William Sharp; Patricia Highsmith' s Last Novel 'SMALL g: A SUMMER IDYLL'

MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
edited June 2016 in Literary 007 Posts: 221
-.Chapter 10; " A little after 1 A.M., Rickie and Teddie stood talking outside Jakob's. His name was Teddie Stevenson, his mother was Swiss, his father American, Teddie had explained. He had told Rickie a different name, because-well, why?-because he liked to feel like another person, somebody else now and then.
'I ve never done anyone any harm by it, 'Teddie said. 'I'm not trying to cover up anything.' -

Comments

• MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    This her last novel is stuffed with more suspense provided that You know the real truth behind the making of it-written between 1992 towards the end of 1994. Her US litterary contact in New York did not want to publish it because of a very simple reason.
    -It was to much of myself in it - I was already known in NY and NYT as the pseudonyme 'William Sharp'.
    Patricia Highsmith especially liked the Front Cover of this novel, and I know why-because it featured a litle detail that was centric to my life at that time. The letter 'g' has some small 'lamps' litting up the letter; the number of these are 13-Thirteen-that was the two first numbers of the account I did receive the source of my income from.
    in a foreign bank, and I had it sent to my UBS bank account in LUGANO; where I usually stayed in a small hotel that had the name with the letter 'g' in it..
    -In the summer of 1994 President Bill Clinton landed together with Members of half the American Congress in Rome.The suspense; I was there too. The us Government had put some pressure on the greek government to have me flushed out of Greece, and the only way I could afford to travel was to Rome, to wait for my next funds.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 221
    Patricia Highsmith was a very shrewed woman. In her home in Tegna, Ticino she received the news from Rome. The limping of Renate in this novel was in fact my own limping, but she transfered it to Renate to give myself a more sympatic appearance in her plot. I am also other figures and persons in this novel- like that of WILLI(am) Biber; the Village Idiot( that actually are 2 real persons-the cook of my hotel and myself-as she had difficulties to write the book I was used in several personalities so she could complete her novel.
    The suspense; she even dedicated her novel to myself, but concealed it by using her friends name and names; the dedication; 'To my friend Frieda Sommer'-should actually be read as follows; 'To my friend Fried a summer' -Fried like in the outing of a spy in the way Valerie Plame was outed to the general public..
    She had seen my passings in Lugano for several summers and that it was a real idyllic situation. she liked my personality, she saw me precisely as she describes it on my frequent walks trough Lugano, and that happened really often.
    -I myself did not know anything about my appearance in her book until quite recently, this Year 2016- when I saw 'The Talented Mr Ripley' in TV-and I did reach for the internet to understand more about Patricia Highsmith and her works. I saw a very good description from another writer about her last novel, and started to recognize the situation.The truth behind it is worthy a movie or tv play..not mainly thanks to myself, but thanks to the Commander-In-Chief President William J Clinton himself..!-The rest is his story..!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @MyNameIsMyBondRn

With due respect, what is the purpose of this thread? It invites no debate and fairly little discussion. Secondly, why don't you put this in ONE post? Seven posts in a row? We ask to avoid double posts, let alone this, especially given that they're all posted almost at once! Lastly, we have a thread - ONE thread; this is a Bond forum after all - where we can randomly post about books. Please head over there and post all of the above as one post. After that, I'm closing this thread.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
    I dont know how to transfer it to the book tread-please show me
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You edit every post (click the symbol next to "Quote" in every post) and copy the content to one and the same post in the thread I linked.
This discussion has been closed.