No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Mendes stay calm and go read my fanfiction. :)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    IGUANNA wrote: »

I do enjoy it very much so. :)
    I keep checking this thread to see if anyone has posted any new BOND 25 info...........(crickets in background).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@IGUANNA, if you put Turner into a Bond fan-fiction, I'm assured I'll never be able to look at you the same way again.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    My preference for Bond candidates (keeping in mind, I want Dan for one more) ~

Fassbender
    Turner

eh.... that's it. I like Hardy, but I don't see him as Bond. I cannot stand Hiddleston; he is a major turnoff for me, for whatever reason. Idris would have been a great Bond, if younger; but he isn't, so that needs to just all go away. Any others mentioned seem so .... meh.
    Hello Brady why is that? Lol Don't please worry I stick to the Bond of record Daniel Craig, for now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hello Brady why is that? Lol Don't please worry I stick to the Bond of record Daniel Craig, for now.

I would only assume that judging from Turner's past acting jobs, your fiction would have to portray him as shirtless more than half the time he's in the role to retain consistency, and that's just not the secret agent way.

Glad you haven't. :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Fassbender
    Turner

eh.... that's it. I like Hardy, but I don't see him as Bond. I cannot stand Hiddleston; he is a major turnoff for me, for whatever reason. Idris would have been a great Bond, if younger; but he isn't, so that needs to just all go away. Any others mentioned seem so .... meh.

These would be my first picks, too. I wouldn't discard Hiddleston, though.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hiddleston is my #1 out of all the proposed suggestions, but as time goes on I think it's less likely to be him (unless he's already been hired).

Given the uninspired remaining choices, I'm more open to someone completely under the radar. A relative unknown with the potential to breakout like Sean.

I just strongly would prefer that he be more physically in keeping with what I expect from film James Bond (dark hair, 6ft 1 or thereabouts, reasonably well built, have a strong & distinctive voice, and must look relatively rugged but also suave).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    I just strongly would prefer that he be more physically in keeping with what I expect from film James Bond (dark hair, 6ft 1 or thereabouts, reasonably well built, have a strong & distinctive voice, and must look relatively rugged but also suave).
    Sean Connery. ;)
    I say let Roger have another crack. He's still got some juice left to 'im!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Hiddleston is my #1 out of all the proposed suggestions, but as time goes on I think it's less likely to be him (unless he's already been hired).

Given the uninspired remaining choices, I'm more open to someone completely under the radar. A relative unknown with the potential to breakout like Sean.

6ft is enough.

(That's my height, I like to think I'm Bond-like. B-) )

That's what Mendes hinted at and that's what I hope we get.

The one thing I do expect Babs to get right is the next Bond casting.

Of course she does also need to get a great writing team next time round too but I suspect that the casting of the new Bond is the first priority to then determine what direction they go in.

I wouldn't necessarily be displeased with Hiddleston but at the moment it seems too obvious, although that never stopped Moore and Brosnan being appointed.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Perhaps he evolved. This time, out of the gene pool.

That's a great joke, Brady. How hurtful. Anyway, the mods have given everyone the right to insult me free of charge. Its the collective decision of the forum that I'm not worth respond to. Feel free to take out whatever stress you have being having out on me. I'm the biggest trainwreck you've ever seen, just ask @Benny.

No your not. Too many ...me included sometimes go too far. Sorry

Not you, I was asking for you when @Benny attacked me, I was asking where you were. Remember. ~O)
    Don't exaggerate. He didn’t attack you.

You haven't seen the PM's. I thought mods were supposed to be impartial.

The PM's. I sent you one PM with a warning for your comments. And to tell you that we've had complaints about your behaviour. Stop being so over dramatic. Posting across the forum like some school kid who's been told off by a teacher.
    It's very childish @Mendes4Lyfe
    These "honest trailers" crack me up:

This one made me laugh out loud:

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Risico007 wrote: »
    True but the issue is you need to think about timid g and that is the issue lets go with Hardy who is 38 right now even if we get a bond film every other year at 44 he could do at most 3 maybe 4 before he will be too old

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

I am not saying that would not be impossible also before everyone pushes the Hardy is too well known is he really? The man usually picks independent films or villain roles... Apart from four films he really is just doing independent films.

I don't like the idea of Hardy but getting his last bond flick at 50 is not an impediment.
    Brosnan started at 40 and ended at 49 while Craig he started at 38 and of its true Spectre was the last one he would have finished at 50.

Actually I still want them to keep going with 40 something actors but the next one just more conventionally good looking.
    The more I think about the more I like Michael Fassbender. He is the most universally appealing
    I bet he has supporters from all the fans of the previous Bond actors.

• Bounine wrote: »
    These "honest trailers" crack me up:

This one made me laugh out loud:

Hahaha! Just watched that first one. My favorite part was "...and action sequences that make you feel like you're playing GoldenEye N64 on Agent difficulty."
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 15,785
    Szonana wrote: »
    True but the issue is you need to think about timid g and that is the issue lets go with Hardy who is 38 right now even if we get a bond film every other year at 44 he could do at most 3 maybe 4 before he will be too old

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

I am not saying that would not be impossible also before everyone pushes the Hardy is too well known is he really? The man usually picks independent films or villain roles... Apart from four films he really is just doing independent films.

I don't like the idea of Hardy but getting his last bond flick at 50 is not an impediment.
    Brosnan started at 40 and ended at 49 while Craig he started at 38 and of its true Spectre was the last one he would have finished at 50.

Actually I still want them to keep going with 40 something actors but the next one just more conventionally good looking.
    The more I think about the more I like Michael Fassbender. He is the most universally appealing

I certainly agree with this. I actually do feel once the next Bond is cast Eon will at least attempt to keep the films at somewhat regular intervals so a 40ish actor would be fine. Fassbender is cool....I could probably now be okay with Hardy as well. I personally want the next actor's last film to be when he is over 50 like Roger circa FYEO. Just to give his Bond some longevity.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

I certainly agree with this. I actually do feel once the next Bond is cast Eon will at least attempt to keep the films at somewhat regular intervals so a 40ish actor would be fine. Fassbender is cool....I could probably now be okay with hardy as well. I personally want the next actor last film to be when he is over 50 like Roger circa FYEO. Give Bond some experience.
    Better make that two.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 15,785
    Tried editing a typo and ended up double posting. Still I lean towards the late 30s early 40s actors- then for him to continue into his 50s. By the time say, Fassbender reaches 52 he'll probably still look great. Dan doesn't look THAT different now than he did in CR.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

Brosnan started at 40 and ended at 49 while Craig he started at 38 and if its true Spectre was the last one he would have finished at 50.

I certainly agree with this. I actually do feel once the next Bond is cast Eon will at least attempt to keep the films at somewhat regular intervals so a 40ish actor would be fine. Fassbender is cool....I could probably now be okay with hardy as well. I personally want the next actor last film to be when he is over 50 like Roger circa FYEO. Give Bond some experience.
    Better make that two.

Yes 40 years old or late 30s it's perfect otherwise they look too immature or green to play Bond.
    Everyone whi is favor of a younger Bond mentions Sean Connery as an example but it was another decade.

Right now actors in their early 30s still look vey young, actually some 40 year old actors can pass as 30 something examples Chris Hemsworth and alexander Skarsgard.
    So it's important to go for a late 30s the youngest.

Even Pierce looked a little too young in Goldeneye he barely passed as a 40 year old actors. In Tomorrow never dies he finally got fully into his Bond look so nooooo please no young Bond.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,756

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

Brosnan started at 40 and ended at 49 while Craig he started at 38 and if its true Spectre was the last one he would have finished at 50.

Better make that two.

Yes 40 years old or late 30s it's perfect otherwise they look too immature or green to play Bond.
    Everyone whi is favor of a younger Bond mentions Sean Connery as an example but it was another decade.

Right now actors in their early 30s still look vey young, actually some 40 year old actors can pass as 30 something examples Chris Hemsworth and alexander Skarsgard.

Even Pierce looked a little too young in Goldeneye he barely passed as a 40 year old actors. In Tomorrow never dies he finally got fully into his Bond look so nooooo please no young Bond.

I agree with this. I don't see why we need a super young actor anymore. It's just a lot of old fashioned thinking. Bond should look weathered, and most 30 something year olds these days don't look weathered enough.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

Better make that two.

I agree with this. I don't see why we need a super young actor anymore. It's just a lot of old fashioned thinking. Bond should look weathered, and most 30 something year olds these days don't look weathered enough.
    Very true.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

Better make that two.

Thank you! Bond shouldn't look like some schoolboy trying to steal the heart of some teenage Justin Bieber fan-girl. Bond should look distinguished and rugged. And the mid-age people these days aren't as "helpless" as the mid-age people of what was thirty years ago. They are at their prime more than ever. The actor, at least, should have some wrinkles on his face, cold eyes, distinctive voice and very masculine presence, whom his adversaries on anyone in the same room as him would instantly have to respect him. People in their 30s/late-30s don't have that, nowadays.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Bond 26 at 44
    Bond 27 at 46
    Bond 28 at 48
    Bond 29 at 50

Better make that two.

Thank you! Bond shouldn't look like some schoolboy trying to steal the heart of some teenage Justin Bieber fan-girl. Bond should look distinguished and rugged. And the mid-age people these days aren't as "helpless" as the mid-age people of what was thirty years ago. They are at their prime more than ever. The actor, at least, should have some wrinkles on his face, cold eyes, distinctive voice and very masculine presence, whom his adversaries on anyone in the same room as him would instantly have to respect him. People in their 30s/late-30s don't have that, nowadays.

I agreed. I prefer a seasoned experienced Bond.
    Connery had a lived in look at 31 due no doubt to his having worked odd jobs at an early age, Navy, supporting his family as a teen, and growing up in the Great Depression. He had the real life experience 007 needs to be believable.
    Most actors today don't get a lived in look until they are into their forties. These 30 year old candidates look like they could still be living at home with their folks and pretty much never getting laid. I want to believe instantly that when 007 enters a casino, oozing confidence that he can bed any woman there and fight and kill the henchman in the same evening. I don't want a James Bond that looks like he'd be more comfortable in his basement playing Guitar Hero.
    Connery had a lived in look at 31 due no doubt to his having worked odd jobs at an early age, Navy, supporting his family as a teen, and growing up in the Great Depression. He had the real life experience 007 needs to be believable.
    Most actors today don't get a lived in look until they are into their forties. These 30 year old candidates look like they could still be living at home with their folks and pretty much never getting laid. I want to believe instantly that when 007 enters a casino, oozing confidence that he can bed any woman there and fight and kill the henchman in the same evening. I don't want a James Bond that looks like he'd be more comfortable in his basement playing Guitar Hero.
    Well put!
    Aidan Turner is once again favourite to be next James Bond ahead of James Norton and Tom Hiddleston
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1546703/aidan-turner-is-once-again-favourite-to-be-next-james-bond-ahead-of-james-norton-and-tom-hiddleston/
    james-bond-aidan-turner-way-ahead-of-twelve-007-candidates.jpg

Is Turner high-profile enough to be Bond? He dosen't quite have the same clout or the plaudits as Hiddleston or Elba.
    Eon isn't making any announcements, why do they keep rolling the cycle that's not getting anywhere?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "...following the announcement he would be stepping down." You mean the announcement that hasn't happened?

Rumor, speculation, guesswork, that's all it is. Guess they have a 'Bond rumor' quota to meet.