Plans for all six James Bond actors to meet at 50th Anniversary premiere party

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited January 2012 in News Posts: 1,380
According to various UK press reports, the six actors who have played 007 in the big screen franchise are set to meet for the first time at a lavish premiere to celebrate its 50th birthday.

Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig have never been at the same event together before. The last time there was multiple Bonding was at the 40th anniversary Royal Premiere of "Die Another Day" in 2002 when the middle 4 actors appeared alongside each other.

The sextet of Bond actors will reportedly be joined by a bevy of beauties from the five decades of adventures, including the likes of Ursula Andress and Eva Green.

The party will be the climax of what MGM calls “a whole year of birthday celebrations for 007 in the movies”. It will be held after October’s premiere of Skyfall, the 23rd film in the series.

Daniel Craig said: “It’s an astonishing record for any character to endure for five decades in showbiz but I’ll bet this: the franchise is such a phenomenon that in another 50 years time a whole new bunch of actors and their leading ladies will be gathering for another party when Bond becomes a centenarian.”

Comments

You'll get at most five, I doubt Sean will turn up....
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Virage wrote:
    You'll get at most five, I doubt Sean will turn up....

I have to agree. Be nice to see all of them together, but Sean seems to have put his days of Bondage well behind him. Moore relishes his memories and Dalton seems game as well as George Lazenby. However Sean just as soon pretend it never happened. A shame.
    It would be interesting to see some of the women: Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg, Famke Janssen to name a few.
  • Awesome news. I hope it happens. Sean needs to bury the hatchet with EON. But I can care less about how Brosnan feels. He was payed extreamly well to play maybe the most iconic character in cinema and still found something to complain about.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 15
    Connery regardless what he says owes "Bond" for launching his career to International status. O.K so he did not get paid what he wanted, but hey take it on the chin like 007. He went on to have a glorious career. But being a betting man, I don't think he would show and if he does he will be grumpy and bitter.
    The others that wore the crown and carried the torch on, deserve all the adulation the fans can give. We all have our favourite....If the new film is a runaway success, then maybe Craige will take the lead as best Bond.
    Well I only think like before only Roger Moore,George Lazenby & Timothy Dalton will turn up but Sean Connery I don't know but Pierce Brosnan Unlikely after his fight against the producers for his departure. Daniel Craig will there of course, Our current Bond. Well we have to wait & see. It would good to see them all.
    What I`d really like to see is all of them in one room talking about their experiences as Bond, and how they percieved the character. This would be amazing.
    Connery's ill health may be an issue. He rarely seems to travel these days. He may appear via satellite link, but I imagine the others will all be game, especially Sir Rog.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The one that matters to me, Sean, will not be there. We all know it, but we just don't want to admit it. Was Pierce at the gathering in 2004? If so, I see no reason why he wouldn't show. Unless the party was before February 9th, which is when EON sent him packing. Alas, Rog will show, most likely George and Tim, and definitely Dan will. But my favorite can't put his issues aside and show up for just one night. Such a special anniversary, and without Bond, I doubt Sean would be as successful as he has been in his career.
  • Goldeneye wrote:
    Connery regardless what he says owes "Bond" for launching his career to International status. O.K so he did not get paid what he wanted, but hey take it on the chin like 007. He went on to have a glorious career. But being a betting man, I don't think he would show and if he does he will be grumpy and bitter.
    The others that wore the crown and carried the torch on, deserve all the adulation the fans can give. We all have our favourite....If the new film is a runaway success, then maybe Craige will take the lead as best Bond.

I completely agree. If it hadn't been for his tenure as Bond he might have just ended up as a television actor or something. Bond was his breakout role and he owes EON for taking a chance on him. And you'd think with all the money Connery made during the 90s he'd learn to leave it in the past. It was Cubby and Saltzman that he had an issue with not the current producers.
    I would love to see all 6 get together, but I bet we won't see more than 4.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'm sure Pierce and George will be the best of friends ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Time heals all wounds. However, the Bonds I would expet to show are Lazenby, Moore and of course, Craig
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I think lasenby will show up because he's done bond related stuff like this in the past, moore is a great guy and he'll definetly go. Brosnan will probably do it, maybe dalton. But honestly I don't think sean will bother.
    Moore nearly always shows at these kind of things. Out of all the actors he is the only one to really embrace his time as 007 and be willing to talk about his experiences.

Providing his health is good I'm sure he'll show up.

Connery, unlikely
    Lazenby, perhaps
    Dalton, perhaps
    Brosnan, unlikely
    Craig, certain
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,778
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I'm sure Pierce and George will be the best of friends ;)

That's right. Those two had a heated war of words. Brosnan was insulting Lazenby's acting ability, because Brosnan is just so diverse in his roles and has such range :)). I'd to see the two of them acknowledge this. They're by far my 2 least favorite Bond actors.

On the other hand Connery and Moore are the best of friends. I'd love to see the two of them together.
    I heard it was Laz who insulted Brozza first. "If PB walked into a room I doubt anyone would look up"

He may have a point about his weedy build but he forgot Cubby "looked up" in 1981.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 940
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Connery, unlikely
    Lazenby, perhaps
    Dalton, perhaps
    Brosnan, unlikely
    Craig, certain

Sean is the only doubtful one for me. He might put it down to 'health'.

Lazenby will be a definite. He doesn't shy away from being associated with Bond. Still enjoys the attention from it and attends many Bond-related autograph/q&a events. I think his autobiography is out either late this year/early next year too.

If Moore's ticker's still beating, he's a cert.

Dalton even attended the John Barry memorial concert I went to last year and has been to several of the Bond movie premieres in the past. He'll be there.

If others are showing up, I even think Pierce will be there. I think it would reflect badly on him if he didn't attend. This isn't an event for Babs and Michael, its for Bond fans around the world, celebrating Bond's legacy. Many my age genuinely regard him as their favourite. He'll be there.

And obviously Craig...
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,778
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I heard it was Laz who insulted Brozza first. "If PB walked into a room I doubt anyone would look up"

He may have a point about his weedy build but he forgot Cubby "looked up" in 1981.

Is was Brosnan who insulted him first. During the Goldeneye press conference when Brosnan was asked about the responsibilities of the role he said "Nobody wants to be the next Lazenby". He then stated he would've loved to remake OHMSS as with Lazenby in the role it was a missed opportunity. He was simply being a jerk and Lazenby took offense to it and pointed out Brosnan's effeminate nature. Keep in mind Lazenby was a black belt trained by Bruce Lee and legit tough guy.

And yes Cubby did look up and notice someone during the 80s and his name was Timothy Dalton. Cubby was never too crazy about Brosnan, it was Michael Wilson and United Artists that really had to sell him on Cubby not once but twice.

I know I bash Brosnan alot and Im sorry if I sound like a broken record but based on interviews of all 6 actors he easily seems the most arrogant and puts more stock in his abilities than anyone else.
    BAIN123 wrote:

And yes Cubby did look up and notice someone during the 80s and his name was Timothy Dalton. Cubby was never too crazy about Brosnan, it was Michael Wilson and United Artists that really had to sell him on Cubby not once but twice.

I thought he first noticed Dalton in the 60s.
    slyfox wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Connery, unlikely
    Lazenby, perhaps
    Dalton, perhaps
    Brosnan, unlikely
    Craig, certain

Sean is the only doubtful one for me. He might put it down to 'health'.

Lazenby will be a definite. He doesn't shy away from being associated with Bond. Still enjoys the attention from it and attends many Bond-related autograph/q&a events. I think his autobiography is out either late this year/early next year too.

If Moore's ticker's still beating, he's a cert.

Dalton even attended the John Barry memorial concert I went to last year and has been to several of the Bond movie premieres in the past. He'll be there.
    If others are showing up, I even think Pierce will be there. I think it would reflect badly on him if he didn't attend. This isn't an event for Babs and Michael, its for Bond fans around the world, celebrating Bond's legacy. Many my age genuinely regard him as their favourite. He'll be there.

And obviously Craig...

I know he did. I was there too :) :) But he wasn't at the Ian Fleming centenery celebrations in 2008. He did provide a quote in the programme though.
  • It was the 60s but he didn't actively pursue him again until the 80s. After seeing how well he had aged Im sure it only strengthened his resolve. Several people close to Cubby Brocolli stated how much he wanted Dalton in the role for many years.
    i think it would be great for all of them to be there all we can do is hope and pray it would make a great picture of all them standing on the red carpet
  • I'm sure they'll all show except for Sean.
    Not even because it's 'Bond related'-- but rather because he already retired from public appearances. That's that. :(
  • I saw a recent interview with Connery and he had seemed to soften on talking about Bond - I think that as many people do he's become a little more willing to let old grudges go as his mortality becomes more real to him. I think that given how much focus would be on him - let's face it, all the reporters will be focusing their questions on him even more so than Craig - it could be a nice way of burnishing his ego. Being paid a lot would help too ;-) but my fear is that ill health would prevent him from attending. The last couple of times I've seen him he seems to have aged 20 years in the last few and seems a little frail now.

The one I'd bet on *not* showing up would be Brosnan. If it was further along I could see him doing it but with so much focus on the man who followed him (and how much more serious the films are - even "prestigious" in the case of SF) I think he'd feel a little...neglected. I think that it depends on how he feels his career is going - if he feels it's going really well he might attend but if he feels it isn't than the event would make him appear even more as "yesterday's man" whose best days are behind him.

As for Lazenby/Brosnan they appeared together at the 40th, didn't they?
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    As much as we would like to see all six together, I think at the most you're going to get 4. Craig obviously. Moore has been the embassador to the franchise, he'll be there. Dalton definitely would show, he's been above the way his run as bond ended. Lazenby probably, he'll take what EON gives him. Probably not Brosnan as he's still a little sour about how his run ended. Connery is an unlikely.

However, if they all show up at Connery's place, this may be a different story.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I hope it can happen but I'll have to say, I'll believe it when I see it.
  • im a little more optomistic about connery's involvement... health and size of cheque permitting - he did a long bond interview for the south bank show in the UK for the release of Quantum

he also, of course, provided his voice and likeness for the awful FRWL game a few years ago - it's fair to say his grumpiness of the series has softened as he's got older...

all the others are a total given...

i just wonder if brosnan turns out to be party pooper - with the way he was ejected for Craig..
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Moore is a lock for showing..

I also think Lazenby and Dalton will show - and Craig is obvious..

honestly, I could put more stock in Connery showing up before Brosnan - only because of timing.

I think as Connery is now older, his grudges and gripes have softened, and for a prestigious occasion, such as the 50th Anniversary of Bond - it's just a tad more important than a 40 year Anniversary.. so health permitting, I think he'll be there... with EON/MGM and whoever else probably having to agree to give a percentage of cash to his charity..

I think it's too soon for Brozzers... he still seems bitter about the whole situation regarding his dismissal from the role.. so he would be the one I could see less likely to attend - Connery a close second.
  • We all know moore and craig will go. Lasenby will probably also go. From what I've read it looks like dalton will go (which is great, whats the point in getting all the james bonds if you don't get the best one ever), brosnan I think its sort of 50/50. Connery I don't think will show up but it will be great if he does.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Bond would never be what he is today, without specially Brosnan and Sean. Roger, Timothy and Lazemby themselves made a VERY great job, i admit it, but what made bond even more famous, for me, it was Sean and Brosnan. I think that they should stop being rough about their their Bond past and see it was something that revealed them, and made their career. Brosnan's my favourite Bond (Along with craig), although i don't understand yet WHY he can't talk about Bond again!! He's famous just because of the 007's name, If no one of them had a great career before, Bond was the one which made all the actors very, VERY famous, and it's time for them to stop the childish, give that up and show themselves on that anniversary's 50th party.
    If Bond was real, I guess he wouldn't like of what Sean and Pierce were doing.