No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

For me I don't know much about turner but I feel it will more of a popcorn affair with him. As for Hiddleston we will see

All in all I don't think much will happen in 7 days
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I think I'll be waiting for the next week, but not with high expectations. Just to see if there's anything that will actually happen. You never know. Like @Mendes4Lyfe said once, "A broken clock is right twice a day". Let's see what will happen till then.

And meanwhile, I'll go on a vacation to Iceland.
    l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif
    I think I'll be waiting for the next week, but not with high expectations. Just to see if there's anything that will actually happen. You never know. Like @Mendes4Lyfe said once, "A broken clock is right twice a day". Let's see what will happen till then.

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

I would have to think that, if anything were actually announced this week, that it would have nothing to do with the tabloid article that has been discussed today. There's no way that a bookie, the same bookie that got it so wrong the last time, having Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor as the so-called favorites at 2/1 and 7/2 respectively, would have the inside scoop and the real trade publications with actual sources having not reported a thing.

dalton wrote: »

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

I would have to think that, if anything were actually announced this week, that it would have nothing to do with the tabloid article that has been discussed today. There's no way that a bookie, the same bookie that got it so wrong the last time, having Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor as the so-called favorites at 2/1 and 7/2 respectively, would have the inside scoop and the real trade publications with actual sources having not reported a thing.
    We're very much on the same page, @dalton.

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

We're very much on the page, @dalton.

I suppose there's always a chance that, come next week, we'll be seeing a press release announcing MGM's partnership with Disney, with Turner stepping into the role to join forces with Waltz's Blofeld to fight in The Great Martian War.

It's possible. ;) :)

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

I suppose there's always a chance that, come next week, we'll be seeing a press release announcing MGM's partnership with Disney, with Turner stepping into the role to join forces with Waltz's Blofeld to fight in The Great Martian War.

I think I just died, went to afterlife, been kicked out of it, and came back to life again. The Creator told me... "You Only Live Twice".
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,631

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

I think I just died, went to afterlife, been kicked out of it, and came back to life again. The Creator told me... "You Only Live Twice".

:)) :)

I think that was supposed to be the surprise twist at the end. The film ends, the Great Martian War is over, and then cut to Daniel Craig sleeping on a couch in his office and Fiennes' M standing in the doorway. "Wake up, Double-oh Seven. We have work to do!"

"Sorry, sir."

:)
    I think I'll be waiting for the next week, but not with high expectations. Just to see if there's anything that will actually happen. You never know. Like @Mendes4Lyfe said once, "A broken clock is right twice a day

Wow, we are quoting Mendes. Sad times undeed.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Forgive me for saying it, but I see we have another five to six pages of the same daily nonsense.
    Simply put there is no news until EON give it to us. And that's not happened yet.
    All I see in here is the daily speculation from 'the media' (and I use that term loosely) and bookmakers (who's business it is too make money)
    By all means jump for joy at this BS, lose the plot over comments that mean nothing. The only reason I even venture into this thread is to make sure nothing too stupid is going on.
    I'll just sit back and wait for some official news. Carry on.

l0K4gbbXgBb1v4l32.gif

:)) :)

I think that was supposed to be the surprise twist at the end. The film ends, the Great Martian War is over, and then cut to Daniel Craig sleeping on a couch in his office and Fiennes' M standing in the doorway. "Wake up, Double-oh Seven. We have work to do!"

"Sorry, sir."

:)
    That will definitely be sitting on the nerves of someone. :))
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I think I'll be waiting for the next week, but not with high expectations. Just to see if there's anything that will actually happen. You never know. Like @Mendes4Lyfe said once, "A broken clock is right twice a day

Well, with all due respect, if you don't like what you see, you could simply ignore the post and move on.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thank you, @Benny.
    It is at least easy to skim thru these days. No news yet.
  • re: Barbara Broccoli saying Hugh Jackman was "too fey" to play Bond. Does anyone have a date (even if it's just a year) when this happened? Any specific source?

The reason I ask is I've seen people on James Bond message boards say that (citing how Jackman has performed in musicals). But I've never seen a quote attributed to Broccoli to that effect.
    I think there's a better chance Elvis Presley faked his death, is still alive, and at 81 he'll be announced as the new Bond than an announcement will be made next week.
    I think Finlay Light has a better chance of being the next Bond than the possibility Aidan Turner will be announced next week.
    If I'm wrong, that would be great because it would prove us all wrong in assuming a 2018/2019 release and the new film should be out next year.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do rather hope it is someone not on the current media radar. After Craig does one more. That's just what I want.

Woah! 1/2 odds. Simply incredible. If it doesn't happen, this will be the closet any actor has gotten to becoming Bond, without becoming Bond. The public clearly wants it.

Um, no. Hiddleston was at 1/4 at William Hill in the middle of May, and 1/6 on Tuesday, before slipping back to 6/5 the day WH refused to take a £30,000 bet on him.

http://www.williamhillplc.com/media/newsroom/media-releases/2016/30-000-bet-requested-on-hiddleston-odds-cut-on-female-bond/

This is just Metro putting a quote from one "source" together with today's odds, and trying to make fetch happen. I doubt there will be an announcement in the next couple of weeks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Craig doing another would be pretty low on my list of desirable options at this point. Once they're in it solely for the money (Connery, Moore, and already Craig) it shows and the result is a half-assed performance.

Craig meant that money comment (if he actually even made it, since it circulated in printed media) about as much as he did the wrist-slashing remark.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Daniel Craig screws with interviews all the time.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Am I the only one who thinks he often looks better in interviews than in the actual films?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Here's a bit of click bait to satisfy the Craig lovers. I don't necessarily agree, but their rationale cannot be faulted.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/05/daniel-craig-return-james-bond-tom-hiddleston-jamie-bell-1201682322/
    Good analysis by the article.
    You don't agree but their rationale can't be faulted. Not sure what you are saying.
    Anyway it does seem that this process might be dragged out to accodate Craig. C'est la vie. Sigh.
    So much for getting right to work on a new Bond shortly after the previous one ended.
    Guess those days are gone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To quote Dan in the video: "You shouldn't believe what you read on the internet."

Some valuable words to live by for a select few here...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

To quote Dan in the video: "You shouldn't believe what you read on the internet."

Well, I just read this on the internet; so does that mean SHOULD believe what I read on the internet? :P

Just my personal preference as I really don't like longer than needed waits between films, if Craig's schedule is going to hold things up, then get cracking on re-casting and get moving on the next film.
    I would cast the next actor as young as possible.
    Ideally 28-30 and milk his best years
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    talos7 wrote: »

Well, I just read this on the internet; so does that mean SHOULD believe what I read on the internet? :P

I throw my lot in with the common sense brigade, so I think you're safe following our lead, @talos7. ;) We're the anti-media manipulation task force fighting the internet's worst offenders and biggest victims/fools on its home turf.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    This will amount to nothing.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote: »

Chortle.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Somewhere, Iron Eyes Cody sympathizes with your dilemma.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Craig doing another would be pretty low on my list of desirable options at this point. Once they're in it solely for the money (Connery, Moore, and already Craig) it shows and the result is a half-assed performance.

Craig meant that money comment (if he actually even made it, since it circulated in printed media) about as much as he did the wrist-slashing remark.

Some wont let go and will insist of taking it as true till the end. Its what they apparently want to believe, so they do and no amount of appied logic regarding that, seem to change a thing.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    So until the announcement of Bond 25 arrives, why not we can play some music; like Mozart.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    So until the announcement of Bond 25 arrives, why not we can play some music; like Mozart.

....or Its a Small World After All..
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Or some Bachman–Turner Overdrive

;)