MI6 celebrates 14 years of service today

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited January 2012 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 1,380
Today marks the fourteenth birthday of MI6. The world's most visited James Bond website was originally formed on 10th January 1998.

The site has grown to become the ultimate resource for 007 fans on the internet, with over 3,000 thousand articles and almost 10,000 news stories published. Its sister print publication, MI6 Confidential, has already clocked up 12 issues in a little over 4 years.

From the movies to the books, games to comics, collecting and music, MI6 has covered all aspects of the Bond franchise with countless exclusive features and interviews.

The entire team behind MI6 would like to thank all visitors for 'Keeping The British End Up'.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Happy Birthday MI6! This is a brilliant site and I am so glad I joined as a member. The news is plentiful, the discussion fun and engaging, and the mods and members very welcoming and refreshing. =D> <:-P =D>
    CAK_SCA6AMERBTY_6in3LayerChocBday_GEN_10_kosher_D_OU_2_SQ
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I knew today was the day and am glad this has found the time to be mentioned. It's been quite a day. But the thanks of course goes to you James and the rest of the behind the scenes team for 'Keeping The Bond End Up' for all us fans as well as yourself I'd like to assume.

Happy Birthday and thanks for everything over the years! Seven years since I first found you and still having a ball, now that can't be bad, can it?... :-)
    Happy birthday MI6 comunity.This site definitely grow over the years(altough i found out about it 1 year ago).
  • Happy birthday. Though I a new blood and I glad this site is around to rant about my fandom.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Happy Birthday, glad to be a loyal reader since 99.

xxx
  • Only 4 years, and You will be at legal age :-). But hey, I was thinking that 14 years is from 1996, OMG this time passes too fast. Hope MI6 page would be there - at least for the rest of Internet live :-).
    Happy birthday! Been a reader for the last few years only recently got onto the forum. Keep up the good work!
  • Helluva site. Congrats and thank you sincerely!
    Happy Birthday
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Happy Birthday! Didn't know this site was that old ;) Glad I'm part of this great community.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A happy B-day.
    This website is very dear to me. I owe it a lot.

Congrats and a warm well-done! to the people behind the bits and bytes.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited January 2012 Posts: 784
    Congrats! seems ; like yesterday when I stumbled upon this site sitting in high school many many years ago....how time fly's I guess. 8->
    congratulations
  • Happy Birthday! Looking forward to the next 14 years.
    Here's a little present...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/liveandeatpie/mi6_14.jpg
    Well this is the best. I'm glad. ;)
    A big, hearty congratulations and Many Happy Returns! 1998 is the year when I first went online, as in on the actual internet. I have been visiting this website since 2002 when I first discovered it but I didn't join up until the beginning of 2005. Isn't that fascinating! ;)
    Nobody does it better!
    Many happy returns of the day!
    Keep the British End up!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Congratulations, MI6! My homepage since 2005.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Happy birthday MI6. This has been an awesome acheivement by JP and team to grow this site over 14 years and we still see it expanding and improving all the time.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Many happy returns to Mi6. Congrats to James and the team for 14 years of hard work and commitment.
    It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be involved with such a site, which has seen me through good times and bad, as a community there really is nobody doing it better.
    Happy Birthday! Looking forward to the next 14 years.
    Here's a little present...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/liveandeatpie/mi6_14.jpg

Love that image, @LiveAndEatPie! Thank you.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy Birthday MI6. 14 eh? And I will have been a member for 7 of those years this July. I'm expecting this place to break out in acne, and lock itself in it's own room and listen to loud music. ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Happy birthday MI6!
    Happy Birthday MI6. 14 eh? And I will have been a member for 7 of those years this July. I'm expecting this place to break out in acne, and lock itself in it's own room and listen to loud music. ;)

Here - here. March 7th, it'll be my 007th B-day on the forums too - as will it be my 30th B-day as a mortal man. ;-) I'll bring the ladies, you bring the drinks, Georgie. ;-)

A belated happy Birthday and congratulations to you !!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,347
    DarthDimi wrote:

Here - here. March 7th, it'll be my 007th B-day on the forums too - as will it be my 30th B-day as a mortal man. ;-) I'll bring the ladies, you bring the drinks, Georgie. ;-)
    Here here. March <i>5th</i> will be my 007th B-day on the forums ;)

Happy birthday MI6!
    champagne-1.jpg
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Happy birthday Mi6

I remember first coming to this site, for news about The World Is Not Enough when I was in 9th grade... I always frequented this site since then for my Bond news - and it wasn't until last year or so that i decided to become a member (it was a very long time coming)... i love this site, and it's members, and I truly believe this to be the best James Bond site on the internet... because at the end of the day, sure it's a fantastic website - but it's the people behind it that keep it going out of their devotion to all things 007 that we owe the biggest thanks and celebration to..

so let me raise my internet champagne glass, and toast - To MI6!... for 14 amazing years - and many more sure to come... salute!
    Happy Birthday MI6!!! Well i have not been on here that long but i am definately here for good thanks to the quality of company, stories, articles, debates, and laughter!

Here is to another 14 years!
  • Happy Birthday MI6.
    Was a big Bond fan before even before the films.Remember well, 10 mates and myself along with our girlfriends seeing Dr. No in 1962.We were blown away.Back then nothing like it at been seen in cinema.
    Must be enormous amount of time and dedication needed to keep the site up to date.
    Well done keep it up.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

Wrong member, Dimi. :-q