The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

bondjames wrote: »

jamesbond-xlarge.jpg

I have to say this is thoroughly awful. He looks like he's on the way to a Chav wedding.

He looks like he's soaked.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

jamesbond-xlarge.jpg

I have to say this is thoroughly awful. He looks like he's on the way to a Chav wedding.

He looks like he's soaked.

Him or his clothes?
    I agree with you @PussyNoMore. I think they were trying to give him an Italian mobster look or something. Not my favourite look from him at all.
    One of my major wishes for B25 is that Jamy Temime is sacked.

It is amazing how quickly the 'Spectre' image and wardrobe has aged.
    I'm sure it will become a testimony to the importance of not following fashion.
    I've never been a fan of Craig's off screen dress sense. For me he always succeeds in looking like the oldest teenager in town and he seems like he has transported this into his Bond supporter.
    As a relative newcomer, I read through this thread and with the exception of bondjames and a few other stalwarts, it was quite shocking how many posters appeared to have undergone a style bypass.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just my opinion ... I think Craig looks great in every film and certainly has a good wardrobe in all. However, for me the suits in SF were a bit too tight, Spectre not so much. Though I don't consider Spectre's suits fitting him as smoothly as I'd like, it is less a factor than in Skyfall. Actually, it is not any factor in my enjoyment of the film. But this is the wardrobe thread ... I like the overall styles, though, very much.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Craigs outfit at the abandoned train station, at Le Americaine or in the Austria sequence is the best clothing I've ever seen in a Bond movie. Craig looks spectacular.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    He looks spectacular in some shots, for sure.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't know how more aren't in agreement about his suits in SP being too tight. He looks like he's going to tear through his clothes once he lands on the couch during the PTS, and didn't someone mention yesterday that apparently his pants ripped during a scene he was shooting? The suits DO look nice, and he still has an assortment of terrific outfits in the film, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't negate the fact that they're way too tight to be worn by a secret agent engaging in lots of physical activity.
    If you fall down a collapsing building and land in a sofa your clothes will not exactly be on place I think.
    It's not about them being "on place," it's the fact that his suit is obviously way too tight, no matter whether he was sitting or standing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I noticed it when he was walking on the roof. The overhead shot.

Oh well, it's obviously what he wants because I see him wearing that kind of suit cut personally too, including the buttoned down collar which also doesn't work too well with his frame, at least imho. The QoS look was perfect for his build.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    But that's so 2008.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Yarp, his suits in QoS are superb. Not a fan of the tight fitted look, although it was better in SP than in SF.

My fav suit from SP was this little number, the navy blue at SPECTRE's HQ -

http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/category/the-films/spectre/page/2/
    I was very happy to see that particular outfit featured a good bit in SP. I saw some BTS photos of Bond wearing that, and I loved the look of it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    spectre-91.png?w=590

spectre-92.png

Crikey.
    The look on his face and his posture in that second photo screams "Did the suits really need to be THIS tight?!"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    He should have unbuttoned it at least.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I too am not really Bond of Bond's fashion in Spectre, his best look imo was the cabin outfit -- which was fitting. Solden jacket, a fit too fashion-y. Also the glasses were pointless as he wasn't wearing them. Always like to see Craig in his classic polo and chinos, which is one of my favourite outfits.

I think QoS is one of the best dressed Bond movies as well. Bond is formal when he needs to be, and doesn't try too hard -- his suits are minimalist and fitting. His casual clothes are also fantastic: polo, jacket, jeans... this is what Bond should be wearing out in the field in a non-formal setting. So why Daniel Craig changes his outfit 5+ times in one mission is silly, especially in a full suit to see Oberhauser.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I think the suit in the pre title of SP looks great to be honest.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bumping this. Let's talk about Bond's future wardrobe.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No ill-fitting suits!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    No ill-fitting suits!

That's all I can ask for: that, and let's get Bond in some all black combat attire as he stealthily infiltrates some sort of HQ/building, please. Don't believe we've had anything remotely close to this happen in the entire Craig era (provided he returns, I mean).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If Craig returns, I'd love to see:

*More three-piece suits. My favorite item of Bond's wardrobe, and not something we see him wear much anymore. I loved the black striped three-piece suit Bond wears in SP while in Rome, and playing with a blue color palette for another three-piece suit in Bond 25 would really make Dan's eyes pop and make for a fine statement overall as he goes on his mission.

*The return of a polo shirt or two, a staple of the Craig era at this point; my favorite casual Bond attire. It doesn't feel like a Craig film without seeing him in at least one polo.

*Seeing Bond in tactical/stealth gear would be great; nice suggestion, @Creasy47. That kind of attire would also fit into my dream finale of Bond 25, with him and his fellow 00s storming Blofeld's castle in Japan to engage him in one final battle against all his remaining SPECTRE agents.

*It'd be great to see Bond in another leather jacket again, like he wears in CR's Miami sequence.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything else right now. I got my wish in SP to see Craig in a three-piece suit and a dinner jacket styled after the one Sean wears in GF's PTS, so I must say I've been spoiled. Two of the many items that SP scratched of my Bond wish-list.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,686
    liam%2Bneeson%2Bshoulders.jpg

Liam-Neeson-GQ-Magazine-April-2014-Tom-LOrenzo-Site-TLO-3.jpg
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    No ill-fitting suits!

Absolutely. This, more than anything else wardrobe-wise. It would require a new costume designer, and probably a new Bond actor.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Definitely more polo shirts, light jackets, even more use of leather. Peacoats. Dessert shoes.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I Always want this attire to bond when the final confrontation is about to commence
    like this

https://alanjporter.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/walther-w-a-2000-sniper-rifle.jpg
    I've always liked this one. It's more suitable for a sniper situation or something more discreet than a big fight though. "Bring the chair"
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Excellent article about how small changes can improve Bond's suits in Spectre:

http://www.bondsuits.com/correcting-fit-daniel-craigs-suit-spectre/
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    One of my go-to websites on all things Bond related.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited August 2017 Posts: 732
    QoS clothing in general is the best so far of fhe Craig era. The suits but especially the "casual" stuff like the Harrington Jacket and so on. But also all suits look awesome on him - he looked the best in this film, anyway (less bulky than in CR and more fit than SF and especially SP).

If Craig would want to go back to this kind of physicality, also the suits won't look that supertight anymore.