Your Bond watches

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    A lot of feelings can be attached to a Watch I still have my Rolex that was my late dads my mother gave it to me when he passed away in 1971 don't wear it so much these days I have my own Omega Seamaster and yes it's a Bond Model .
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Good man @mrcoggins I knew you were a man of exceptional taste :-bd
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Takes one to know one @Chriscoop.
    :)) too true
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Chriscoop, yes, I'm referring to the legendary Christopher Walken scene. It was meant tongue in cheek in the film (in traditional Tarantino style), but the impact of that scene lives on with me.

I know what you mean about the 'ticking' of an automatic. Same thing with me and my dad. I used to be fascinated by the sound and since then I knew I was going to get an automatic watch one day. My first one was the Bond model (like Brosnan's) but I made sure I got an automatic, even though his in GE was a quartz.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I'm not a fan of Omega besides their vintages, Speedmasters, and seamasters but I think Bond should wear a dressier watch to his events.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,756
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Chriscoop, it looks like both you and I began our love affair with Omegas due previous generations in our family. In my case it was my father who had a few when I was growing up and I was taken with the brand. Then when Bond started wearing them in the 90's I became hooked. When reading your story above I fondly recalled a certain scene in Pulp Fiction.

I could tell that your old SM300 had been refurbished because the dial looked too clean, but I didn't notice the triangle until you mentioned it. The QoS PO LE should hold its value nicely as well. There was a ceramic 2500 Liquid Metal LE (only 1948 pieces made) which is highly sought after, as both the dial and the bezel are ceramic. I believe Daniel Craig personally has one because he's been photgraphed with it in the past. I've been trying to get a hold of that for ages but it's hard to come by.

tj0rSV3.jpg?1

I sold this actually. It's very similar to the Spectre one, just a bit "newer" and with extended pushers, gold plated. I like it but it's not really something i'd wear. It's 36mm but it wears small (hard to tell in this pic but trust me) and I have 6.5 inch wrists. This is coming from a guy who liked 34mm rolexes.
    That's a beautiful watch! its a strange thing how different size watches wear on this wrist.
    That's a beauty @dominicgreene. It's a very clean dial for a chronograph, and rare, since most associate the Speedmaster with Omega chrono's.

I agree @Chriscoop. Certain watches wear much larger and some smaller. My AT is a 38.5 and it wears like a 40mm due to having essentially no bezel. My Hour Vision wears smaller despite being 41mm due to the pronounced lug taper (it pretty much hugs the wrist due to the downward lug slope).

9_18.jpg
    Is your hour vision with the 8500 movement? The more I look at those the more I like them, I have a de ville chronometer, similar to the St Moritz model but without the gold hands. It was rather abused when I bought it, deployment buckle was just hanging on to the leather. One pusher missing, scratched and chipped crystal, it looked like it had been worn continually for ten years and never taken off. I now have that watch on a vintage matte black lizard strap a la SP third watch.
    Yes, I have the silver one with the 8500 movement. The Hour Vision was the first watch with the 8500 movement and it can be seen from the sides and through the caseback (hence the name). It's a lovely piece. Quite dressy and striking when worn with a suit. I'm including a stock photo below (including two on Clooney's wrist - he wears one in the film Up In The Air)

Craig advertises the limited edition blue one which is a beauty too and for which a portion of the purchase cost goes to charity (if I'm not mistaken):

GeorgeClooneyOmegaWatch.jpg__760x0_q80_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg
    Omega-Deville-George-Clooney-Up-in-the-Air-3.jpg
    img1316692346pjz.jpg
    Omega-DeVille-Hour-Vision-Daniel-Craig.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2016 Posts: 11,139
    I havnt posted in here since I had my skyfall AT. At the moment I'm really considering selling my SM300mc for one of the new PO master chronometers.

20160109_150948-1-1.jpg

20150501_094140.jpg
    20160121_192502-1-1.jpg
    I'm not overly familier with the model, but it looks very nice, the de ville stepped lugs suit this model. I think the 8500 is a wonderful looking movement, truly a thing of beauty. Its very advanced and I've not really heard of any issues with it yet. Be interesting to see how they're still going in 50 years time.
    @bondjames Gorgeous watch you have there as well. Very classy. Really love the devilles, new and old.

@doubleoego I have those dents gloves too, they are very classy.
    Makes one feel like an assassin especially when worn with a peacoat.
    Thanks @dominicgreene.

@doubleoego, those are beautiful shots of your watch. I'd seriously reconsider selling that one. The ceramic bezel is stunning.
    Just
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I havnt posted in here since I had my skyfall AT. At the moment I'm really considering selling my SM300mc for one of the new PO master chronometers.

Is that the new one with the orange colour details? Very sporty looking.
    I'm still really taken with the sm300 master coax it's amazing how different it looks from a nato to its bracelet.......why hasn't my SM300 mc got a red bit on the inside of the clasp? I'm a bit jealous now. @doubleoego
    There are a few models of the master chronometer such as the orange, blue, yellow etc...but I'm considering the more traditional looking PO version, which has all the aesthetic benefits of the SM300mc and more...

21530442101001.png
    I do like po's, and I like that new bezel design it's more modern looking, what size would you go for? I'm assuming omega are doing 42mm and 45mm are they? Po's also carry a nato well, I've a po 2500 on a connery nato, looks the part and is such a rugged watch too.
    @Chriscoop I used to have my PO 2500 on a nato as well. It goes perfectly with that watch, and wears nice and light with it too, unlike the metal bracelet which I always found too heavy. I also put it on a rubber strap from time to time (with the curved lug ends) and it looked good with that too, but I preferred the nato.
    The 45mm is just too large. When I bought my AT, I originally got the 42mm and then exchanged it after 3 weeks for the 38.5mm because it just looked better but for a PO and the SM300mc, well any divers watch for tgat matter, a 42mm is ideal for my wrist.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Chriscoop I used to have my PO 2500 on a nato as well. It goes perfectly with that watch, and wears nice and light with it too, unlike the metal bracelet which I always found too heavy. I also put it on a rubber strap from time to time (with the curved lug ends) and it looked good with that too, but I preferred the nato.

I know what you mean about the bracelet,though I tend to wear the qos le with more smart casual outfits, the 2500 on the nato is just pure comfort. I've been deliberating over what watches to wear/take on holiday in a couple of weeks, and the po on nato is just a no brainer in the water most days or in shorts etc it just goes, and is also inconspicuous if I venture off the beaten track at all. but for evening I'm stuck what to take? Qos le or standard SM300 mc on the bracelet? Or an aqua terra???
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I need to get my hands on these ASAP.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 281
    jake24 wrote: »
    What are you after @jake24?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    There are simply too many to choose from, though my favorite would be the Seamaster 300. Such a beautiful, timeless piece.
    You have good taste :-bd
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Some exceptional watches here gentlemen. I own a vintage 1970s Omega. Silver face & black leather strap. It looks very plain among all the examples pictured here but I like to wear it.
    Ive seen your watch @stag it's a lovely example, thus is surely the thread for gentlemen of understated good taste.
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    There are simply too many to choose from, though my favorite would be the Seamaster 300. Such a beautiful, timeless piece.

Seamaster is no doubt beautiful but once you explore the watch world, you'll see there are a lot of better watches imo.

If you want a nice solid dive watch at a good price, get the Seiko Skx007. Beautiful piece, has a nice weight. Honestly I prefered it over the seamaster in person.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Certainly the cheapest Bond watch, but I love it;

File_000%201_zps4e3khukl.jpeg