Q & Miss Moneypenny have returned

edited June 2015 in Skyfall Posts: 820
Judi Dench & Daniel Craig said it would great that Bond trush gadget friend & guiness Q & loving Bond girl relationship Miss Moneypenny to come back. After the release of Quantum of Solace. They said talks of revival of those 2 characters. Well to start with Miss Moneypenny I only can think of Joy Brook from the Bill to Play Miss Moneypenny & Former Dr Who David Tennart to play Q. I hope you can think few people to play them in Bond 23. Only 1 think say to Eon, Come on Eon Bring back Q & Miss Moneypenny

Comments

David Tennant to play Q ? That's one i havent heard before.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    Moneypenny, yes. Q? I don't know. Unless they bring back John Cleese I don't know if I'd want Q back, since it's Desmond's role and he was there for 17 films.

Cleese made the transition with Desmond so he's the only one I'd be comfortable with in the role.
    i think Q should be some old guy.tennant isnt old enough,it need to be old cause that is how he will look smart :).and yes i agree they need to return,especially Q.i think they wont appear in Bond 23 if it is part of Quantum storyline
    They need to come back, I agree. They have made smart casting decisions thus far, I see no reason why they won't continue this tread.
    I so want David Tennant as Q. That would be incredible.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    This is Q for me... modern, good-looking, nerdy. Someone old enough to have a few degrees but young enough to really want to try to make a difference and invent and use new equipment:

He's not English but he won't need to say much anyway.
  • Who the flippin heck is that kitty?

David Tennant would be terrible idea, also.

I say let Major Boothroyd have a small appearance. Not fussed about Penny unless its brief and necessary to the plot.

Lets not shoehorn either in for the sake of sentimentality.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    I'd be happy if they brought back Miss Moneypenny and Major Boothroyd a.k.a. Q. If only they would bring back Admiral Sir Miles Messervy(the real M) and Ian Fleming's(not Babs Broccoli's) James Bond as well. ;-)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 638
    Quoting PrinceKamalKhan: and Ian Fleming's(not Babs Broccoli's) James Bond as well. ;)
    well really, except for a few exceptions, we have not seen Ian Fleming's Bond on screen since 1963.

As far as Q and Moneypenny, I really don't care if they brought them back or not. The only reason Q and MP were so popular were because of Desmond Llewlyn and Lois Maxwell. Cleese, Bliss nor Bond were ever able to recreate the magic that Llewelyn and Maxwell had in the roles.
    @retrokitty

Except... he's an American. No thanks, I don't want an American Q.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i would rather have a complete unknown cast for both Moneypenny and Q.. any sort of name would distract from the role, and would seem out of place - not to mention, it would seem to overshadow your principal actor (Craig) in their scenes.. i felt this way about John Cleese.... to me, I could not see Q (or was it R), i just saw John Cleese....

i know it's cliche' for people to say that about name actors in various roles in films... but the role of Q and Moneypenny does not require a big name to step in... I would actually prefer the new Q to be one of the guys we've already seen in the previous 2 films... namely the ones during the poising scene in CR and the scene in QOS where they go over the tagged money that they found in Le Chiffre's account..
    I think Romola Garai would make a great new Miss Moneypenny. A great blend of innocent, cute, intelligent-looking and sexy all in one:

I like that girl above a lot.

The dude in my pic is Matthew Gray Gubler. If Vesper can pretend to be English, so can he. [-(
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    accents aren't hard to fake - but they are hard to maintain on a consistent basis, that's why they have coaches.... Femke Jensen had a russian coach (before, and) on the set of Goldeneye..

as long as an american actor / actress can pull it off, convincingly - i have no problem at all..
    @Bond A good suggestion for Moneypenny.

@retrokitty Matthew Gray Gubler has a pretty nasaly voice. I would be really curious to see if he could pull it off. I like him in most things, so I wouldn't mind him giving it a shot.
    Quoting retrokitty: The dude in my pic is Matthew Gray Gubler. If Vesper can pretend to be English, so can he
    Yeah, I've seen him in Criminal Minds. If he can pull off an English accent then I'd be fine with him taking on the Quartermaster. Has he ever done any accent work before?

(I'm an American by the way... so it's nothing against Americans when I say that Q can't be American... or at least, can't have an American accent) ;-)
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I haven't really missed Moneypenny or Q, after all they hardly appear in the original books and in the films their characters had run out of steam back in the days of Connery.
    I'd like to see Q and Moneypenny return too but, as others have already said, as long as it makes sense for them to do so and they aren't just forced in. I've been thinking about Nigel Havers for Q and I'm not entirely sure why. He just popped in there. Does anyone else think he'd work?

http://static.whatsontv.co.uk/images/1121_114738_NigelHavers.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It would really be a tragedy if Q and Moneypenny wouldn't feature in the 50th anniversary outing.
    Nigel Havers would be good as Q IMO H007MER .He would be good in scenes with Craig.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I agree with the idea of a young, nerdy Q who irritates Bond with his enthusiasm. Make him brilliant but clumsy and awkward.
    Moneypenny can remain the eternal girl next door.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Is Peter Capaldi well-known outside of the UK? He'd be a great choice.

Ahhh... ! At first I thought that was a photo of Hugh Laurie.
  • Must admit most of the ideas put forward so far are pretty horrendous.

peter Capaldi as Q :O
    Quoting Mr_Sterling: peter Capaldi as Q
    Sometimes I thank heavens that we're not casting directors on here...
    I really like Romola Garai as Moneypenny. How about Stephen Fry as Q?
    Stephen fry, maybe. I was thinking john nettles, who is finishing Midsomer Murders this year. I always thought he would make a good Q.

• edited March 2011 Posts: 303
    blockquote>Quoting 007: How about Stephen Fry as Q?

Yeh, he'd be pretty good, but he's already done an extremely similar role in Stormbreaker, so i don't think it'd be a good idea, cos i'd keep referring back to his Stormbreaker role :$

I don't think that they should bring moneypenny back, well not the way as she used to be, it'd spoil Craig's toughness i think, i just can't see him walking into moneypenny's room and flirting :/
    Well Mr. Male assistant left in QoS. M has no assistant....