same old character! Too over the top! Too cartoony! It's not interesting anymore! Bad acting" yadda yadda..

Hopefully it will make some money tho. (yes, I hate critics so much that I already know their way of thinking haha)

I like this franchise but I am so-so with the movies. I thought the first one was overrated and I thought the second one was crap. I loved the third one! The fourth one was alright but it played on emotions of "Sparrow is back!" so idk if it still holds up.

I wonder if the 4th one will bring something new to the table.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bardem gets nothing but nutty roles anymore. Such a shame.

Oh, I don't think that's true at all. And I'm very much looking forward to the Aronofsky movie they're filming now - not that I know what his (or anybody else's) role is like, but anyway...

FML - Official Teaser Trailer

Look forward to this as i am a sucker for these movies! :ar!
    I see nothing wrong with playing roles like that
    Tuulia wrote: »

Oh, I don't think that's true at all. And I'm very much looking forward to the Aronofsky movie they're filming now - not that I know what his (or anybody else's) role is like, but anyway...
    Are there ANY details about the movie? When it's supposed to be out? Who stars in it? Any plot details?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Pirates of the Caribbean 6 is confirmed to happen, with the director of the 5th outing (Joachim Rønning) returning for this latest installment.

https://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-6-writers-director-release-date/
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Unless Depp is involved I'm not interested.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm not sure I want another POTC with Depp. Sparrow has been an annoyance since the fourth film for me.
    Guess Depp will make an announcement at some point?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have developed a dislike for Depp though the films seem to hinge on him, the 5th film was an improvement on the 4th, though the 5th film felt too similar to the early films. Admittedly the 4th film was slightly different though it was a borefest.

Not sure there is anywhere to go with the series now, though its a huge cash cow admittedly.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have developed a dislike for Depp though the films seem to hinge on him, the 5th film was an improvement on the 4th, though the 5th film felt too similar to the early films. Admittedly the 4th film was slightly different though it was a borefest.

Not sure there is anywhere to go with the series now, though its a huge cash cow admittedly.

I'm done with them. The last one was the last one for me. Best to leave on a good note.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »

I'm done with them. The last one was the last one for me. Best to leave on a good note.

Despite being indifferent to the films I bought them all, though I think they should stop making them.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I quite like the Pirates films. Old-school adventure flicks. The atmosphere and the swashbuckling and maritime spectacle is more my cup of tea than Marvel or DC superheroes for instance. Though admittedly the 4th one wasn’t very good.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I don't think the last few films have been very good.

The last one I tried to watch twice on Sky earlier in the year and fell asleep both times,so I gave up.

It should be retired now really.
    Disney are in talks with the writers of the two Deadpool films to reboot the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reboot-deadpool-writers-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-johnny-depp-1202488160/
    How about Justin Bieber as young Jack Sparrow, before he became Captain?
    Disney has officially confirmed that Pirates of the Caribbean 6 will be a reboot, with Johnny Depp no longer part of the franchise.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Disney has officially confirmed that Pirates of the Caribbean 6 will be a reboot, with Johnny Depp no longer part of the franchise.

I suppose that’s a good thing. I do hope they can bring back the magic of the first film.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I honestly don't think they should bother with this, at least not for a long time.
    Disney are in talks with the writers of the two Deadpool films to reboot the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reboot-deadpool-writers-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-johnny-depp-1202488160/

Wow? No JD? Big risk reboot or not! Bit soon though I would have thought?