Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    No, just Pong and Tetris.

Then you've survived PTSD; Pong and Tetris Stress Disorder.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t know what the pill industry calls it, but yeah.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Remember that video games are harmful to your emotional health.

That's funny. Video games are what helped me to develop emotional health.
    Red Dead Redemption now available on Xbox One backward compatibility, unfortunately had a different profile on 360, though such a great game happy to start at the beginning.

Edited: The remaster great.
    Wait.... it's a remaster?? Is it coming to PS4 soon??

@Master_Dahark, it's not a remaster at all, really. The Xbox One has simply taken the game over to its console to be playable to those who missed it last gen or who want to replay it. No major visual improvements or anything, but I'm sure the improved frame rate and overall operational smoothness contribute to a better running game on the newer hardware.

No news at all of a similar thing coming to the PS4, as the only options Sony could pursue would be releasing it to paying PS Now subscribers or with a full on remaster from the bottom up. I would love the latter beyond words (it's the only remaster I truly want these days) but I just don't see it happening, unfortunately.
    With all the talk of Red Dead Redemption on the net recently, I dusted off the ol' PS3 and started a new game from scratch. Damn, what a gorgeous game! Hard to believe it's 6 years old already!

red-dead-redemption-451737.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, crossing over to Mexico in that game was one of the most cinematic gaming moments I've ever had.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Will there be a big wall there now, in the Trump version ? ;)

Yuge. Can't be crossed, so you're forced to retreat and never finish the main/side missions.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yuge. Can't be crossed, so you're forced to retreat and never finish the main/side missions.

That's not true. You can bring a ladder. And if you need to climb down, you bring rope.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Reyes and Trump may not be too far off from each other. Both men who started out trying to make it seem like they wanted to change things for real for the common people, then turned into greedy tyrants when they got power.
    I'm never touching Sonic 06 again. That was dreadful.
    Still working on Alien: Isolation. Man this is a long, tough, and great game.
    Waiting anxiously for the release of No Man's Sky (and hoping that legal issues don't derail it).
    @BMW_with_missiles, was pretty happy to get the Platinum Trophy for 'Alien: Isolation.' You want tough, beat it on the toughest difficulty without killing anyone, or dying. What a nightmare.
    @BMW_with_missiles, was pretty happy to get the Platinum Trophy for 'Alien: Isolation.' You want tough, beat it on the toughest difficulty without killing anyone, or dying. What a nightmare.

That does sound like a nightmare! I don't think I have the patience or skill for that.
    It's a lot more patience/waiting than skill. The Xenomorph moves randomly and unexpectedly, so it's all about finding that sweet spot where you can get from Point A to Point B as fast as possible. I hardly used stealth toward the end, I'd just run and spam the flamethrower/molotov cocktails every time it got close to me.

Good on your for completing that one, @Creasy47. That seems like a super frustrating trophy quest.

I'm currently running through Uncharted 4 on Crushing, trying to get all the remaining treasures and collectibles I've missed as I go, before I do the 6 hours or less speed run on the road to that platinum.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, got that Platinum, as well! Was surprised to find the speed run much easier to do than Crushing, the latter having kicked my ass.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, got that Platinum, as well! Was surprised to find the speed run much easier to do than Crushing, the latter having kicked my ass.

NaughtyDog really help you out with those bonuses/gameplay tweaks, too. Using unlimited ammo in Crushing really helps in those infuriating moments when three bullets kill you. At the very least it's a weight off the shoulders not having to risk your head going out to get more ammo every minute or so.
    I goofed off with so many of those options, particularly the visual options. Very fun!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A buddy and I were recently playing through Metal Gear Acid on the PSP. Most hate it, I love it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Waiting anxiously for the release of No Man's Sky (and hoping that legal issues don't derail it).

To be fair though, it does have some of the best music in the series.

To be fair though, it does have some of the best music in the series.

True. That was the one good part.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    GTA3 this was a game changer and still one if the best games ever.
    It really was! I was fresh out of High School working at Best Buy when that came out; there were so many angry parents coming in, and every once in a while some Corporate guys in suits would come in and force us to take them off the shelves (lol a bit extreme).

And the game is SO TAME if you play it today :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Indeed it was! Although, many would rank San Andreas the highest among the 3D Universe entries, to me Vice City was it.
    Played No Man's Sky today. Impressive, but I also feel a bit lost. Of course, I named my first planet Planety McPlanet-Face.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Played No Man's Sky today. Impressive, but I also feel a bit lost. Of course, I named my first planet Planety McPlanet-Face.

I've been playing a similar game Starbound! :)
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,000
    I continued with No Man's Sky for 6 days, and I can't put up with this miserable game anymore. While the size is impressive, that's all it has going for it. I've never been so dreadfully bored with a game. Out of curiosity, I looked up the game's ending on Youtube, and it's the most uninspired ending I could have thought of. Upon reaching the center of the galaxy...
    ...the game restarts. You start in a new galaxy the same way you did the first time; damaged ship and unconscious.
    Seriously! Not to mention that it takes an absurd amount of time to reach the center (about 40-100 hrs).

Trying to defend the game, the dev compared it to Minecraft, and said that it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. He said that he hoped people wouldn't shoot strait for the center, but instead spend time exploring. There are two issues with that defense;

First, it's nothing like Minecraft. In Minecraft, you get to create, build, and make things your own. You don't get to do that in NMS. You can't build settlements or bases. You don't even get to name you ship or change it's appearance in any way. You can add weapon and warp upgrades, or buy other ships off of aliens, but that's it.

Second, there is no reason to want to explore. After a short amount of time, you realize how similar all the planets look. It basically goes like, "Hey! This looks like that other planet, just with red oceans instead of green." or "Hey! That looks just like the plant I saw on that other planet, except it's purple now". It gets old quick.

To top it all off, the huge size, while a technical feat, means that you most likely will never see another player, another player's discoveries, or have anyone see yours (including any clever names you've given to star-systems or planets). It is literally the worst game I've ever played. I found Sonic 06 more enjoyable for the few hours I could put up with it. Oh, and today, it crashed three times, and I'm on the supposedly more stable PS4 version.
    @BMW_with_missiles, You should try out Starbound. The premise is similar although there is much more to do.
    @Murdock I might give that a shot. I'm not generally into side-scrollers other than Mario, but that definitely looks more engaging than NMS.
    @Murdock I might give that a shot. I'm not generally into side-scrollers other than Mario, but that definitely looks more engaging than NMS.

@BMW_with_missiles, Oh it certainly is. And it provides for a great challenge. It's steam only, as far as I know, but it's pretty good. It's also very mod friendly as I think there are quite are quite a few mods that make the game even more enjoyable and add to the play value.
    Fifa 17 demo is out now, can't wait to give it a play.