No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t know. Is it confirmed?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm confused?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We can't please everyone, can we? :D
    We have people everywhere
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm up for a change. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Thank God!!!~ Finally good news. I like Mendes but no more for Bond.

• edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Let's hope he sticks to it this time. Skyfall was good, but it was clear he said everything he needed to say with regards to Bond in that one.

edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Interesting that Mendes says Babs makes the call about a Bond actor. Not MGM, not the distributor apparently, but Babs herself.
    Yeah that's sort of confirming what was suspected, Babs runs the show. Which isn't to say studios and executives can't put their own 2 cents in, or suggest actors she hadn't considered etc.
    The fact that he's mentioning it seems to imply they are looking into it. Was this a slip? I'm sure he's in the know.
    Didn't the studios put pressure on Cubby about Dalton ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Its a matriarchy over at EON? Guess Bond has a female M after all. B-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Didn't the studios put pressure on Cubby about Dalton ?

Apparently Picker wanted Dalton replaced and he had a lot of clout at the time.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The fact that he's mentioning it seems to imply they are looking into it. Was this a slip? I'm sure he's in the know.

Possibly yeah, it does hint that he knows they're searching, though its hard to tell without the full interview. But then again if Craig wakes up tomorrow morning and thinks, yeah, maybe I want to do another one, then he's doing another one.
    I'd expect Barbara to have a lot of clout, eon is her family business after all. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    I'd expect Barbara to have a lot of clout, eon is her family business after all. ;)

Barbara is incredibly smart and massively underrated amongst Bond fans.
    I too think she's an exceptionally smart lady. =D>
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    RC7 wrote: »

Yea MGW is smart too. I don't think underrated but not all fans agree with her choices.

If we did then no one would hate QoS and DAD.

Hey, where the heck is @Wizard?

Ultimately the audience have the last word. If it sucks then we won't watch it.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,756
    I'm glad Mendes isn't coming back, but I appreciate what he's tried to do with Skyfall and Spectre. I think it's quite an exciting time to be a Bond fan, we're going to get something very new and different this time around; and we literally have no idea what.
    Then again she's the one investing the money, so she gets to make the choices. ;)
    I'm glad Mendes isn't coming back, but I appreciate what he's tried to do with Skyfall and Spectre. I think it's quite an exciting time to be a Bond fan, we're going to get something very new and different this time around; and we literally have no idea what.

I agree with that. I loved SF.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I never once doubted Barbara or Michael. Sure, they've made mistakes in the past, but they like anybody else grow because of those mistakes.

And quite attractive to she has nice...ear lobes ;)
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,512
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Yea MGW is smart too. I don't think underrated but not all fans agree with her choices.

I don't think MGW ever gets stick, though. If you can find evidence to suggest otherwise I'd love to see it. On the flip side I've seen a lot of bile directed at Barbara. Neither of them can get it right every time, but in the grand scheme of things their track record is pretty impressive. They've made bad calls over the years, but they've also made fantastic ones. That's life.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't think MGW ever gets stick, though. If you can find evidence to suggest otherwise I'd love to see it. On the flip side I've seen a lot of bile directed at Barbara. Neither of them can get it right every time, but in the grand scheme of things their track record is pretty impressive. They've made bad calls over the years, but they've also made fantastic ones. That's life.
    Exactly. It's not like Cubby's reign was smooth sailing either. Neither him or Harry get any flack either. Nobody's perfect.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

True. Goodness knows I've occasionally made mistakes.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Exactly. It's not like Cubby's reign was smooth sailing either. Neither him or Harry get any flack either. Nobody's perfect.

Agreed.

The one bit of criticism that I would level at the current EON regime is that there isn't a great amount of consistency. Their highs (CR, QoS, SF) are great but their lows (TWINE, DAD, SP) represent some of the worst films in the franchise. With them, you're either going to get a terrific film or you're going to get something rather poor.

That, however, is a sign of filmmakers attempting to take chances and swing for the fences. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I wouldn't mind a bit more consistency out of them, but that's something that could come if they could ever find a decent screenwriter to take the creative reigns of the franchise.

Need new blood to helm, good news Mendes has gone. :-bd
    It is clear that Mendes used up all his creative juices on his two films. I was impressed with both SF and SP, but we're due for new creative blood at the helm.