Comments

image.png
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »
    What in the name of hell happened here?

Nothing yet.... that's the problem lol.
    What in the name of hell happened here?

A Bond 25 thread became something else entirely ... let's stay on track.
    If you make you self more then just a thread if you devout yourself to an ideal and they can't stop you you become something else entirely
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2016 Posts: 11,139
    A bellend, Mr Risico. A bellend.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If you make you self more then just a thread if you devout yourself to an ideal and they can't stop you you become something else entirely

what?
    doubleoego wrote: »

come again.
    I am so sorry to have interrupted the wonderful Flow of this wonderful Thread. Wont Happen again, I couldnt live with myself, If I irritated anybody :(|)
    edited June 2016 Posts: 11,139
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

come again.

Paraphrasing Ras Al Ghul from Batman Begins.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 4,400
    Hidden in THR's report on the 100 most powerful figures in Hollywood is news that Gary Barber, the CEO of MGM, plans to distribute the Bond films through MGM.

495433892-of-mgm-gary-barber-and-actress-monica-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXn8ht%2FtTM3ILrmQlzT1wOsTPo3PL9X5s0bsfpziMWgNYOg8Aqg3ASsZtR5z%2BGQoSxA%3D%3D
    There was talk in a Deadline article earlier this month that Barber was looking into the possibility of distributing the film solely.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/thr-100-hollywood-reporters-powerful-904591/item/roy-price-thr-100-904713

With this news, I'd start to consider that some of the other rumours surrounding the film may have credence. Maybe MGM want to get Bond 25 out sooner rather than later, especially since they are clearly betting big on it.
    Finally some actual news so MGM will solely be distributer on bond 25 I like this honestly though this might mean a lower budget however there are a lot of places bond 25 can film that would be "cheap" but not cheap looking for example

Atlanta Georga USA
    India
    South Africa
    And
    Greece

Like I said I think we should be looking at a smaller budget which may also attract the likes of Danny Boyle....
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Finally...
    Finally!

And yes, smaller budgets seem like that's what will happen now.

Song's distribution deal was pathetic and no other studio in this current landscape would be dumb enough to settle for the same or a similar deal so MGM are doing it themselves; which is for the best.

So far, this is very encouraging news and hope this is step 1 of many encouraging steps.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't see it as a confirmation as of yet. It's only a "plan" to distribute Bond through MGM... Not a factual statement.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So is that little tidbit of information all I've missed lately? Haven't checked this page in a good two days, but saw a lot of new comments - which, sadly, is no indicator of there being any concrete news at all.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm reading all the past 15 pages, you guys are insane. :D

The thing is, DC is waiting for the script to be ready, and then decide if he's in or out. Everything depends on that. And also, if Craig is, in fact out, there's no reason why his management team wouldn't write an statement regarding his decision to move along after all these years.

And about TH. I believe is all bs, all media buzz. There's no director for B25 yet, so how on earth he would have done the screen test without a director? Only if Martin Campbell tested him? :D

BTW, this is only my humble opinion on the recent news. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So MGM is the sole distributor for the time being?
    Yes change the thread titke
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City

Indeed, the fact that MGM may become a solo distributor of James Bond again since 2010. It may distribute Bond 25 in some countries for example:

USA/Canada
    South America
    Japan

Except for other territories in which the British and Australian distribution rights may held by Disney (through the Walt Disney Pictures label) while European distribution may also held by StudioCanel.

That's what similar is that DreamWorks films are distributed by Disney domestically and Entertainment One internationally.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 9,770
    I read the article and it says nothing about that in fact it says just the opposite

In the big bet thing it's deciding who will distrubte the bond films

BIG BET Deciding which studio will distribute future Bond installments.

So uhm yeah never mind I am goons go back to real life someone messaged me when there is actual news
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,631

Indeed, the fact that MGM may become a solo distributor of James Bond again since 2010. It may distribute Bond 25 in some countries for example:

USA/Canada
    South America
    Japan

Except for other territories in which the British and Australian distribution rights may held by Disney (through the Walt Disney Pictures label) while European distribution may also held by StudioCanel.

That's what similar is that DreamWorks films are distributed by Disney domestically and Entertainment One internationally.

8-|

Anyway, this may not be good news. Given how much MGM seems to find itself challenged in terms of cash flow, Bond 25 may end up bankrupting them again. With MGM fully in charge of everything, the Bond films could become fewer and further between than they already have been with Sony propping everything up.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't see this as direct confirmation either. @Pierce2Daniel Do you have the link to the Deadline article you're referring to?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited June 2016 Posts: 2,496
    Could they possibly be waiting to see how the Brexit vote goes before making a distribution deal?

Barbara Broccoli is one of the producers opposed to leaving the EU. She among the group of high profile producers who signed a letter outlining why staying in the EU was the best thing for the creative industry.

U.K. Producers Oppose Brexit - The Hollywood Reporter.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Could they possibly be waiting to see how the Brexit vote goes before making a distribution deal?

Barbara Broccoli is one of the producers opposed to leaving the EU. She among the group of high profile producers who signed a letter outlining why staying in the EU was the best thing for the creative industry.

This photo is real? @Germanlady?

rNxS3Rp.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »

This photo is real? @Germanlady?

rNxS3Rp.jpg

Yes, it's from the Stronger in Press twitter account.

There is also this article from Sky News about it.

Well this settles it I vote the UK stay in the EU after all the EU is the new roman empire
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Love that line, and the delivery. Pure class.

RE: MGM - can they afford Craig?
    Thanks @Red_Snow.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    Love that line, and the delivery. Pure class.

RE: MGM - can they afford Craig?

Can they afford Bond?????!!!

On the ropes and forced to a reasonable budget might be the very best thing for EoN.
    I don't see this as direct confirmation either. @Pierce2Daniel Do you have the link to the Deadline article you're referring to?

@jake24 Here's the Deadline article from June 9th.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/mgm-plans-gary-barber-james-bond-mark-burnett-1201770134/