The General Music Thread

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Been reading the rumours of Guns n' Roses frontman Axl Rose, possibly, tasking on the singing duties for AC/DC on their American tour, as replacement fore Brian Johnson. Being a massive GN'R fan, I'm hoping that this doesn't come off. With a new Guns tour coming up, I'd rather him be 100% for that and give Guns n' Roses fans a great show.

If there wasn't a GN'R tour happening then I'd have no problem and I'd try to go see AC/DC myself as I love the band and I think Axl could be a decent, albeit short term, replacement.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Radiohead A Moon Shaped Pool

There is no band like Radiohead they just leave everyone behind this is an extraordinary album, I'm biased because I love them but this so trancends the at times awkwardness of The King of Limbs and every track is essential, no filler here, I'm so happy.

Also their rejected SPECTRE theme grows on me more and more I listen but there is stuff here as good and better.
    Almost forgot to post my Record Store Days buys. Picture disc records from Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Saxon, John Williams and a pink vinyl Madonna record for the wife.

26324358213_85eee955f1_m.jpg

26323076924_9ed97cda5f_m.jpg

26834726722_97ba3f92de_m.jpg

26834726822_88f4a065e1_m.jpg

26834726602_3b5409818d_m.jpg

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think that this is the best chart song in general that I've heard in a long time. It's by Pink and is the theme song to the film Alice Through The Looking Glass:

I love Pink - the colour! :))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Boy do I love musicals.
    And this is just freaking great!
    Watch this:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v6qSt8Qp9ck"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edited May 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Happy Birthday, Kylie! You sexy thing.
    I know that Axl Rose has his haters (I'm a massive fan of him and Guns N' Roses) but I have to say he is sounding so much better nowadays than he has in a long time. I've seen some videos up on YouTube of him singing with AC/DC and he is certainly doing them justice. Here's one for example -
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Thanks for this. Listening to that just baptised me with feel good vibes.
    The blog Degenerate State has analyzed more than 200 000 metal lyrics to find the most and least used words.

Top three: Burn, Cries and Veins.

Bottom three: Particularly, Indicated and Secretary.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,469
    I recently watched Goldfinger and was drawn to this piece of music, with the James Bond theme motif followed by the film theme with lots of horns, as was commonplace back then, and its jazzy style. Since then I've been listening more to music from other Bond soundtracks, admiring John Barry's great talent.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I thought this would be interesting: what are everybody's top five favourite songs of all time (very difficult, I know)? I'll have to ponder about my own.
    I thought this would be interesting: what are everybody's top five favourite songs of all time (very difficult, I know)? I'll have to ponder about my own.

Just five is impossible.
    Have to agree. Five is not easy at all as there are a lot of songs that I love. @MayDayDiVicenzo - do you have a list of 5 that you can share just yet? Difficult task but I'll have a think and see what I come up with.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,966
    Now playing: "Fresh Feeling" - Eels

Great song!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The undeniable Lady herself:

A powerful performance.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited August 2016 Posts: 5,080
    Have to agree. Five is not easy at all as there are a lot of songs that I love. @MayDayDiVicenzo - do you have a list of 5 that you can share just yet? Difficult task but I'll have a think and see what I come up with.

Damn, I forgot about this thread. After some considerable consideration, I whittled it down to these five, in no particular order;

1. Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes

2. Der Kommissar, After the Fire (the Falco version is okay, but I'm biased as a native English speaker)

3. Slipping Through My Fingers, ABBA (blocked on Youtube for some reason)

4. Young Turks, Rod Stewart

5. Angel of the Morning, Juice Newton (such an underrated artist)