Chairman of The Board

stagstag In the thick of it!
A flight of fancy but imagine you had unlimited wealth (if you don't already of course) & you made a successful attempt to buy the rights to all things Bond - this includes owning all film rights. What changes would you make & how would you approach the task of producing the next Bond film?

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,151
    I'd come straight to all you guys here. The knowledge you have, the love of Bond, some of the scripts I've read here are ripe for a Bond movie. There are some cracking ideas from all on here, I'd make sure I stood up and listened to what's on offer. With e eryone so passionate about 007, it's got to work right?

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I'd be straight to the Dorchester to introduce myself to the world's press as the new James Bond!
    I'd come straight to all you guys here.
    Oh God :)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Two things
    1) A good composer who respects the Bond sound
    2) better script writers
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I'd come straight to all you guys here. The knowledge you have, the love of Bond, some of the scripts I've read here are ripe for a Bond movie. There are some cracking ideas from all on here, I'd make sure I stood up and listened to what's on offer. With e eryone so passionate about 007, it's got to work right?

Given the unlimited wealth aspect you could afford to make a film for true Bond fans with no thought for profits. That said I'm sure it would also prove a hit with the wider viewing audience.

For my part I would oversee a return to the traditional Bond. All the step brother crap would be ejected & M, Moneypenny etc would return to their 'traditional' roles leaving 007 to be dispatched on missions upon Her Majesty's service.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,296
    My head is swirling with ideas on how to pool my endless resources towards the striving continuance of Bond in books and film. :) Ok first off, I would hire Ant Horowitz for the next 3 novels, and then I would install a steam room in MI6 down the hall from M's office. More later as I think of it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Start from scratch, and film the Fleming novels in order and set in the proper time period.