The Great Bond Car Chase Elimination Game

1141516171820»

Comments

• GBFGBF
    Great. The top5 is also my top5 just in a different order. Still I am a bit surprised about the winner. I think there are probably few here who call it their favourite car chase; however it is certainly the least disliked one and in the the top 5 of most voters. This can help a lot in the end. It is also my No3.
    Excellent winner, and both runner ups are great too! After that it gets a bit dodgy! Still rate QOS as the best, but anyhow, good game!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Great list. Deserved winner, excellent to see the Citroen get some love. Another win for OHMSS. Great game.
    It is amazing how many of these competitions OHMSS wins! =D>
    Missed the last couple of weeks of voting but can't grumble with the majority of the top ten. Reads like a John Glen greatest hits!
  • I grumble a lot when OHMSS wins - which in my opinion is far too often - but this time I agree. I think the OHMSS car chase is great stuff and the best testament to Hunt's skill as an editor and director (elsewhere his work is choppy and distracting). Tense, brutal, exciting, nearly flawless.

FYEO chase is great stuff but a bit plain, LTK is good but goes on too long and there is one too many of those truck stunts. TLD, GE, TSWLM and TND I would move up to make my top five. GF is great stuff as well.

But I still think Bond has yet to have a definitive car chase, so that gives me something to look forward for each movie.
    It did! It was in QOS!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    It did! It was in QOS!
    It may have been the best car chase ever, but it felt like a slide show in fast forward mode. The whole thing was worse than a cool stunt accompanied by a slide whistle, in my opinion.
  • GBFGBF
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    It did! It was in QOS!
    It may have been the best car chase ever, but it felt like a slide show in fast forward mode. The whole thing was worse than a cool stunt accompanied by a slide whistle, in my opinion.

This chase will forever divide the fandom. I also think it is much too fast. Very intense indeed but you can just hardly focus on anything. If you asked someone who saw it the first time he will probably have difficulties in bringing the elements of this chase back to mind. Most other car chases ar much easier to follow and can also be remebered better.
    I've made no secret that when i first saw QOS at the cinema, the fast cutting really threw me, but the multiple viewings you can easily see whats going on, and its a well costructed beautifully shot, but above all thrilling car chase!