New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,946
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Simply gorgeous.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Stunning !
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Moving footage from Aston:
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    =bg= wrote: »

I much prefer the DB11 to the DB10 (and I love the DB10). The DB10 looked almost like it was coated in a stealth fighter finish (almost matte), while the DB11 looks more classically Aston.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    The DB11 is sex on wheels. Gorgeous wip.
    It is great I like but like I say before it I never afford one but I get diecast model car. In both scales.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Nothing ever will beat the Vanquish from 2002 which I own including machine guns.
    The model that is.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Beautiful car. Not too sure if Bond will ride it, though.
    Nothing ever will beat the Vanquish from 2002 which I own including machine guns.
    The model that is.
    Personally I prefer the DB9, and this one. I'm really impressed, and I take it that those complaining that 'all Astons look alike' find enough new-ness to this car to make them happy.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,984
    A friend of mine lent me the keys to his Vantage V12 during the weekend. It's just so aesthetically beautiful (visually in terms of both the interior and exterior, but also aurally in terms of that sweet V12). The performance was a bit clunky, but I didn't even care because I just had so much fun driving it. Aston's aren't meant to be Ferrari's - 14-year olds aren't meant to hang up posters of them because of their godlike stats, but because of their timeless appeal and beauty. When you drive an Aston, it's more about the subjective appeal of the driving experience than the objective analysis of the driving dynamics, but fortunately, the overwhelming majority of people love Aston's.

If I were to get an Aston, then it'd definitely be the DB11 when it comes out, followed by the Vanquish, then the Vantage in terms of preference. Then again, I love them all. I wouldn't care which one it was if one of them turned up in my driveway.
    A friend of mine lent me the keys to his Vantage V12 during the weekend. It's just so aesthetically beautiful (visually in terms of both the interior and exterior, but also aurally in terms of that sweet V12). The performance was a bit clunky, but I didn't even care because I just had so much fun driving it. Aston's aren't meant to be Ferrari's - 14-year olds aren't meant to hang up posters of them because of their godlike stats, but because of their timeless appeal and beauty. When you drive an Aston, it's more about the subjective appeal of the driving experience than the objective analysis of the driving dynamics, but fortunately, the overwhelming majority of people love Aston's.

If I were to get an Aston, then it'd definitely be the DB11 when it comes out, followed by the Vanquish, then the Vantage in terms of preference. Then again, I love them all. I wouldn't care which one it was if one of them turned up in my driveway.

Well that's the thing. Driving is an emotion, it isn't just all specs. I'd really love to sit behind the wheel of one once. Personally I always thought I'd go for the '68 DBS or the V8 that followed it, but then the DB9 came out, then the Vanquish, and now the DB11. They're just unbelieveably beautiful. Well, I'll just have to work very hard for a couple of years more ;-)
    @CommanderRoss - Indeed, Astons aren't hypercars. They perform adequately for me, but it's the enjoyment and thrill of riding in one that makes it so desirable. And, of course, the statement it makes even when it's marked.
    Today I bought 2 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Similar to Timothy Dalton 007 car. 1971 model by CMR Classic Model Car Replica carNo website yet. The other Aston Martin V8 Vantage by GT Sprit Website gts-models.com/fr/ They did Roger Moores The Persuaders Aston Martin DBS V8. It got his character igniters also the classic DB5 not James Bond but it Scale1:18. Another report on future Aston Martin the next V8 Vantage likely unveiled next year & other latest model from Autocar web.
    [url="http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-aston-martin-vantage-leads-astons-new-model-blitz
    Impressed by their planning. AM has never been this alive before, fantastic!
    Aston Martin has release a new concept Vanquish Zagato different in back. I believe all of the Aston Martin Zagato are 2 seaters Here from Autocar
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/concept-cars/new-aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept-unveiled
    What does anyone think of it?
    Again an increadable beautiful creation by Zagato.. Now if Bond would get one of these for the next film....
    Agreed, a stunning looking car !
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 503
    Wasn't a DB11 prototype supposed to be in Spectre ?
    Not as far as I know. That was one of the rumours before they announced the DB10. I guess nobody expected a special-for-the-film car at that stage.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    All I remember was that Michael G. Wilson told the press that a new Aston Martin was going to be shown in the then-upcoming Bond film, back then. It wasn't specified which model they were going to use.
    Again an increadable beautiful creation by Zagato.. Now if Bond would get one of these for the next film....
    Agreed, a stunning looking car !
    The Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato will do limited production in 2017 next year.
    the prototype next V8 Vantage is now on the seen on Car Magazine Here the page.
    [url="http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/aston-martin/new-2017-Aston-martin-vantage-spyshots/
    The new V8 2017 Vantage will be released next year 2017 Also the DB11 Volante will release next year, Vanquish replacement let hope in called Vanquish again in 2018 that will have a same engine as the DB11 & Rapide with electric features.
    Looking good! They've never before been this busy at AM!
    Aston Martin had a festival again in Burghley House. It should only Bond SPECTRE Aston Martin DB10. There was DB5 including the latest DB11. Here the page.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/anything-goes/festival-aston-martin-pictures
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Jeremy Clarkson posted this photo of the DB11 on his Facebook page. It features in an episode of 'The Grand Tour' filmed in Florence, Italy.

13599761_1617529858563100_9082147067151525272_n.jpg?oh=05bca6ed75112c38dd4cd0abe9561b29&oe=57FDA045
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Any bigger and I'm going to have to get an HGV permit.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Christ, that's one beautiful machine.
    Agreed, a beautiful car.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Very. A lot more beautiful than the DB10.