'I'll Never Get Those Two Hours Back!' - Films you regret buying a ticket for.

Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
Although I generally see films I want/like, on occasion I've paid to see films that when they've finished I'd rather not have sat through them.

A couple of the top of my head:-

The Time Traveller's Wife

Man of Steel

Both of these I took my then partner as a treat for her.
Any others?

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited August 2016 Posts: 5,080
    Every big budget film I saw last year. Literally.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Alexander

Not just a terrible film but arse numbingly long and seemed even longer with it's snails pace!

Braveheart

Really regret sitting through this tripe!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Man of Steel

Agreed. Abysmal.
    Alexander
    I didn't have the misfortune of seeing it in the theatre, but sadly was subjected to this P.O.S. on blu ray extended cut. I have never felt so uncomfortable.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Would that be including Spectre then?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The most recent one I can think of was 'Batman v Superman,' and I paid for my friend's ticket. $14 and two and a half hours I'll never, ever get back, unfortunately.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,728
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The most recent one I can think of was 'Batman v Superman,' and I paid for my friend's ticket. $14 and two and a half hours I'll never, ever get back, unfortunately.

The whole concept just sounds (to me at least) corny and rather crap in nature.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Dragonpol wrote: »

No, because I wouldn't miss a Bond film in cinema for the world. Although I found Spectre to be a disappointment (a huge one, in fact), it was still a great feeling sat in the IMax cinema watching the first public viewing of the film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    The Core (2003). The first film I payed for my own ticket.
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)

I don't know if it counts, because it's the only instance I can remember of walking out of the theatre (after about 20 minutes). Matthew McConaughey & Renee Zellweger star. Absolutely horrid.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @bondjames, that movie must be seen solely for McConaughey's batshit insane performance.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

No, because I wouldn't miss a Bond film in cinema for the world. Although I found Spectre to be a disappointment (a huge one, in fact), it was still a great feeling sat in the IMax cinema watching the first public viewing of the film.

Oh, well glad to hear it. :)
    And continuing in the Oliver Stone slag off

Heaven and Earth 1990

Yet another crap, arse numbingly long film! The last in his 'Nam trilogy' and about as subtle as a punch in the gob.

Should have learned my lesson then!
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Creasy47, that was what made me so uncomfortable. He was insane and acted it so well that my mate and I just couldn't sit and watch it. It's been many years and it was one of my earliest movie going experiences, so I will try to take it in again and see how it goes.
    Alexander
    I didn't have the misfortune of seeing it in the theatre, but sadly was subjected to this P.O.S. on blu ray extended cut. I have never felt so uncomfortable.[/quote]

Extended cut??!!!

Surely just for sadomasochists..!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Oh boy, I just remembered I've seen Star Wars: Attack of the Clones on the big screen on opening day. Even as an 11 year old kid I knew that love story between Padme and Anakin was corny as hell and that Hayden Christenssen was a piece of wood.

I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me'

Yikes! Even my pre-teenager self cringed on my seat!
    bondjames wrote: »
    Alexander
    I didn't have the misfortune of seeing it in the theatre, but sadly was subjected to this P.O.S. on blu ray extended cut. I have never felt so uncomfortable.
    Extended cut??!!!

Surely just for sadomasochists..!
    I sure felt that way after enduring it!
    I wish he could have realized that his performance would haunt members of the audience for years to come.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The Boy.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I wish he could have realized that his performance would haunt members of the audience for years to come.

13267959_10100918616078191_701503104151227281_n.jpg?oh=6bae0f67bc8eb9ee5cb02b6dce608526&oe=582E5705
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tickets I bought, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Tickets I didn't buy, Man of Steel.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Man of Steel

Yep. Totally allowed myself to be conned by the trailer and Christopher Nolan's name being on the poster. Utter dreck. Thankfully I saw it in Lithuania so only paid about £5. If I'd paid London prices I'd have been steaming.

Didn't make the same mistake with BvS. Watched that on a download. You're only getting my money once Snyder. Ironically because my expectations were so shockingly low I quite enjoyed BvS except for the final half hour.

Indy 4 was atrocious also. Started averagely and then just absolutely dropped off a cliff. Probably the most disappointing experience I've ever had in a cinema.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Probably the most disappointing experience I've ever had in a cinema.

It certainly was for me. That's when my inner movie cynic was born.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Catching Fire Part 2.
    Now You See Me 2(And this was in one of those luxury theaters with alcohol, dinner and comfy seats)

Spectre..for a much much different reason. The way I saw it opening night was horrible. I was on vacation with my wife opening weekend and we just chose the nearest theater to us. It was a horrible experience because the seats were uncomfortable, the man next to me reeked of alcohol which I had the pleasure of smelling for almost three hours including previews. I just wish I had done it differently such as in a much better luxurious theater or in Imax.

Quantum of Solace, same category as Spectre. Saw it opening night with friends and they ran late and ended up in the very front row. Mix that with shaky cam and you're gonna have a bad time.
    The Dark Knight Rises, Avengers movies, Captain America 2 and 3.
    Titanic
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

Well it certainly wasn't before I watched that film.
    Titanic
    A truly agonizing experience which I'm still trying to forget, all these years later.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I was cheering when the Iceberg finally hit ! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was cheering when the Iceberg finally hit ! :D
    The iceberg might have ended their journey, but their love will go on forever!
    :((
    =))
    I was laughing at the end of Titanic I looked around the audience as I thought surely I should not be laughing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    To me, Titanic isn't an abomination. I just think it's overrated.