Best Movies You'd Only Watch Once

edited July 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,243
There are plenty of great movies out there, and most of them we love to watch over and over. However, every now and then, there's a movie one can recognize for its excellence, but have little desire to revisit. So, this thread is for movies you all think are great, but you probably wouldn't watch again. Some of mine:

Raging Bull (1980)
Martin Scorsese is definitely one of the most talented film directors to ever live, with a very impressive resume. Many have selected Raging Bull as one of his best movies, and while I agree it is a very well done picture, it was hard for me to get through because of how bleak it got. While it's a good one, I'd much sooner revisit Taxi Driver (probably my favorite Scorsese film) or Goodfellas.

The Deer Hunter (1978)
I was pretty impressed with The Deer Hunter, but I knew immediately once it was over it's a one-watch film for me. It's long and exhausting, but it's definitely a film worth watching.

Castle in the Sky (1986)
I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki (one of my favorite directors), and there's only 3 of his films I don't own. I don't dislike any of those movies, but Castle in the Sky is the best of them, yet I'm never in the mood to re-watch it. That's why I didn't buy it.

What about all of you?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Revenant, Good film with some great performances, but the story drags
    ( For me at least) , in fact I found it boring in parts. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Sixth Sense (1999). Once you've seen it all the way to the end once, you really don't need to revisit it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Clockwork Orange & Barry Lyndon for me.
    Kubrick was a genius, but genius can make one uncomfortable (as was his intention).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Schindler's List
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Clockwork Orange & Barry Lyndon for me.
    Kubrick was a genius, but genius can make one uncomfortable (as was his intention).

Those are two great movies. I'm close to getting my second watch of Barry Lyndon. Have seen ACO three times. So much to get from it, even though it is uncomfortable at times.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Million Dollar Baby.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Million Dollar Baby.

Yes, excellent film, but damn so sad.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Some films I have seen and like recently but I doubt i'll want to watch them again...

The Martian

Still Alice

Gone Girl

The Imitation Game

All good movies but one watch only.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've only seen Blade Runner and Highlander once apiece. I've never felt any desire to watch them again.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Some films I have seen and like recently but I doubt i'll want to watch them again...

The Martian

Still Alice

Gone Girl

The Imitation Game

Interesting that you have Gone Girl here. I love that film, as I do most of Fincher's work.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    TripAces wrote: »

The Martian

Still Alice

Gone Girl

The Imitation Game

Interesting that you have Gone Girl here. I love that film, as I do most of Fincher's work.

I liked the film a lot. But have no inclination to see it again.
    The Martian is a film that I thought was enjoyable but not bothered about seeing again.
    Many of the films mentioned, I'd agree you watch once and that's it. As if there's
    A twist ( as the big reveal) once you know about it, ...... there's no surprises.
    Like Gone Girl or Now you see Me. Although I'm looking forward to Now you see
    Me too, sorry two :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE KILLING FIELDS and APOCALYPTO.

The first was boring, the second unpleasant.
    MYSTERIOUS SKIN
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Schindler's List

Truly one of the most important and best movies ever made.

Still, after seeing it back then at the cinema and I never would again.
    It has shaken my confidence in human kind.
    It is a very emotional film, especially when you think of how many genocides
    Have taken place around the world since. :(
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,971
    Sophie's Choice

Can you believe it takes this broad over two and a half hours to make her mind up?
    The Revanant. Saw it, liked it, no desire to see it again.
    Schindler's List
    Million Dollar Baby.
    Seconded, good ones

The Revanant. Saw it, liked it, no desire to see it again.
    Schindler's List
    Million Dollar Baby.
    Seconded, good ones