007 Nightfire Appreciation

Comments

• Just played this afternoon, brought out the old Xbox and fired it up. Classic game. It almost makes the space setting believable unlike MR did and each level is great with awesome characters and settings. The Multiplayer is fun even when you're alone with the bots. My favourite.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was always a bit disappointed by the launch center, the next to last mission. Though the decomissioned nuclear facility level was always my favorite.
  • My favourite was either the Exchange (second mission) or Night Shift. I felt that the first half of the game was better than the second but the Nuclear facility level was a good one, especially the sniping moments.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    What is the Bond film which has the Atlantis Underwater base? I'd want to see this movie.

Not sure if you knew this already, but the Sub Pen from Nightfire is also in The Spy Who Loved Me, so you'll recoginize two maps easily!

Haha I didn't know that one! Thanks for the update :) sure i'll recognize them :)
    Just played this afternoon, brought out the old Xbox and fired it up. Classic game. It almost makes the space setting believable unlike MR did and each level is great with awesome characters and settings. The Multiplayer is fun even when you're alone with the bots. My favourite.

Welcome to the club! I love Nightfire as well. It's easily the #1 best Bond video game of all time. Agreed completely on the multiplayer. I too played it today, as I do quite frequently, and I love actually getting to play multiplayer without having to have a friend over or begging my brother. I think more Bond games should use the AI Bot system, and with today's video game advances, it might be a really fun challenge! I still enjoy NF's bots, but they are extremely easy to figure out and beat. Another thing that NF got right was plenty of Bond villains! I was glad to see that GE Reloaded followed in NF's footsteps and added more villains and their weapons.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited December 2011 Posts: 2,635
    I can't understand how they did the planet on the last mission. If that was an image, or a big-great as hell Sphere with the Earth texture, but the representation of the planet is just awesome! They did a very good job out there.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Probably just an image. Try doing a no-clip on the last level (if there's a no-clip console command).
    I mean, on the PS2 version.
  • We should start some sort of campaign to get nightfire re-released, with brosnans voice and likeness, in HD for 2013
    Well Idk if Brosnan would like to do it. He seems to avoid remembering he was a 007 one day, at some interviews he does...
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Well Idk if Brosnan would like to do it. He seems to avoid remembering he was a 007 one day, at some interviews he does...

I just don't want them to replace him and ruin it like they did with goldeneye. I don't think nightfire is suited to craig, but maybe bring back another bond if they can't get brosnan. Maybe moore or dalton (connery already had one game so he doesn't need another)
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I just don't want them to replace him and ruin it like they did with goldeneye. I don't think nightfire is suited to craig, but maybe bring back another bond if they can't get brosnan. Maybe moore or dalton (connery already had one game so he doesn't need another)

Me neither. Craig's not bad, but Nightfire belongs to Brosnan.
    I will agree with that.
  • Nightfire was just great...as a matter a fact, im going to play it now lol
  • Good idea on that campaign to get it remade by the way!
  • Nightfire is my second favorite. Everything or Nothing still holds the top spot for me. I love the single player and coop modes. The best thing about Nightfire is the multiplayer. It is my favorite multiplayer, its just so much damn fun! My friends and I would play it for hours on end back in the day.
  • Ive played earlier today after my last post and I really think that whilst some don't like it, the Brosnan likeness with the dubbed voice works in the game, just the type of Bond you would expect in my opinion.
    I just wish that Brosnan actually signed on to do the voice. It would have made the game 100% better.
    I just wish that Brosnan actually signed on to do the voice. It would have made the game 100% better.

I do agree that if would have been even better, but the guy who did the voice did a pretty good job. I wasn't too disappointed when I figured out that Brosnan's voice was actually different, since I watched a Brosnan Bond after playing NF. Good thing they got the likeness spot-on, since that's the most important part. You actually feel like Brosnan's Bond in NF.
    00Beast wrote:

I do agree that if would have been even better, but the guy who did the voice did a pretty good job.

He did a good job, but his voice would have been better suited to an original looking Bond, or a Dalton likeness.
    Enemies Vanquished=greatest 007 car level of all time!
    Phoenix Fire=greatest 007 shoot-out level of all time!
    Countdown=greatest fight with henchman (Rook) level of all time!
    I'm sorry, I disagree.

Greatest 007 car level=Blood Stone's final level
    Greatest 007 shootout=Quantum of Solace's opening (PS3 version)
    Greatest fight with henchman=Red Grant in FRWL
    I'm sorry, I disagree.

Well, I do prefer Blood Stone's driving over Nightfire's simply because of its better graphics and more realistic driving, but I love using the Vanquish's arsenal of gadgets and the entire Enemies Vanquished level is just so intense and fast-paced that I like it a little better. As for the shoot-outs, Phoenix Fire is so frantic and big-scale that it trumps others, but I do think that those in Quantum of Solace and Blood Stone easily rival some of Nightfire's.
    I got tired of the gadget-laden cars after awhile. Blood Stone's driving was a breath of fresh air. I do still wish, however, that Bond could have at least leaned out the side and shot off his P99 or something.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Any of u homies like agent under fire?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    DCisared wrote:
    Any of u homies like agent under fire?
    The first Bond game I played, actually. I think my favorite Bond video game of the early 2000's is From Russia With Love though, mainly because of the film it's based on. My ranking of the Bond games from 2000-2005 goes like this;

1. From Russia With Love
    2. Agent Under Fire
    3. Nightfire
    4. Everything or Nothing
    5. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (Very underrated Bond game, but I like the other games more than it.)

I never played 007 Racing or The World Is Not Enough, so I didn't include them.
    I'm sorry, I disagree.

Greatest 007 car level: Nightfire, the paris PTS.

Greatest 007 shootout: Goldeneye, towards the end of the facility level when you're outside.

Greatest fight with henchman: The jaws fight on the train in EON. It's the shock value more than anything, you're just strolling through the level and HOLY CRAP ITS JAWS!!!
    007 Racing is awesome, and so does TWINE. Mainly the N64 one, the PS1 version is not so good.
    Agent Under Fire is what got me interested in Bond. Played it at a friends house all the time.

Then we both got Nightfire...and I was blown away by it. Started playing all the other games (TWINE, TND, Goldeneye) and I was hooked. Started watching the films and well...the rest was history.

The great thing about Nightfire is the sense of Bond style in the gameplay. Agent Under Fire was fun, but was too much of a generic shooter (Goldenye:Reloaded has the same problem). Although EON is my favorite Bond game, Nightfire will be my favorite Bond FPS
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    The bond games I have owned ,
    007 racing
    Agent under fire
    From Russia with love
    And Bloodstone
    I have all thoroughly enjoyed. Agent under fire holds a close spot to my heart as it was my first ps2 game and at the time I actually thought it was magical all though I hated the fact bond was voiced by some random fella.
    I never played night fire or everything or nothing to my regret :(.