No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    You don't know how I pray even more now that DC returns and proves all these stupid rumors wrong.
    Jamie Bell and ,whoever, ?...dont take the piss..
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I doubt they are even looking ...probably really in true limbo.

But c'mon if in limbo ..just say we are in limbo blah blah blah

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    All I want is confirmation on whether Craig will be in or out. Not sure if that's asking for too much or not, but at least it'll stop me from wondering.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    All I want is confirmation on whether Craig will be in or out. Not sure if that's asking for too much or not, but at least it'll stop me from wondering.
    Definitely. By no means am I trying to sound selfish, but it's getting frustrating as hell.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Bell is a joke but Hughes is defintely a possiblity, an actor with dramatic chops and my Wife informs me very easy on the eyes.

I remember watching The Game and seeing him as a possible replacement down the line and he'll be getting even more exposure in ITV's big new series Victoria.

Also a fellow Cheshire lad like our Dan.

• edited August 2016 Posts: 15,804
    Oh for ***k's sake. I'd rather have an announcement that the plug has been permanently pulled on B25 and all future Bond films than have Tom Hughes or Jamie Bell play 007.
    I'm waiting for Craig.
    keep-calm-and-love-daniel-craig-23.png

:)
    Yes!!!
    #craigisstillbond
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    It's ok everyone - Craig is Bond until he announces he's not.
    It's ok everyone - Craig is Bond until he announces he's not.

I will jump in the air when Daniel announces in 1,5 years from now that he will return as agent 007 :-). Man, it would be interesting to see how all these gossip media outlets respond to that :-P.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    You don't know how I pray even more now that DC returns and proves all these stupid rumors wrong.

@DonnyDB5, absolutely. I've got a massive "I told you so" waiting in the wings, ready for release.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Calliope wrote: »
    They're not even trying anymore. Just trotting out a laundry list now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The return of the bookies from the bog! Must all be back from summer holiday.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Good grief. Elba has never been a candidate or considered! These "articles" are only recycling speculation and tabloid mythology.
    Geez... Does anyone actually read those useless stupid tabloid articles featuring rumours du jour? Why does anyone care what they write? Life is too short to waste with tabloids.

So, someone thinks of an actor whose name nobody has mentioned yet as the new favourite to play Bond, and voilá, a new click bait story is born! Or alternatively, names that haven't been mentioned enough for several days need to be dug up again, since the more you mention someone, the more proof that is that they're the favourite to play Bond. I wouldn't be surprised if the tabloids use a Bond-rumour-generator programme and just print whatever comes out each day.
    bondjames wrote: »
    They're not even trying anymore. Just trotting out a laundry list now.[/quote]
    @bondjames I figured they were just reading this board and threw in every name that's been mentioned here. Nice to see Evans and Hunnam added to the list this time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Calliope, Evans would be an interesting choice. He has an edge.

I'm not too keen on Hunnam, but I know he has his fans.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Craig I think is tapped for the next Bond, but I think that's it for him.
    Therefore I am very encouraged by the Mirror report, allowing of course that there is any truth to it, that Babs has tabbed Tom Hughes as the next Bond.
    IMO, this guy is perfect. He's only 30. He could even wait out B25 and still be good to go for B26.
    For me the search is over. I'd get an understanding done with him now looking ahead to B26.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I really like the idea of James Norton as Craig's successor.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I seriously think someone should let EoN know that THEY are fixin' to hire someone.

:))
    jake24 wrote: »
    :))

:D ...sorry I edited that last part out.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Bell is a joke but Hughes is defintely a possiblity, an actor with dramatic chops and my Wife informs me very easy on the eyes.

I remember watching The Game and seeing him as a possible replacement down the line and he'll be getting even more exposure in ITV's big new series Victoria.

Yes for sure, this guy passes the sniff test on multiple levels.
    He seems the real Bond deal plus he's got a great attitude towards being considered.

@timmer, you and I have discussed Hughes favorably before. He's certainly got the dramatic chops and he fits into the Hoagy Carmichael school of looks with a longer face, but with a certain cruel set of features I think Carmichael himself lacked and that scream Bond. He'd play a character of some tragedy well I feel.

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2015/04/30/16/5645395-low_res-the-game.jpg

Quite honestly, stuff the films, I say. Get him to do a BBC produced set of miniseries doing period adaptations of the Fleming novels with six episodes or less (depending on length and what they can shoot) at an hour each for every novel right down the line.

One day I hope we get a series like that which will give us Fleming as intended in a smart, faithful way, with EON teamed with a creative partner that allows the writers and people behind the camera to show audiences everything present in Fleming's work without censor, from all the sex and sadism to Bond's bad habits and brushes with brutal bloody death. One can dream...
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    One day I hope we get a series like that which will give us Fleming as intended in a smart, faithful way, with EON teamed with a creative partner that allows the writers and people behind the camera to show audiences everything present in Fleming's work without censor, from all the sex and sadism to Bond's bad habits and brushes with brutal bloody death. One can dream...

To be honest, I would much rather watch that than a new Bond film. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening any time soon.

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    @timmer, you and I have discussed Hughes favorably before. He's certainly got the dramatic chops and he fits into the Hoagy Carmichael school of looks with a longer face, but with a certain cruel set of features I think Carmichael himself lacked and that scream Bond. He'd play a character of some tragedy well I feel.

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2015/04/30/16/5645395-low_res-the-game.jpg

Quite honestly, stuff the films, I say. Get him to do a BBC produced set of miniseries doing period adaptations of the Fleming novels with six episodes or less (depending on length and what they can shoot) at an hour each for every novel right down the line.

This has HBO/Cable series written all over it. Except EON will never loosen the reins. If they did - a 1950s set 007 series in sequential order faithful to the novels starting with CR? Budget would be lower (except for period set and costume design) than a typical feature film. Cast relatives unknowns in the roles (especially the villains, allies and bond girls) - would be great.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 12,837
    Not really sold on Hughes. I think @Pierce2Daniel summed it up perfectly with "skinny indie boy". Yeah he could always bulk up but he's just too feminine and young looking. Reminds me of Nicholas Hoult, I thought the same when he was suggested. Not saying I'd want him either but at least Belle looks somewhat rugged and masculine.

Does the lack of official word mean Craig is still on the fence? I mean I can understand wanting a break and everything but surely they don't need 8 months to sort it. And to be honest, while I'm sure it is exhausting, I don't have much sympathy for actors, as surely the ridiculous amount of money (that nurses, doctors, etc, who have long work days don't have, and those who literally risk their lives such as firefighters or those in the military don't have) is enough to compensate for having to get up early and work late for a bit every few years? And lets not forget he'll have a trailer full of luxuries that he can nip back to and relax in when he's not needed on set. 6 months filming, another couple of months doing interviews, and he pockets 20 million quid (and that's just for filming) as well as getting global exposure to further his career? And then he gets two or three years off to pursue his passion projects or just enjoy his ridiculous amount of money. Sounds like a great gig to me. So with all due respect to the guy I'm not sure why it's taking this long. I don't want to sound spoiled or entitled, I just genuinely don't understand what's going on.

Unless of course he made his decision ages ago and EON are just keeping us in the dark, which wouldn't surprise me tbh, as their public communication is laughable. Look at the whole turning down two films thing, which they just quietly denied to one source. Yeah the gutter press make stuff up and take words out of context but EON, and Craig (with the wrist slashing comments) need to be publicly setting the record straight, we all know what the press are like but refusing to really try and refute what they say, that's on them.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    timmer wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

Yes for sure, this guy passes the sniff test on multiple levels.
    He seems the real Bond deal plus he's got a great attitude towards being considered.

@timmer I think when it comes to recasting like you say someone at Hughes age is key to getting an actor that will do more than a few.

I know I wasn't alone by a long shot but when I saw Dan in Layer Cake without knowing the industry rumours circulating (I wasn't even on the internet back then) I earmarked him for the role and low and behold a matter after weeks of seeing LC on DVD I see an interview with Johnathan Ross with Rhys Ifans talking about Enduring Love which he was in with DC and Ross mentions that Craig is in the frame for Bond, I couldn' believe it I was on the same page as EON.

Whereas I would love Fassbender to get a shot and if they want established, he's the only actor I think credible and suitable, though I think really they need someone lower profile and Hughes fits this to a tee.

Like you say his attitude is just right, he seems someone really with his head screwed on and I recommend a watch of The Game if you haven't yet

Daniel Pemberton's music is also great in this and he would be a great contender for a new era of Bond with Hughes.

I kind of hope my spotting him in The Game and earmarking works the same way as with DC and Layer Cake, those dismissing him have likely not seen him act.

One of Craig's biggest criticisms not that it's ever bothered me is he's not classically handsome, well you can't say that about Hughes.

I know some here want to hang onto DC and I'd love to see him come back and go out on a high but I think it's realistic to say that this will be it for him if he returns for 25.

Hughes is definitely primed to take over with a reset after this, that being said James Norton is another possibility, like TH has shown his dramatic chops more than once and while cutting a slightly different figure could make Bond work.

These 2 are at a level that somone should be when looking for a new Bond.

Outside of the UK and Ireland forget it, this is where Bond should stay and no other nationalities should be considered, if Hollywood wants to cast their icons with Brits or Aussies that is up to them but Bond should always remain within these isles so no mentioning Americans and Australians, we've had it once and as much as OHMSS is my favourite entry not again please.