Everything or Nothing Vs. Blood Stone

Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
edited January 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 7,854
I've been going though most of these Vs. threads on the movies and decided to put one up for the two best third-person Bond games. Which do you think is better, or which has better elements? Personally, I bring it all down to elements. Blood Stone has the better story, better gameplay, better graphics (but those are lowest on my list) and better controls, while Everything or Nothing has the better cast (except for Craig and Joss Stone, who are both excellent in Blood Stone), better music and (from what I've heard) better multiplayer.

I prefer Blood Stone, but only by a little bit.

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Most people are going to say "Everything or Nothing" is the better Bond game, and they would be right! I love both games but when it comes down to it EoN feels more like a Bond adventure, plus it had more replay value.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    All the EA Bond games had more replay value than the Activision's. The only things the Activision games have going for them is trophies/achievements (for the single player) and COD ripoff (for the multiplayer).
    blood stone. I found EON extremely annoying and bland and proved Dafoe only overacts never acts.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Risico007 wrote:
    blood stone. I found EON extremely annoying and bland and proved Dafoe only overacts never acts.

While I prefer EON, I agree with this - Most of what you do in EON is basicly just machine-gun badguys.
    The only thing is Eon does have a longer single player. If Blood Stone had a few more levels and a bit more stealth it would be the perfect game.
  • SharkShark Banned
    EON, but both are fun, and automatically top most Bond games for the simple fact that they're in 3rd person. For some odd reason, 1st person shooters give me migraines.
    I prefer First over 3rd But as long as I get a new bond game I'm happy at this rate.

Though with my recent preseant of Xbox live Quantum of Solace has taken on a whole new life.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Are people still playing QoS online?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 9,730
    yup playing golden gun mode now
    '

it takes a while to find a game sure but it's still fun
    I'm surprised. There have been four new CODs since QoS came out.
    Bloodstone, because it is more fun to play, has better 3rd Person, better combat, and better driving levels. Also, the graphics are amazing! I understand that EoN is a 2004 game, so the graphics are good for the day, but Bloodstone's 2010 graphics do have an advantage over EoN.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Bloodstone has the better driving, in fact, i'd go even further to say that Bloodstone has the best driving mechanics of any Bond game we've seen thus far. As for everything else (especially the action) EON wins. Bloodstone doesn't even have a crouch function. Why not?

And the really big reason EON is better than BS, OPS2 Magazine UK called it 30 second madness (and my god were they right):

BS just can't compete with EON on the action front.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Oh man! That video makes me really want to play it! It's a shame that it's not avalible to play on the XBOX 360.
    Yeah, that level was great! One of the high points of EoN definitely!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    A grapple hock would have also done Blood Stone the world of good.
    I've never played Bloodstone but thoroughly enjoyed EoN so yeah...that one ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    And dare I say it, EON does a better job of capturing the feel of it's era. It is the 5th Brosnan film in all but it's medium.
    And dare I say it, EON does a better job of capturing the feel of it's era. It is the 5th Brosnan film in all but it's medium.

Where have I seen Brosnan Bond skydiving after something before? ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:

Ah, but the CGI was better in EON. ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:

Indeed lol
    BAIN123 wrote:

EON was the only one that used CG. Blood Stone used the in-game graphics engine the whole way (not counting the title sequence).
    Bloodstone has the better driving, in fact, i'd go even further to say that Bloodstone has the best driving mechanics of any Bond game we've seen thus far. As for everything else (especially the action) EON wins. Bloodstone doesn't even have a crouch function. Why not?

And the really big reason EON is better than BS, OPS2 Magazine UK called it 30 second madness (and my god were they right):

BS just can't compete with EON on the action front.

There have been a great many times I haven't beaten that level.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,882
    BAIN123 wrote:

EON was the only one that used CG. Blood Stone used the in-game graphics engine the whole way (not counting the title sequence).

I was actually taking about GE. I had forgotten that Bond jumps out of the plane at the start of BS.
    BAIN123 wrote:

I was actually taking about GE. I had forgotten that Bond jumps out of the plane at the start of BS.

That was still the in-game engine.

Do you mean the film GE or the Craig game GE? Because unless Reloaded uses some, there's still no CG in GE other than the title sequence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Are people still playing QoS online?

Yes, and it is marred by shotgunning fools. No fun to play, and only two modes ever get played. Even Team Deathmatch is hard to get a match in.
    Bloodstone has the better driving, in fact, i'd go even further to say that Bloodstone has the best driving mechanics of any Bond game we've seen thus far.

It should've. The game was made by a developer who specialized in racing games.
    Yes, and it is marred by shotgunning fools.

GoldenEye 007 on the Wii is plagued by this very same problem. That, and grenade spammers who seem to have unlimited grenades.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, and it is marred by shotgunning fools.

GoldenEye 007 on the Wii is plagued by this very same problem. That, and grenade spammers who seem to have unlimited grenades.

It is nearly impossible to find a multiplayer game nowadays where the shotguns aren't overpowered. A sad, but true fact.
    And whose bright idea is it to proximity mine a whole freaking level SERIOUSLY!

I respawn and am killed by the same guy twice by a proximity mine!
    Risico007 wrote:
    And whose bright idea is it to proximity mine a whole freaking level SERIOUSLY!

I respawn and am killed by the same guy twice by a proximity mine!
    Are you referring to GER:007 or something?
  • EON because it was longer, had better action, gadgets, and better villians. Bloodstone did have the better girl and the better driving though.