The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Benny wrote:
    Thank you, sir.

Which SPECTRE number do a male employee and a female employee of Ernst Stavro Blofeld's(SPECTRE number one) share in 2 separate 1960s Bond films?

Is it Rosa Klebb aka #3, and the Spectre villian in YOLT played by Burt Kwouk, who also plays Spectre #3?

Or it could be the un-named Spectre #11 from TB, who shares a number with Spectre #11 in YOLT. Helga Brandt?

That's the one I was thinking of. I initially thought Brandt should #9 since he was disposed of via electric chair in TB but perhaps TB's #11 eventually got the same treatment. Over to you, Benny.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks PKK.

What links YOLT,TSWLM,TLD and DAD?
    Hercules Planes?
    Cough.
    No, it's actually very simple. But then I know the answer.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Some time of airplane or something in the sky?
    Nope. It's much more simple than you guys are looking for.
  • Check in at a hotel?
    I'm looking for one thing (not in the movie itself) that links these movies. If I give any other clues, I might as well tell you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Benny wrote:
    I'm looking for one thing (not in the movie itself) that links these movies. If I give any other clues, I might as well tell you.

I though this was Bond movie trivia, not trivia outside the films...
    No it is Bondian in trivia, it's just people are looking for something in the film, when the answer I'm looking for is not in the films. It has something that links the films.
    You'll kick yourselves when you see what it is.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 401
    Does it have something to do with the henchmen in the films? I know you said it's not in the movie itself, but I am really stumped.
    Okay if no-one has it by the end of the day, then I'll post another question.
    Maybe someone will get this one before then...but at the moment I'm not counting on it. ;)
    Okay as this is going nowhere I'll give the answer and post another question.

Q. What links YOLT,TSWLM,TLD and DAD?

A. The number 5. As they are the fifth, tenth, fifteenth and twentieth films in the franchise.

Okay the new question is.
    Famke Janssen and Alan Cumming starred in "GoldenEye" together as Xenia Onatopp and Boris Grishenko, respectively. Years later they were reunited. What superhero movie did they star in together?

• X-Men 2, I believe.
    Well done TC, it's over to you.
    And btw, it's good to see you again my friend. :-bd
  • Glad to be back, benny! B-)

I'll make the question an open question because I still don't quite have the time to stick around, though. :|
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Okay, if I can take the floor,

What connects The Beatles to the James Bond films?
    They were mentioned in Goldfinger.
    danook wrote:
    They were mentioned in Goldfinger.

Not the factor I was thinking of.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Beatles member McCartney made the LALD theme song ?
    Beatles member McCartney made the LALD theme song ?

Correct, but not what I am thinking of.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    They, like Bond, made the '60's what it was and started a craze. Beatlemania and Bondmania.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    They, like Bond, made the '60's what it was and started a craze. Beatlemania and Bondmania.

All great answers, but not what I am looking for. You guys are getting warmer. Sweat out all possibilities.
  • What connects The Beatles to the James Bond films?
    Ringo Starr, drummer with the Beatles, was (and still is) married to Barbara Bach, who played Major Anya Amasova (aka Agent XXX) in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Ringo Starr, drummer with the Beatles, was (and still is) married to Barbara Bach, who played Major Anya Amasova (aka Agent XXX) in The Spy Who Loved Me.

I didn't know that, but still not what I'm looking for. It is striking at just how deeply The Beatles and Bond are connected.
  • What connects The Beatles to the James Bond films?

I didn't know that, but still not what I'm looking for. It is striking at just how deeply The Beatles and Bond are connected.

OK! How about this? The Beatles' second film, Help!, is as near as dammit a parody of the Bond series, replete with gadgetry, exotic locations, attractive women, and the omnipresent threat of physical harm to 'our' heroes. It has been said (by others - not me!) that the soundtrack recording of Help! opens with a Bondesque reverb guitar theme, then breaks out into one of the all time great Lennon tunes. In addition, Help! was filmed in a Caribbean location, a favourite of Ian Fleming, James Bond and the Bond film-makers. Am I getting warmer, 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7? If not, I may just mix myself a 'Vesper' and retire ... :)

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    The Beatles first single was released in 1962, same year as the first Bond movie, Dr.No. And within a month too!
    Sorry @Purplecipher and @MrBond, but statements are not what I am looking for. Kudos for doing some heavy digging though. Focusing more on the films won't stear you in the wrong direction. ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Both of them were cultural phenomenom during the 60's?