Your Bond watches

Comments

"Smashing image Q" ;-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks, @WillyGalore! I never realized until recently how nice the watch is to look at from different angles. The film certainly doesn't do it any justice.
    You know what they say, it's all on the wrist!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Heh... I've always tried to keep them at arm's length myself.
  • Just re-watched and noticed for the first time that during the final scene -Bond and Swann in the DB5- There are close-up shots of Bonds hand as he starts the engine and puts it into test. He is wearing a completely different watch. It's neither the Aqua Terra, nor the 300m. It appears to have a white face, with a separate second hand at the 3 o'clock position, and it's on a leather strap. Perhaps this is old news to you well informed types, but it's knew to me. Can't find mention of of it anywhere else. So, anyone know what the third watch is?
    Just re-watched

You did that on purpose! ;)
  • Possibly. [img][/img]
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    It's a vintage Omega chrono with a 321 movement with the flat pushers on a matte lizard strap in black.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Damn, I had hoped it might have been a Timex ! :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    It's a vintage Omega chrono with a 321 movement with the flat pushers on a matte lizard strap in black.

:-bd

13736829_644654635710787_423474423_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMwNTA3NDI3MDYxNDkyNDMyNw%3D%3D.2
    edited August 2016 Posts: 281
    That's the puppy, hard to find though I've only ever found that model in yellow gold.

A couple of my collection.
    [img][/img]20160806_113816.jpg
    Is that Seamaster 300 on the right? But not the one from Spectre, am I correct?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That does indeed look like the SP one, but without the Nato strap. The one on the left is the limited edition SP AT 8500 Master Coaxial.

Nice couple of watches there @Chriscoop
    The one from SP has a different second hand.

SE_Seamaster300_Spectre_vueC_1600x900.jpg
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    You are correct. My mistake. The one above with the Nato strap is the limited edition. Note that it doesn't have the '12' and the Omega logo and writing is moved up a tad as well. The bezel markings are also different.
    Yes, it's the standard SM300, I have the limited edition spectre version also which comes on the nato strap with a stainless steel bracelet as well.
    bondjames wrote: »
    You are correct. My mistake. The one above with the Nato strap is the limited edition. Note that it doesn't have the '12' and the Omega logo and writing is moved up a tad as well. The bezel markings are also different.

I didn't even notice the missing '12'. X_X
    There's quite a few differences, the spectre version also has a bi directional bezel, so not much use as a serious diving watch, though I have worn it for diving a few times. The Omega logo is much bigger and as you've said the 12 is missing from the dial, and the bezel has a 0 instead of the pearl. Also the nato on the spectre version has brushed buckle and keepers. Infact my le SM300 is on my avatar :)
  • Chriscoop wrote: »

Thank-you. Much appreciated.

You're more than welcome, good luck if you're hunting one down, I'd love to see some pics if you nail one.

Here's my two sm 300 master coax's side by side
    [img][/img]
    20160812_182947.jpg

I've a collection of ten all in all 9 of them omegas... I just love them.
    That's a nice pair @Chriscoop. Which of the two Omega styles do you prefer? The SM300 or the AT? What are the other watches?

I have an AT Skyfall, an Hour Vision and a Submariner (from the competitor brand) and personally have trouble deciding which I like best (it really depends on my mood).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,728
    I own no Bond watches (sadly) though my current watch is gold in colour if not in substance.
    I like them all @bondjames, my favourite has to be my vintage SM300, it has a lot of history, the ATs I wear more for dressing up, though I do wear the le one quite a bit, like you it depends on mood as well as what I'm doing and wearing. I'll take a photo of the collection and put it up. How do you like your submariner? Ive had a couple over the years just recently sold a blue one with a worn rotor. I have to say I like your AT the blue is stunning, I have a at annual calender with black tux face, I wear that for formal engagements :)
    The full collection @bondjames
    [img][/img]20160812_190135.jpg
    @Chriscoop, hold onto that vintage SM300. They are sure to be worth a pretty penny one day. I used to have a Railmaster and regret selling it now as they are going up in value as well, although the lack of date used to bug me.

The Sub is nice. The best part about it is the light weight (I have the 16610 previous gen which has the hollow links) and the tapered bracelet which gives a nice look and fit to the wrist. The iconic design also gives a sense of pride. The worst part is the lack of anti-reflective coating which results in lot of glare off the dial, but also gives it a neat shiny reflection.

The blue on the AT SF is very unique for sure, and gives off a different colour depending on the light. It's a keeper, if only due to the connection with the film.

The annual calendar you have is a beauty.

EDIT: Great photo of the entire collection there! The vintage SM is a standout. I used to have a Planet Ocean 2500 as well, but sold it to fund the Sub.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 281
    Thanks @bondjames, my favourite po is the 2500 my favourite the qos le top right in the photo, I also have the SF le po ( I'm wearing that currently) I also like my other po 2500 on the Connery strap it's my go anywhere watch. I'm fond of the annual calender it's quite rare I think as it reads in English and French. Now the old SM300 was my grandfather's and had been flooded, so was a wreck it originally didn't have a big triangle dial and the tritium was shot on it as was the bezel insert. I rebuilt that watch with nos parts, Ive kept all the old parts in a sealed bag with a moisture arrester just in case I decide to have them professionaly refurbished. I would never sell it, he was in the raf in ww2 and won that watch in a golf match from an old friend of his, he wore it on a perforated leather strap which was awful, looks better on the Omega Croc strap I think. I admired the photos @doubleoego Sf aqua terra, the le ones face changes colour in different lights too, makes me constantly check the time.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I own no Bond watches (sadly) though my current watch is gold in colour if not in substance.

If tells the time and your happy alls good @Dragonpol.
    @Chriscoop, it looks like both you and I began our love affair with Omegas due previous generations in our family. In my case it was my father who had a few when I was growing up and I was taken with the brand. Then when Bond started wearing them in the 90's I became hooked. When reading your story above I fondly recalled a certain scene in Pulp Fiction.

I could tell that your old SM300 had been refurbished because the dial looked too clean, but I didn't notice the triangle until you mentioned it. The QoS PO LE should hold its value nicely as well. There was a ceramic 2500 Liquid Metal LE (only 1948 pieces made) which is highly sought after, as both the dial and the bezel are ceramic. I believe Daniel Craig personally has one because he's been photgraphed with it in the past. I've been trying to get a hold of that for ages but it's hard to come by.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

If tells the time and your happy alls good @Dragonpol.

Well that's true. I'm not a flashy person. :)
    There's a few films with sentimental watch stories, are you referring to the Christopher walken scene in pulp fiction? I recall Robert de Niro wearing an old broken watch in midnight run though I forget the story! I know the po you mean its a great looking watch, good luck finding one of those 2000 watches over the whole planet is a serious mission. Unfortunately with my SM300 I've probably ruined the value by making a Mongrel watch but I wanted to be able to wear it as it was intended, I'm not one for simply storing watches to look at now and again. It's funny as it's the sound that watch makes that means the most to me, I was only 6 when my grandfather died in 1980, as a small boy I would lie with him as he watched golf on tv and listened to cricket with an ear piece to the radio, all I could hear was the ticking of that watch, if I keep it on during the night I listen to the same ticking it's very relaxing. The other strange thing is pink Floyd were number one with the wall when he died, I ended up loving pink Floyd, I saw them live at earls court and on that trip I bought my first omega a blue smp.