Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Played a bit of GoldenEye: Source today. Incredibly fun as always! BTW, I know there are some GE:S fans on here, so if you ever run into me in game, I'm BMW007.

Finished Uncharted 4 about a week back. That game is definitely the best in the series. I honestly thought the first two were good, but a bit overrated, and I never bothered to play the third. The fourth has blown me away, and is the most cinematic game I've ever seen!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Played a bit of GoldenEye: Source today. Incredibly fun as always! BTW, I know there are some GE:S fans on here, so if you ever run into me in game, I'm BMW007.
    Whenever you're ready, send me a PM, and we'll go for a deathmatch. :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Finished Uncharted 4 about a week back. That game is definitely the best in the series. I honestly thought the first two were good, but a bit overrated, and I never bothered to play the third. The fourth has blown me away, and is the most cinematic game I've ever seen!

The first three can be found really cheap now. You should give them a try, all 3 are worth playing. Though the original game will feel quaint by comparison. I don't know why some fans give Uncharted 3 a raw deal, there were some really good sequences in it, such as the burning house and the cruise liner.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    All the Uncharted games are wonderful, but @MajorDSmythe is right in saying that going back to 1 is rough after playing the others. The gameplay developed so beautifully from 2-4 that you can't help but be disappointed by the prototype that was 1. All still great adventures though, and each game represented the pinnacle of what could be done with the PS3 hardware in their respective years of release, with 4 showing us what a truly next-gen gaming experience should feel like.

3 is more than worth your time, @BMW_with_missiles, no matter what some might tell you. Each game gives you more time with the characters to really bond with them, and without witnessing the journeys of each from 1 to 3, you miss a lot of the emotionally satisfying stuff in 4, to say the least. Such great fan service, that brought many tears to my eyes.
    Whenever you're ready, send me a PM, and we'll go for a deathmatch. :D

Will do! (When time permits)
    Elder Scrolls Online and despite playing it on 360 bought the Tomb Raider On Xbox One, recently completed Rise of the Tomb Raider wanted some more Lara.
    Just ordered a 2nd copy of 007 Legends, this time for my Wii U (I already have the PS3 version). Why do I want another copy of this mediocre game you ask? Well, the Wii U version includes the Skyfall mission on the disc, which the PS3 version doesn't, and it's no longer available as DLC. So, I'll be subjecting myself to a second play-through of that. I was actually itching to replay some of it recently, so let's hope the second time is better than the first.

Had to buy a replacement copy of Goldeneye Wii. My first disc (which I bought used) had some scratches, but my Wii ignored them. For some reason, the Wii U seems pickier about scratches on Wii discs than the original Wii. It gave me disc read errors in the middle of matches, and I had already transferred over all my gamesaves (and online multiplayer XP).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut (PS3)

A separate physical release to the original Human Revolution, that I never played. This 'Directors Cut' edition features a number of improvements over the original 'Human Revolution' such as:

- New Game+
    - Approximately 8 hrs of in-game commentary
    - Improved graphics
    - Improved boss battles

I have already fought the first boss (Barrett), and I beat him without firing a single shot, or getting anywhere near him. I can't wait to start the New Game+, where my augmentations (upgrades) carry over, so I can use that for my stealth play through.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Finally got around to trying out 'Alekhine's Gun.' Not the worst thing I've ever played, but how this game ever got the all clear for production and mass release is beyond me. Thankfully, I only paid $10 for it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Finally got around to trying out 'Alekhine's Gun.' Not the worst thing I've ever played, but how this game ever got the all clear for production and mass release is beyond me. Thankfully, I only paid $10 for it.
    Come on, Creasy, it wasn't that bad. :D
    @ClarkDevlin, it's an independent studio so I can forgive the graphics, but lacking features such as a brightness slider, auto-save, or subtitle options? No excuse. Saving is wonky, trophies were messed up, and the AI is 100% broken in this game. Past that, it actually had a few features the new 'Hitman' title was sorely missing, which was nice.
    @ClarkDevlin, it's an independent studio so I can forgive the graphics, but lacking features such as a brightness slider, auto-save, or subtitle options? No excuse. Saving is wonky, trophies were messed up, and the AI is 100% broken in this game. Past that, it actually had a few features the new 'Hitman' title was sorely missing, which was nice.
    Agreed. The thing is... The original game had so much to offer... The new publishers took over the original work and screwed it up.

Just look at this footage, @Creasy47:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3

So many things missing!
    There were new publishers? That explains it, then. I haven't played the originals, as I don't game on PC, but I've heard great things. My biggest complaint with this game was the frame rate: if it was running any more than 10-15 FPS, then I'd be shocked.
    There were new publishers? That explains it, then. I haven't played the originals, as I don't game on PC, but I've heard great things. My biggest complaint with this game was the frame rate: if it was running any more than 10-15 FPS, then I'd be shocked.
    The original ones are pretty much the first four Hitman games.
    I'd love to get my hands on those, then. This game had a lot of promise. If they took another year, and the publishers had a better budget, this game may be comparable to the first few 'Hitman' titles, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
    I'd love to get my hands on those, then. This game had a lot of promise. If they took another year, and the publishers had a better budget, this game may be comparable to the first few 'Hitman' titles, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
    Seen the video I linked you to, @Creasy47? Many elements have been missing from the final game. Many elements.
    Yes, I saw entire levels and the ability to switch between characters, which was missing entirely from the main game. I also didn't like how long it took to unlock/upgrade guns. I'm also not searching for realism in a game like this, but what kind of assassin goes to take out his targets as unprepared as this son of a bitch?! I can only bring one magazine per gun and two doses of chloroform? Makes no sense.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Oh, I love Steam sales... Both Portal games, Undertale, Civilization V and Jade Empire were all purchased just today.

Played, however, is Stardew Valley.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Got the Mad Max game for 60% off in a PSN sale this week; been waiting to jump on that one. I'm watching the Mad Max films now to prepare, then I'm jumping into the game. I think I'm really going to dig it.
    Oh damn thanks for the heads up!! I've been meaning to check that out too!
    Still playing mostly Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut
    Since my last post reach the point where the Missing Link DLC is incorporated into the main mission. It feels like a cheap move to remove all my augments and customised weapons. Once this DLC is finished, I hope my augements and weapons will be returned. I've re-earned some of them back. I can't wait to get this section over with.
    Doing my replay of 007 Legends and I finished the skiing stage in the OHMSS section. Well...that sucked. Things like this always make me question how logical human beings could produce this, look at it, and say, "Yep, that's good. We're done. Cut and print."

On a related note, there are apparently no cheat codes for the Wii U version that allow you to jump straight to the Skyfall levels (the only ones I haven't already played on PS3). Even thought there are sites that claim such codes exist, none of them work. Darn.
    I still haven't had a chance to play that damn game but from what I hear it does seem like it's called 'Legends' for the wrong reason!
    Infamous for sucking, seems to be the consensus.
    Not that different from GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. Let's be fair.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's basically GoldenEye: Rogue Agent but you're playing as Bond. It's not the worst game ever but it's no Nightfire or GoldenEye 64.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Not that different from GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. Let's be fair.

Yeah, it's basically a cheap(er) feeling GE:R.
    I still haven't had a chance to play that damn game but from what I hear it does seem like it's called 'Legends' for the wrong reason!
    Infamous for sucking, seems to be the consensus.

I have to give it credit for the concept being such great fan-service, but it ended up being very "Call of Duty." The assault on Schilthorn and the LTK levels are actually pretty good, though.
    I did like the Die Another Day mission the most, though... And the first half of Goldfinger. That also said, Moonraker's map was pretty good!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,000
    I thoroughly enjoyed the assault on Schilthorn level today. The experience playing on the Wii U game-pad is actually better than the PS3. The large number of functions that had to be programmed to D-pad and button combos for the phone and watch gadgets are easily handled by the touchscreen. Switching weapons is also easier this way. Strange, considering the hate the Wii U pad gets. I think load-times might even be faster on the Wii U.
    I did like the Die Another Day mission the most, though... And the first half of Goldfinger. That also said, Moonraker's map was pretty good!

I agree about Goldfinger, and DAD was pretty good (the driving in particular). Moonraker was good until it went into space.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Last video game I played? Pong about 1980.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    stag wrote: »
    Last video game I played? Pong about 1980.

You need to get out more. There's lots of new games to play that are much better than Pong.