Archer (2009 - present)

Comments

It was a brilliant show when Archer and company were in the spy game. The whole Archer Vice nonsense was a major false step, though, as all but the final two episodes of that season were terrible.

Haven't seen the latest season, though, as I don't have cable and will have to wait for Netflix to upload it to their site.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    It was a brilliant show when Archer and company were in the spy game. The whole Archer Vice nonsense was a major false step, though, as all but the final two episodes of that season were terrible.

I agree. This season was an improvement, but still felt worse than the first four seasons or so. The Heart of Archness trilogy of episodes is hard to top!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Netflix has Season 6 of Archer already since a few weeks. At least in Switzerland. I know Netflix does not have the same content in every country.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Season 5 is 'Archer Vice,' correct? I didn't care for that one (and I don't believe I even finished it), mainly because the ending of the first episode spoils every episode after that. Kind of killed any twists or plot development for me.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2015 Posts: 2,629
    I've just started watching the show and it is pretty darn funny. The man who voices Archer is the same voice as Bob in Bob's Burgers, another great animated show. Gene is my favorite character on that show.

Here's a crossover clip of Archer and Bob's Burgers.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GFobb7n7AzE
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I discovered 'Bob's Burgers' at the start of this year and I think it's hilarious. Can't get enough of it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Season 5 is 'Archer Vice,' correct? I didn't care for that one (and I don't believe I even finished it), mainly because the ending of the first episode spoils every episode after that. Kind of killed any twists or plot development for me.
    Correct.

Vice is dividing people, but I think we can allow the creative team behind Archer to have one "special" season.

Season six is fantastic, I'm already viewing it a second time.
    Season 6 is the most re watchable of all IMO
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I discovered 'Bob's Burgers' at the start of this year and I think it's hilarious. Can't get enough of it.

Especially the Gene and Louise characters.

• edited August 2015 Posts: 591
    Love this show. It's absoutely brilliant. Perfect combination of the spy genre and adult humor. I also love how Archer can genuinely annoy you sometimes as well as the characters in the show. My favorite character is Pam :D
    I also love how Archer can genuinely annoy you sometimes as well as the characters in the show. My favorite character is Pam :D

Yup , but they overdid it a bit with Pam in Vice

For me Archer is a dream come true.
    It's already in its 6th year! 75 episodes and still not ended.
    Usually when I love a TV Show that much it gets cancelled after one two or three seasons the most.

-Firefly 1 season (and one fantastic movie)
    -Veronica Mars 3 seasons (and last's years movie that I co-financed via Kickstarter)
    -Dollhouse 2 seasons
    -The Cape 1 season
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Kerim wrote: »
    I've just started watching the show and it is pretty darn funny. The man who voices Archer is the same voice as Bob in Bob's Burgers, another great animated show. Gene is my favorite character on that show.

=)) ...yes Bob is funny too. Bob even had a cameo in the Family Guy Simpsons crossover...

Still waiting for the American Dad/Futurama crossover :P ..

...or the American Dad spoof of SF with Roger as Silva ...lol just imagine Stan tied to chair lol..

Anywhooo big Archer fan...
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,631
    Skyfail wrote: »

Yes, they absolutely did. Her cocaine addiction was, at best, a gag that could have run an episode or two, and they stretched it out for literally the entire season, often repeating the same jokes and setups for it along the way.
    Agree about Pam. I feel like ever since Archer Vice, she and Cheryl switched places. They were always both crazy, but Pam used to be *slightly* more reasonable. Not anymore though.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Cocaine will do that to you.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 2,629
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Kerim wrote: »

=)) ...yes Bob is funny too. Bob even had a cameo in the Family Guy Simpsons crossover...

Still waiting for the American Dad/Futurama crossover :P ..

...or the American Dad spoof of SF with Roger as Silva ...lol just imagine Stan tied to chair lol..

Anywhooo big Archer fan...

American Dad\Futurama crossover. The Planet Express Crew goes back to our time. Stan freaks out that the alien\robot invasion from the future has started. Roger tells Stan to calm down, he knows these folks.

I could easily see an American Dad (AD) parody of Skyfall. Roger has San tied up, tells Stan of some alien rat story and they go homoerotic. They've done the homoerotic themes on several occasions. Plus AD has already done Tearjerker and the one based off of LALD. Elements from several Bond films mixed in for both episodes.

Oh right, Archer is awesome.
    dalton wrote: »
    Skyfail wrote: »

Her cocaine addiction was, at best, a gag that could have run an episode or two, and they stretched it out for literally the entire season,

Precisely
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    One really weird thing about Pam that season is that they made her lose, what, 75 lbs overnight (with no sagging skin) and yet her face didn't change at all. If someone loses that much weight usually their face will as well.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    @ggl007

Thank you for that. Priceless.

My favourite:

Archer on Thunderball:

“After the highjacking of an American spacecraft, Sean Connery, a 6-foot-2-inch Scotsman, is sent to Japan where he fools everybody by disguising himself as a Japanese fisherman.”
    LIKE: “Written by Roald Dahl? Who knew!”
    DISLIKE: “Bond tires to transform into a Japanese fisherman but he ends up looking like Spock. This is why I only do mustaches.”
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Archer Reviews "every" James Bond film!

http://bcove.me/rpuseykd
    That was amazing. I wish there was an actual "review" for Spectre though.

My favorite line: Karl Stromberg, a man who wants to destroy the world and live under the sea like a grumpy old mermaid.
    Loved how he described For Your Eyes Only, saying

"A mission that requires fighting off hockey players, a biathlete and a horny teenage figure skater."

=))

Now, I know Bibi Dahl was exaggeratedly the inspiration for Anka Schlotz. Haha!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just saw these and really got a kick out of it. Stromberg being called a "grumpy old mermaid" is just about one of the best things I've heard in a long, long while.
    What did everyone think about the new season? I thought it started out OK but wasn't that great towards the end.
    It's also significantly less funny when Archer isn't able to womanize.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    jackdagger wrote: »
    What did everyone think about the new season? I thought it started out OK but wasn't that great towards the end.
    It's also significantly less funny when Archer isn't able to womanize.
    Don't know about you, but I'm loving it so far. Yet to see the last episode.

mC3nUMn.jpg

UPDATE: @jackdagger, now that I've seen the episode... Well... I guess we'll never know until we find out what happens a year later... That was one cliffhanger... or not.
    Archer is renewed for three seasons.
    Never watched the show when it first aired, found it on Netflix midway through second episode very funny totally daft love it.
    OMG I'm very late to this party but I finally watched Archer for the first time on Friday. Now I'm on season 3 already! Need I say more? :))