What song could be a great Bond Theme?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Going by todays newspapers, if Hiddleston gets Bond, Taylor swift will be doing the
    theme. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Going by todays newspapers, if Hiddleston gets Bond, Taylor swift will be doing the
    theme. ;)
    And the song will be about how Bond broke Taylor Swift's heart and he's an awful boyfriend. =))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    "Something like that yes " :))
    "Something like that yes " :))
    It will be later revealed that she's Blofeld in a reboot 2.0 continuity and will try to exact revenge on Bond for breaking her heart. :))
    Rick Astley's new album 50 might be number one in the UK top 40 album chart today! It will be his first number one album in 30 years! I mention this because it shows he still has some mainstream popularity and the track "I Like The Sun" from his new album gives a strong vibe what he might sound like doing a Bond theme.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 5,745

Anybody heard of a small film called The Matrix?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    A great idea for a thread. I haven't any suggestions offhand but will have a dig among my eight tracks (?!) & see if I can come up with any ideas.
    From the same album, Vienna:
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Even though it was used during the closing credits of Batman Returns, I think that 'Face To Face' by Siouxsie & The Banshees has a sophisticated & sensual Bondian feel:

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,548
    I always thought this sounded like a perfect Bond song (though long). And heck, the video looks to be filmed at L'Americain!

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I always thought this Goldfrapp track was a good Bond-type song - shame it was never officially released:
    Even though it was used during the closing credits of Batman Returns, I think that 'Face To Face' by Siouxsie & The Banshees has a sophisticated & sensual Bondian feel:

Should have been the theme to Dalton s third film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Or any Bond film, really. It doesn't have to be changed in any way, just drop it into a Bond film and it wouldn't be out of place.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Climbing Up the Walls by Radiohead.
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    edited July 2016 Posts: 189
    From the top of my head, two choices...

Cindy Wood's "Pray for You" from the anime movie Golgo 13: The Professional. I mean, look at the awesome Bondian title sequence it has!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-pG1xFNYepU"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Next is Sia's cover of Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" from Finding Dory. It reminds me a great deal about "Skyfall" somehow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xRTqMdT7isM"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Golgo 13 was a response to Cubby Broccoli preventing the Japanese publishers from making further James Bond comics in the late 70s. The likeness remained the same as Bond's in the Japanese comics, and Golgo 13 was born instead.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Supremacy by Muse had bond written all over it, I was really hopeful muse would do the spectre theme song after DC met Matt Bellamy on an American chat show, apparantly they got on very well. But as DC is also a huge radiohead fan it didn't do their chances for gig much good.
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    "Looking Good" - Buble. My mom says it get's her drenched. She's old and likes Sinatra. ;) But I believe her.
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Being Canadian, and his age rule him out to play James Bond, but listen to this:

Kiefer Sutherland for Bond 25's theme song! What a voice the guy has!

@DarthDimi @bondjames @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego Jack Bauer has a lot of hidden talents. ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

This should have been a Bond song, would have been the best.