No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Tuulia, the examples you've noted above are quite noticeable to me when I watch his films (particularly because they are such 'event' movies these days). It reminds me of Scorsese a little.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't want any of the actors he's worked with (apart from Bale as Bond or Caine as M or Murphy as a minor MI6 operative) in key roles in a Bond film. On other films, I don't mind at all. Perhaps I'm frightened that Hardy would become a front runner.
    Am I the only one who sees Hardy as Sean Connery reborn? Really just me.... Sigh fine
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees Hardy as Sean Connery reborn? Really just me.... Sigh fine

Maybe not as Connery reborn but a viable candidate... just not my first choice anymore.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    The Taylor Swift rumor would be more believable if they were talking about Video Game Bond Girls, since we already had Joss Stone and Natasha Bedingfield as Bond girls in the games, but a movie role is very unbelievable since she has zero acting ability under her belt (as far as i know) and i don't think EoN would take any risks with her
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    00Agent wrote: »
    The Taylor Swift rumor would be more believable if they were talking about Video Game Bond Girls, since we already had Joss Stone and Natasha Bedingfield as Bond girls in the games, but a movie role is very unbelievable since she has zero acting ability under her belt (as far as i know) and i don't think EoN would take any risks with her

She would outshine Bell that's for sure.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

She's 5 ft 10 or thereabouts. Bell would be too short for her.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Ouch lol...

For my choices in bond 7 (I said this elsewhere) of the names mentioned 3 remind me of 3 previous bond actors I actually liked

Michael Fassbender in the Craig Dalton vein
    Tom Hardy in the Sean Connery vein
    Tom Hiddleston in the Lazenby Moore Brosnan vein

All three would be excellent 007s and as long as I get one of them I will be happy. Though I am poor in poster design I might make 3 posters based on each bond I like.

But as for Swift I am just happy we have something new to talk about

http://www.billboard.com/files/media/taylor-swift-gq-bikini-beach-2015-billboard-1020.jpg

You know I should do more research on her to see if she is capable.

Of course if anyone sees me I am afraid they will have me caught with more then my hands up
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I don't want Nolan as a Bond director as great as he is his films are too dark and heavy..

I want standalone missions with a lighter tone and I would never get that with Christopher Nolan and yeah I don't like much either his casting choices like Anne hathaway as Catwoman

But outside of his casting choices i want to go back to the old formula and have films like the ones from the Brosnan era but scripts a little more polished.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Szonana wrote: »
    I don't want Nolan as a Bond director as great as he is his films are too dark and heavy..

I want standalone missions with a lighter tone and I would never get that with Christopher Nolan and yeah I don't like much either his casting choices like Anne hathaway as Catwoman

But outside of his casting choices i want to go back to the old formula and have films like the ones from the Brosnan era but scripts a little more polished.
    We're the only ones who want that here, @Szonana. It's better we fade in to camouflage with the thought before the whole forum rips us apart. :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I feel the same way. I don't want Nolan anywhere near Bond. His movies aren't my cup of tea.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

We're the only ones who want that here, @Szonana. It's better we fade in to camouflage with the thought until the whole forum rips us apart. :))

There is nothing wrong on expressing what we want as long as we respecte the others hehe, but i know we are a minority on wanting the old formula back.
    I like Daniel very much and his films but in my opinion gets tired after some time. its like we are looking for an ending of a long story just like in a tv series. Meanwhile with standalone missions you get a new story every film but with the characters you love.

In tv i prefer sex and the city over Gossip girl. With sex and the city every episodes is a simple new story with Gossip girl you have to remember what happened in the previous episode

I don't have a problem with the old formula, as delivered from the 60s to the 80's. The 90's formula and what we got last year, I can do without.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Nolan is a great director and I love all of his movies, but I don't want him for Bond. Last two films were Nolan-esque, I think we need something new.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nolan is a great director and I love all of his movies, but I don't want him for Bond. Last two films were Nolan-esque, I think we need something new.
    This is also where I stand.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the old formula, as delivered from the 60s to the 80's. The 90's formula and what we got last year, I can do without.

I did like the 90s formula, sure the scripts needed some improvements but overall were pretty good and entretaining bond flicks.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I did like the 90s formula, sure the scripts needed some improvements but overall were pretty good and entretaining bond flicks.
    Same here.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,756
    I wish we could get something Machiavellian. More of like an evil Bond who isn't a hero. A cunning, manipulative bachelor with a hint of humanity which he's tried to rule out for his career. Imagining something Fincher-Esque.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883

You've got me wishing for another reboot now... I personally think good formula died with Cubby. This new generation hasn't shown me that they know how to do it without it seeming like pastiche. GE was the last decent formula film imho and Cubby was still with us.
    I wish we could get something Machiavellian. More of like an evil Bond who isn't a hero. A cunning, manipulative bachelor with a hint of humanity which he's tried to rule out for his career. Imagining something Fincher-Esque.
    Sounds like Hiddle to me.
    Nolan would come up with something original, I dont think it would be as heavy handed as everyone is expecting.
    Why did we suddenly change to namoi Harris possibly not coming back?

That approach would have really suited Brosnan. Unfortunately he was used really badly and his films are garbage. Including GE.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Why did we suddenly change to namoi Harris possibly not coming back?

It's the latest piece of news.
    Where I see nothing on the last two pages?
    Where I see nothing on the last two pages?

Page 249.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Truth has been spoken.
    Getafix wrote: »

That approach would have really suited Brosnan. Unfortunately he was used really badly and his films are garbage. Including GE.

At least the approach isn't tainted then.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I would be done with the series if they pulled that.

Well that was basically similar to Connery. The image in my mind is a darker Connery-esque performance. Bond dark-triad coming out.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Hehhe another fan of the classic formula of 1962-2002. I like to see more fans of the typical Bond formula now i still love Craig my preference for the safe stuff doesn't mean im not open to other things.

I can like them very much too in a different way but the formulatic cinematic Bond is very special to my heart.

I still don't think CR was so far off the "classic Bond cinematic formula" as people think. It was just the first time a gritty Bond film had been done right since the 1980's, and the best a Bond film had been period since the 1960's.