James Bond on WW2!?

daltoncraig13daltoncraig13 Australia
edited July 2016 in Bond Movies Posts: 25
would there ever be a james bond novel or movie taking place to Ww2?
btw it's very unique to the james bond universe because it never took place to Ww2 where James will sabotage those secret nazi weapons, this Could be great on the bond universe, or they could just assigned another agent on this kind of setting, is this a good idea for the bond universe?

Comments

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,053
    Well after writing a bit of fan fiction elsewhere (a few members from 'the other place' may recall it) I've written a novel about my own agent in WW2. It's called 'An Ungentlemanly Act'. Again a few people from that same forum have seen extracts from it & these were well received. It's not been published yet but I will be offering it free for a limited period to anyone who is interested.

BTW my avatar if the cover.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @stag I am interested.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Walecs wrote: »
    @stag I am interested.

Thank you. I have just asked for permission to start a thread about the book where I can post a few extracts from it etc. As said it will be offered free to MI6 members.

Well, part of "James Bond : The Authorized Biography" by John Pearson deal with what Bond did during WW II. Including giving us the explanation of exactly what a Royal Navy officier was doing in the Ardennes in 1944. The whole book is a must have for any serious Bond fan, but everyone here know that, right ?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, part of "James Bond : The Authorized Biography" by John Pearson deal with what Bond did during WW II. Including giving us the explanation of exactly what a Royal Navy officier was doing in the Ardennes in 1944. The whole book is a must have for any serious Bond fan, but everyone here know that, right ?

Thanks, @Gerard. I was just about to suggest that one to @daltoncraig13. Of course there are a few mentions of James Bond's World War II service throughout the original Ian Fleming novels too. I wrote an article about these mentions back some years ago. It can be read in full at the following link:

http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/james-bond-in-contemporary-world-war-ii.html

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the article. :)