Remember '007 Racing'? What a waste of a very nice plot, Bond, elements and timeline...

edited January 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 669
I was re-playing 007 Racing a few days ago and I found myself embarrassed about disliking this game in the past. I just don't know how I didn't see its coolness. There was BOND, there were gadgets, there were CARS and the most important, there was a Bond plot that can be called a Bond plot. And the timeline was the best thing in it, the best period I've ever lived in my life (from 1998 to 2001), and the music sounded like a merged version of NFS: Porsche Unleashed and James Bond Theme. So, I was thinking about it, seeing there's too much potential in the plot, so I tried to revamp it, making it valuable for a Third-Person Shooter video game with driving elements, not all based on racing-genre. Retitled as Steel Spy:

Pre-Credits:
James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) is sent to Geneva to rescue Cherise Litte, the daughter of a British weapons industrialist, who was kidnapped and imprisoned in a fortress. Bond locates the fortress and sneaks in, using his stealth to remain undetected, he finds Cherise, locked behind the cells, and sets her free. But, not everything goes to plan when a guard spots them and breaks the spy's cover. Bond fights his way out, accompanied with Cherise, they race away in 007's Aston Martin DB5. But, they're still chased by soldiers and border troops who intend stop them from crossing the borders. Equipped with many weaponized gadgets, Bond uses his car's terrific specifications to incapacitate all of the opponents, and eventually, escapes the borders along with Cherise.

Main Title Sequence: Concept similar to Thunderball, Song is similar to "Spy Hard".

Main Plot:
M (Judi Dench) is suspicious about Cherise Litte, thinking that she's keeping a secret. So, she sends Agent 0013, Donald York (Glenn Foster) to investigate her. Days later, MI6 lost the contact with York and the latest sign came from Litte Corporations in Los Angeles. 0013 was officially missing and is feared dead.

Once again, Bond has been assigned to fly to Los Angeles, teaming up with his veteran ally, Jack Wade (Joe Don Baker) to track down Litte. However, they take ways apart and Bond heads to Litte Corporations, sneaks into the office, using his stealth as well, he finds that Litte has got a secret facility somewhere uptown. Bond calls Wade to send a few field agents to assault the facility if 007 gives the green light, confirming that it's a terrorist warehouse. He goes there, and sees that Litte is developing a gas releasing weapon that would poison up a continent. He incapacitates a scientist and wears his white jacket, pretending to be another scientist, he checks everything out and also finds that Litte is also making a radioactive laser nuclear bomb, that would cause the big bang. In progress, Bond is caught by an old enemy, Necros, and is knocked down unconscious.

Bond awakes in a freezing room, lay on the floor, he was terrified to see 0013's body hanging upside down. Agent York was dead. Suddenly, Edmund Litte comes in along with few thugs and two old enemies: Georgi Koskov, a Russian traitor, and his henchman, Necros. Both were still alive and in bed with Litte Corporations for business. Litte explains about his madness, telling that USA and UK are dominating the world and everyone is blind to see that, and he prefers to see Russia taking over international politics domination. He tells 007 that he's not going to kill him the same way he killed 0013. It will be softer, like a fatal game, because he previously saved his daughter's life. If Bond uses his wits right, he may stay alive, and if not, he would die as well. Afterwards, the guard knocks Bond unconscious again.

This time, Bond awakes in a green Dodge car, his hands are free, but suddenly, he receives a phone-call, placed in the car. Litte speaks through the phone saying that Bond must drive hard, breaking traffic laws, he has five minutes to survive and prevent the car from exploding in the middle of the Los Angeles city. And also, if he stops the car, it will explode automatically. So, Bond must drive full throttle. However, he drives the car, heading for the highway to buy him time. In the meantime, he sees the harbour, and unfortunately, he is chased by the police for breaking the speed limit. But, finally, he finds the availability to send the car into the water, diving off the vehicle, which explodes under the water. He saves the city from a huge catastrophe, but is about to be arrested by the police when Wade arrives and releases him.

Afterwards, Wade calls up for a CIA assault team to invade the facility. Bond teams up with them and launch for an attack. They engage a massive gunfight with the mercenaries inside and after that, the place collapses down, some of the opponents die, some of them surrender and some of them escape. But, they arrive too late when they see the executive office is already empty. Litte and his companions have disappeared. Abruptly, a transporting truck rams a wall, dragged off from a hidden chamber and drives away, carrying atomic bombs in it that would release a deadly virus. Presumably, Litte was going to test his weapon and check out its effectiveness. Bond runs heading to his car, he chases the truck. The truck's speed didn't matter, but the traffic was a huge pain in the backwards that 007 found too hard to handle with. Wade comes to aid him through a helicopter surveillance about where the truck is heading and the possibilities about its directing destination. Thanks to Q for equipping the car with useful and bombastic gadgets, that really helped 007 to succeed his mission. Bond drove nearby the truck with the same speed as possible as he can, avoiding the traffic disturbance, he used lasers to destroy the tires of that huge truck and just in time, he stopped it, got out of his car and prevented the driver from triggering the bomb.

After interrogating the driver of the truck, Bond tracks down Litte to Mexico. Arriving there with his BMW Z3, he heads to a mountain beneath a jungle, where a secret military base is located and is believed to be run by Edmund Litte. Bond, parking his car outside, infiltrates the military base, pretending to be a biologist, just in case he was discovered. He locates the weapon that was developed by Litte, he discovers that it's inside a big submarine. He finds that old friend of his, Valentin Zukovsky (Robbie Coltrane), is involved again in this case, but not sure if that was like the recent happened situation that led him forcibly to aid Renard (the main villain in the previous adventure) or if Zukovsky is a secret partner with Koskov and Litte. Zukovsky appears to be recovered from his flesh wound after got shot thrice by Electra King (the villainess in the previous adventure) a year ago. However, Bond is finally discovered by someone who can't be fooled. Namely, Georgi Koskov, with whom Bond had a conflict nearly fifteen years ago. It appears to be Koskov who's running up this military base. He quickly orders his troops to apprehend Bond and kill him slowly, claiming him to be a spy. Just about to be arrested, Bond gets his lighter out and releases a smoke, just like a smoke grenade or stronger, it keeps the troops busy for a while. 007 attacks Koskov, beats him up, and takes him as a hostage with him in order to escape this military base. Suddenly, Koskov reveals that if he won't report to Litte about his safety every five minutes, or he'll launch an air strike onto this area. Bond ironically said "Well, that doesn't give us a lot of time, does it?" and hit Koskov with his Walther P99 and fights his way out, carrying the hostage with him to his BMW Z3. Eventually, Bond drives away, and just in time, the the military base blows up.

five miles and twenty minutes later, Bond's car has been attacked, by lots of military forces, led by Necros, Koskov's henchman. Necros offers 007 a negotiation. He held Zukovsky and the other has Koskov. Change hands. But, Bond does realize that Necros is going to shoot him dead, so he gets prepared... Just in time, they change hands, Necros pulls a Desert Eagle with all of his guards aiming Bond with their M4 Carbines, he smiles at Koskov and says "Foolish, isn't it? I was expecting cleverness from you, Koskov. Just like it happened with Whitaker in '87, huh?" and he rolls the frame on his watch which causes both Necros and Koskov to blow up, among some of the soldiers, Bond previously has put a detonating device in Koskov's pocket before the negotiation. Instantly, both Zukovsky and Bond get into the BMW Z3 and escape, but they're chased afterwards by the late Koskov's assassin for hire, a blond sexy lady with a leather jumpsuit, named Celina Upton. She was chasing them with a Ferrari and additional black jeeps were chasing them. Abruptly, Litte prepares to launch another air strike, so, the jeeps will work out to incapacitate Bond while Celina will try to leave the place as soon as possible. However, Bond gives a chase, using rockets to destroy the jeeps and the mercenaries, he finally reaches to Celina's Ferrari and they try to crash each other, but it ends up with Bond getting in front of the Ferrari, drops oil slicks to slip the latter's car which causes them both to fall into the valley. Celina crashes into the ground from a hell of a drop while Bond opens up a Union Jack parachute, landing the BMW Z3 peacefully on the ground in the desert.

Bond offers Zukovsky a protection in exchange for giving him information. Zukovsky tells everything about Litte's plans, informing him of the Geneva mission that Cherise Litte was arrested for smuggling rockets and many kinds of weapons, trying to board the Eastern European skylines. Zukovsky mentions that he has been a partner with Koskov's companion, missing information about Litte's evil mastermind plans, to throw the universe into a world-wide catastrophe. Soon thereafter, when he became useless for them, Litte decided to terminate Zukovsky. But, thanks to Mr. Bond for getting to him first. He also tells 007 that Litte is heading to Louisiana, where he owns a warehouse. Bond decides to travel there.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Remember 007 Racing? I have a very difficult time forgetting it.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    worst Bond game to date IMO... i want more to a Bond game than just driving - because then it's no better than Need For Speed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I don't think it is as bad as it's reputation would have you believe. And I would welcome a PS3 remake. However, I think that the 2001 remake of SpyHunter did the vehicular Bond game thing much better than 007 Racing.

what do you think of my work? converting a full racing game to TPS with driving elements and customizing the plot to make it more like a movie, y'know.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Your idea was good, but ultimately, the taint of "Based on 007 Racing" will destroy it. As @MajorDSmythe said, SpyHunter was better.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    007 Racing was one of the best Bond games i've played. I liked the way you made a story out of it, but don't waste your time saying it sucks. It was a great game honoring all the Bond Cars that he used at the movies, and i find it great.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I remember playing it as a kid and I thought it was alright. I think they should remake it and have it be more like a "Twisted Metal" type of game.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    An HD download re-release would be welcome, for the PSN and XBOX Live.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    007 Racing was one of the best Bond games i've played. I liked the way you made a story out of it, but don't waste your time saying it sucks. It was a great game honoring all the Bond Cars that he used at the movies, and i find it great.

It did a great job honoring the cars, but Bond's a whole lot more than fancy cars (actually, cars didn't come to true prominence until the Brosnan era).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

It did a great job honoring the cars, but Bond's a whole lot more than fancy cars (actually, cars didn't come to true prominence until the Brosnan era).

Brosnan's era was the one which has the most cars. GE, the Z3 and DB5. TND, the 750i AND the DB5. TWINE, the Z8. and DAD, the Vanquish.

Yeah, I know. Suddenly, after Bond's been a multi-method spy for thirty years, the cars become important (except in GoldenEye). DAD just showed how ridiculous it got, with Bond and Zao's cars having pretty much the same gadgets (completely matching and countering one another).
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited January 2012 Posts: 348
    HASEROT wrote:
    worst Bond game to date IMO... i want more to a Bond game than just driving - because then it's no better than Need For Speed.

Er, since when did Need For Speed had stinger missiles, limpet mines, oil sticks, bullet proof rear shields and so on?

007 RACING is an incredibly fun game, despite being rough around the edges. Awesome music, endlessly playable gameplay, and great multiplayer.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,635
    DAD just showed how ridiculous it got, with Bond and Zao's cars having pretty much the same gadgets (completely matching and countering one another).

lol, that's one thing i didn't get right. How can they have the same gadgets, as for me, only Bond can have'em on his car? it's just strange, feels like they were playing Vigilante 8, lol.
    I never said 007 Racing was a bad game. It's still an awesome game and the critics don't know shit.They judge everything all wrong. 007 Racing tops all of activision's games.
    007 Racing's problem is that it takes place ENTIRELY in the vehicle. Bond has never spent an entire film in a vehicle, nor any of the novels.
    007 Racing's problem is that it takes place ENTIRELY in the vehicle. Bond has never spent an entire film in a vehicle, nor any of the novels.

Yeah, that's the thing. If you want a Bond video game with more vehicle elements, or better, stronger vehicle elements for that matter, then Blood Stone is the go-to choice. The best thing about it is, you actually enjoy the vehicle levelse because they are one-of-a-kind and special because you've had to wait to get there.
    I want to see that game in TPS mode with driving elements featured in the game. But, BS? huh, it's not a good Bond game, but still, best one Acitivsion delivered.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    I thought 007 Racing was a good Bond game, but was not the best. I know your in a vehicle the enitre time. That's the one problem I have with 007 Racing. Plus,the first mision was really fun, but the other missions were decent.
  • I never played it but the idea of a game only involving the cars doesn't sound bad.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    An HD download re-release would be welcome, for the PSN and XBOX Live.

Lets get Goldeneye, Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing on xbox live before we get this.
    The best missions were the first and the 5th imo.