Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The Last of Us' was so hyped up for me for years, and when I finally got my hands on the Remastered edition on the PS4, it certainly didn't disappoint. The overall story + gameplay makes it one of the greatest gaming experiences I think I've ever had.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Currently powering my way through Uncharted 4.
    Definitely a masterpiece.... it made me finally stop playing Phantom Pain for a while! ;)

2751251-9131702088-ebzxf.gif

Can I just say I find it hilarious watching Nathan climb like a crazy person yet I can't even make it to the top of the wall at the Renaissance Festival? LOL

Wow this looks great. Damn shame they didn't make this for PS3 for all users to play, same goes for Batman. Can't justify buying a PS4 for only a few games.

@WillardWhyte, Uncharted 4 wouldn't have been possible on the PS3. It's tech was too limited, but now with the current gen capabilities of the PS4, ND can do crazy, never before seen things in the video games medium that make what they've done in the past look like child's play.

I'm almost finished up with Uncharted 3, then after that 4 owns me. I already put the disc in and ran the updates too.

It could have worked on PS3, just like MGS5.

The problem with Phantom Pain, was that it's world was too big, with too little to do, and too much repetition.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Definitely a masterpiece.... it made me finally stop playing Phantom Pain for a while! ;)

Can I just say I find it hilarious watching Nathan climb like a crazy person yet I can't even make it to the top of the wall at the Renaissance Festival? LOL

Wow this looks great. Damn shame they didn't make this for PS3 for all users to play, same goes for Batman. Can't justify buying a PS4 for only a few games.

@WillardWhyte, Uncharted 4 wouldn't have been possible on the PS3. It's tech was too limited, but now with the current gen capabilities of the PS4, ND can do crazy, never before seen things in the video games medium that make what they've done in the past look like child's play.

I'm almost finished up with Uncharted 3, then after that 4 owns me. I already put the disc in and ran the updates too.

The problem with Phantom Pain, was that it's world was too big, with too little to do, and too much repetition.

I am talking graphically. Everybody has their own taste is games, and that is fine. But come on, Uncharted and Batman could/should have been released on PS3 as well.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I am talking graphically. Everybody has their own taste is games, and that is fine. But come on, Uncharted and Batman could/should have been released on PS3 as well.

As someone who hasn't yet bought a PS4, and is still using their PS3, I can't disagree with you. Especially with Uncharted 4, what with being a fan of the series.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'The Last of Us' was so hyped up for me for years, and when I finally got my hands on the Remastered edition on the PS4, it certainly didn't disappoint. The overall story + gameplay makes it one of the greatest gaming experiences I think I've ever had.

As I was reading your post I thought you were about to say the game failed to live up to the hype and what you were expecting. "phew"

It is indeed a fantastic game and one of the best gaming experiences.

@doubleoego, it did seem like it was headed that way, didn't it? And usually, that's how it goes for me: what everyone else loves, I find overhyped and not as enjoyable, but not this. It blew me away.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, I am often the same way. There's been plenty of times in the past where it seemed like everyone in the world was having a party over one thing or another, and I just didn't get what all the fuss was about.
    @Creasy47, I am often the same way. There's been plenty of times in the past where it seemed like everyone in the world was having a party over one thing or another, and I just didn't get what all the fuss was about.

Absolutely! Isn't terribly fun being in that minority when everyone else is having fun, either, but it happens. I was happy that wasn't the case with this game, though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I must say, folks, it's going to be hard playing any game after Uncharted 4. Just started it today, and let me tell you, I'm blown away. I knew it would be good, as it's NaughtyDog, but it's so overwhelming in how satisfying it is to me.

The other games deal with interesting themes and the characters grow interestingly alongside each other, but Uncharted 4 takes this all to another level. We now see these characters older, sometimes wiser, sometimes not, and find out how they've been in the years since Drake's Deception, how they've changed and how they've stayed the same. I've adored these games from the very beginning, and all the sweet little winks to the past games that ND have placed into the game are beautiful to behold. I took thirty minutes going through Nate and Elena's home just looking at all the trinkets from the past Drake had collected as I gradually found out what they'd been doing with their lives since the last game.

It's interesting to see Drake's home and how he's dealing with the mostly boring life he's been wrestled into living, and seeing him cope with not having any more adventures to get his blood pumping. He was born for a storm, and this calm is clearly unsuitable for his temperament.

The controls are the best they've ever been in this game, the technical aspects are the best I've ever seen, truly groundbreaking, and it's all of what you want from an Uncharted game, taken even bigger and more mature and adult in many ways.

I'm at chapter 8 right now, and I've got to say, after playing chapters 6 and 7, NaughtyDog have my stamp of approval for doing a James Bond game. For those that have played that far into the game, you know what I mean. ;)

If you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to buy this game and experience its wonders. If you're an Uncharted fan, it's a must-must-buy. If you have an XBOX or PC...convert?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 12,837
    I'm enjoying Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare very much. The story is interesting, after a brilliant opening you get sent straight into another globe trotting Micheal Bay film. The futuristic aspect works well, the exo suit is a fun tool to use. The highway chase was great. The idea of a pmc furthuring terrorism so they can respond to it and become one of the worlds greatest military superpowers is a clever one imo. Wouldn't mind the Bond films using a similar plot.

Overall I'm enjoying this more than Ghosts and way way more than Black Ops 2, I would say it's the best since Modern Warfare 3 (my personal favourite of the series).

I have no interest in Black Ops 3. Black Ops 2 was awful imo and from what I can tell, the movement is a clunkier version of Titanfall. The new one looks interesting though. Although they can get fucked if they think I'm paying £67 for it (oh, my mistake, it comes with a "remake" of the original Modern Warfare, a game I already own, but yeah I'll definitely pay another £30 to own it with better graphics, it's a stupid idea imo).

This year I'm excited for Titanfall 2 (the original is fantastic, it's my go to multiplayer shoot em up, COD for single player Titanfall for multiplayer is my preference, never been much for Battlefield) and Dishonoured 2 (the first is one of my favourites of all time). As well as FIFA obviously. The lack of Assassin's Creed this year is a bit disheartening but I suppose there's the movie, which I'm tempering my expectations for because I want it to be good but don't want to be disappointed.
    This is the first time I believe I've ever seen someone say MW3 is their favorite of the series. That's one of my least favorites, and nothing will ever beat CoD2 or MW1 for me. WAW, CoD3, and MW2 are some of my other favorite entries, though after BO1, the series went horribly downhill.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This is the first time I believe I've ever seen someone say MW3 is their favorite of the series. That's one of my least favorites, and nothing will ever beat CoD2 or MW1 for me. WAW, CoD3, and MW2 are some of my other favorite entries, though after BO1, the series went horribly downhill.

MW1 was great and a real breath of fresh air at the time but I prefer MW3 due to how much more bombastic it was. Both to me are great games.

MW2 on the other hand... I liked the Red Dawny US invasion stuff. That was fun. But the "No Russian" level put a really sour taste in my mouth. Like it just seemed really distasteful in this sort of game. That sort of half arsed, distasteful attempt at adding depth and gravity is also what sunk Black Ops 2 for me.

The series is at its best when it just goes all out and embraces what it is imo. A big dumb globe trotting OTT action film. Modern Warfare 3 did this perfectly. So many fun memorable setpieces, and quite inventive at times too. The all out war in the center of New York, the shootout on the plane, the jeep chase through the London underground, the eifel tower falling down, etc. It was all so ridiculous and fun. They really went all out in terms of scope and scale with that one. Thought it was a good ending for the two main characters (Soap and Captain Price) too.
    I think what really suffered the most with the latter CoD installments were the maps: we had some of the greatest FPS maps in the earlier games, but over time, they became bigger and bigger, with too many traversible areas, different paths and ways to flank, etc. That, in turn, makes it impossible to defend, and is the cause for some horrible, horrible spawns, something I'm surprised they've yet to get nailed down after all these years.
    How are you coming along on Uncharted @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7? I beat it and there are some very fun unlockables in store which will add lots of replay value (as if it didn't already have that!)

Anyone playing DOOM? I'm finding it more fun than the last several Call of Duty games, but I'm playing on super easy and it's still kicking my ass, lol
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Anyone playing DOOM? I'm finding it more fun than the last several Call of Duty games, but I'm playing on super easy and it's still kicking my ass, lol

This is either an indicator that Doom is an amazing game, or that you're a shitty gamer. Either way, "more fun than the last several COD games" suggests only that it's a game rather than a repackaged expansion pack to COD 2.
    @Master_Dahark, I completed about two chapters of the game a day over the course of a week, so as not to make it end too quickly, and thankfully it really is a massive game. I think it took me close to 20 hours my first playthrough, because I was so exploration happy and just kind of wanted to savor every moment. Needless to say I loved it and completely bawled my eyes out when it was over. Truly one of the greatest gaming experiences I'll ever have, and such a rewarding send-off to some of my favorite characters.

Getting into the multiplayer right now, and having a good enough time. I hate all the mysticals, sidekicks and other garbage players can use as crutches in the matches, however. I'm waiting for Naughty Dog to include a game mode that's classic Uncharted, with just guns and grenades, and no other stuff. Survival would be nice to see back too, as it's my favorite mode in the Uncharted multiplayers, for both 2 and 3.
    Kinect Sports Rivals had quite a lot of fun with this on XBox One, bowling is quite addictive and a step up from Bowling on the Wii.
    Just finished 'Uncharted 4.' Beautiful game with a lot of cool moments, but I found the ending to be both aggravating and disappointing after all the hours I had sunk into it, and I think this would've been more enjoyable as a straight forward adventure game; didn't care for a lot of the shootouts, and got burnt out quickly on the bullet sponge enemies. Overall, though, pretty fun.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Did anyone play the Marrakesh level of the recent Hitman game? So far, this game is proving to be the best installment in the series.
    @ClarkDevlin, I have it downloaded, but I wanted to finish up 'Uncharted 4' before jumping into it, because I know I'll sink a lot of time into this new level. Can't wait.
    @Creasy47, I found the ending to Uncharted 4 so emotionally satisfying. I know some expected
    a character to die, but that just isn't really the Uncharted way. I think the ending stayed true to the series, and the shock and awe of playing as Nate and Elena's kid made tears spill from my eyes.

I thought the ending couldn't have been better, really. Over about ten minutes, you explore their family home and discover what all the characters have been up to since the pre-epilogue cutscene. Going through Nate's old artifacts from all his adventures was beautiful, as were the special themes that played from the specific game the objects appeared in originally. As someone who has been a fan of the series from the start, it really solidified that you were with Nate on all his greatest journeys, and faced it all beside him.

The final shot being a photo of Nate as a boy (and his small beginnings) juxtaposed with a shot of his adult self going on an adventure (achieving greatness) was beyond beautiful to me, and gave credence to the very motto Nate always tried to live up to, and finally did in his own special way. I was so satisfied and proud to see all my favorite characters living the lives they had wanted to all along, and simply being happy and safe. I haven't gotten that emotional over a game since Red Dead.
    That wasn't the ending I meant, I'm talking about before where you:
    Nonchalantly come across the treasure you spent dozens of hours and missions attempting to find, only to not acquire it all, and to sit through an awful QTE boss fight. If there's one thing that kills the momentum in a game for me, it's any QTE, so replaying it a few times because the game decides to cheat you just made me more and more furious and kind of took away from the momentum building over the last few levels. I did think the epilogue was great, but for the actual finale, I was pretty disappointed.
    I haven't played Skyrim (PS3) for a couple of weeks, so I jumped back in. 40 hours of gameplay, and still my journey is taking one turn after another. 25 years a gamer, and this has been one of the most immersive experiences I have had, and I have not even finished the game yet. The more that I play, the more people I meet, places I visit, and aspects of the game open up.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Doom 64 EX
    This is a fan created PC port of the N64 classic. It looks the same but it's been given a revamp with new features such as mouse looking and jumping abilities added. It's fantastic.
    Did anyone play the Marrakesh level of the recent Hitman game? So far, this game is proving to be the best installment in the series.

I'm playing it, but for some reason I liked Paris and Sapienza a lot better.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    jackdagger wrote: »

Because the first two levels had fancy and luxurious settings. ;)

And they both can be easily converted into a James Bond video game level by just replacing 47 with 007. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jackdagger wrote: »

And they both can be easily converted into a James Bond video game level by just replacing 47 with 007. ;)

Hah, yes, that... but also Marrakesh seems a little more linear. And although the marketplace is huge, there's less areas to explore.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just recently played Stardew Valley and Black Mesa. Way too many rocks to clean up on my farm in Stardew, way too many headcrabs to kill in Black Mesa.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

i liked the first two levels a bit more as well, but i still see a lot of Bond in it, just differenct aspects. The Marrakesh level is pure Living Daylights, when Bond is send to kill Pushkin.