No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Posted in the next Bond thread:

The next Bond is not who you expect according to Sam Mendes
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/29/next-james-bond-will-not-who-expect-sam-mendes-tom-hiddleston

Michael Bay and Danny DeVito confirmed for director and new Bond actor, respectively.
    I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrist than to have Michael Bay and Danny DeVito as director and James Bond, respectively.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    With Bruce Jenner as the leading lady.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm just glad and more excited about who the new director is more than I am who the next Bond actor will be. Can't wait for more news and details.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think this video with Jamie Bell, clean shaven with neat hair, I could see a potential Bond.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He's got a bit of a Sean Harris look going on imho.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ok ok ...umm let's see... first Jenner might be better than Berry ...and Devito might be taller than Bell but far less of a dancer. :-?

...I didn't realize casting Bond was so hard. Especially since all the white British male actors 6ft plus 30 plus whom don't resemble a rat have gone into hiding.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm just glad and more excited about who the new director is more than I am who the next Bond actor will be. Can't wait for more news and details.

I agree with this. The director is what I'm excited about. That and the writer(s).
    Any word on who's doing the Catering ? :D

A new director along with a new Bond, hopefully they'll pull out all the stops
    for an epic movie.

I agree with this. The director is what I'm excited about. That and the writer(s).

Me too. BUT I'm holding my breath on the writers. Until I hear that Logan is not involved and that P&W are now cleaning toilets in Ireland I won't rest.

I never want the hear the names Logan and P&W even spoken in the same sentence as Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Any word on who's doing the Catering ? :D

A new director along with a new Bond, hopefully they'll pull out all the stops
    for an epic movie.
    My insider tells me it will be Craft Services. Take it with a grain of salt.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Me too. BUT I'm holding my breath on the writers. Until I hear that Logan is not involved and that P&W are now cleaning toilets in Ireland I won't rest.

I never want the hear the names Logan and P&W even spoken in the same sentence as Bond.

:)) I agree 100%.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

:)) I agree 100%.

:D ...thanks.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    They swapped out the main writers for GE, and it was super fresh imho. That's the sort of feeling I'm hoping for the next time I watch a Bond film.
    Why can't he pick up Craig's "mission"? It's still the same character, so it's possible.
    If it's a new actor, I feel as if they're better off abandoning SPECTRE and Blofeld for the time being and starting off with a standalone story.

Why. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and Blofeld have just been introduced.... Why getting rid of it so soon again? Only because...of a new actor? Bond is bigger than any actor who plays Bond.
    Given how Spectre was very handy in the 60s to be the bad guys, so
    Bond didn't have to get involved in real world politics. I think the
    same applies today. Keep Spectre, as the villains :)
    Why can't he pick up Craig's "mission"? It's still the same character, so it's possible.
    If it's a new actor, I feel as if they're better off abandoning SPECTRE and Blofeld for the time being and starting off with a standalone story.

Why. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and Blofeld have just been introduced.... Why getting rid of it so soon again? Only because...of a new actor? Bond is bigger than any actor who plays Bond.
    There's a heavy level of continuity in the Craig era. Waltz's rendition of Blofeld has a very significant relationship with Craig's Bond, a character they have been establishing for 4 films. It just wouldn't seem natural to introduce a new actor to continue the penultimate story of Craig's arc. EoN have said on numerous occasions that they do not like to plan ahead. They chose to re-introduce SPECTRE and Blofeld at this late a stage, and now they have to face the consequences if DC decides not to return. That's why its better to hold off the re-appearance of the organization and its leader for a future film.
    They could use the old idea, of an escaping Blofeld. Having to have plastic
    surgery to disappear and the chance for another actor to play Blofeld ?
    Sure it's a lazy idea, but they've done it before ;)

Blofeld's escape could make a great PTS. I'd still prefer a standalone, though.
    They could have the next film as a stand alone adventure, then with the
    Next have a PTS of Blofeld escaping. With a bit of a break, may be all that's
    needed to explain a different actor if Waltz doesn't want to return.
    These days with tv actors being changed several times in a series, I don't
    think the average cinema goer, would care much. Just accept that "Named actor"
    was now Blofeld.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883

It would sort of be too reminiscent of LTK perhaps, with Madeline standing in for Della, assuming they go the revenge route. I'd really prefer they don't do that, because it is a bit predictable imho. I too would prefer a standalone.

If they want a twist, do an apparent standalone which concludes with it being SPECTRE behind it all along, and then have Blofeld appear & escape at the end of the film, leaving it on a cliffhanger for B26.
    I'd be quite happy if they just forgot about Madeline, Bond has finished many a
    film with a lovely lady, then she never gets another mention ;)
    bondjames wrote: »

It would sort of be too reminiscent of LTK perhaps, with Madeline standing in for Della, assuming they go the revenge route. I'd really prefer they don't do that, because it is a bit predictable imho. I too would prefer a standalone.

If they want a twist, do an apparent standalone which concludes with it being SPECTRE behind it all along, and then have Blofeld appear & escape at the end of the film, leaving it on a cliffhanger for B26.
    Plus, they've already done that with QoS. It would be a mistake to go down that route again.
    bondjames wrote: »

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of either Bond or the villain having a personal vendetta as their motivation. LTK, GE, TWINE, DAD, SF. They've kind of milking that idea dry. Having Madeline return just to die and provide Bond with motivation is the laziest option in my opinion. Especially after Vesper.
    I'd much rather have her leave Bond than to die.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'd much rather have her leave Bond than to die.

Absolutely! Give her the Tiffany treatment.
    Bond meets the love of his live, but she dumps him, so he tracks down Blofeld to take his mind off it.
    I still maintain they should do one of two things

1. Set bond 25 a few years after Spectre and have either Craig or the new bond visit swann's grave

2. Go with the cliched Spectre kidnaps swann force bond to do something swann dies bond goes on revenge 2 film sceneario
    It was either that or take up basket weaving.
    It was either that or take up basket weaving.

Or brass rubbings.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I don't think there is much that they could come up with that in some way won't be compared to something in a previous outing. now that doesn't mean that a great, original, premise can't be done, but no matter what it is there will be aspects, beyond what is established Bond canon, of it that will be called similar, or a rip off, of a previous film.