The X-Files Discussion Thread

Comments

Looking forward to seeing the finale, but sad that again we are at the end for now?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    This has not been great series by along shot, the only episode I really like was Were
    Monsters after that it's been quite embarassing really. We've yet to see episode 6 in the UK but I won't hold my breath

I hope they return with more focus but this mini series hasn't been at all good apart from the above mentioned.

I remember watching X-files when it first started but fell off the grid as it lost focus but remember in it's prime being unmissable televison. TV has become something so much more since X-files arrived and this half hearted attempt at a rival just won't do when the medium has elevated itself so much now. Back when it started we didn't have the level of shows, school report, definitely needs to try harder next time.

Anyway the real anticipated return is next year, Twin Peaks now that is something to get excited about especially with Lynch directing the whole thing. On a X-files related note rumours are that Duchovny might reprise his role as Denise Bryson the cross dressing FBI Agent.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I really liked the opening scenes from 1947, then it went downhill from there.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    At last The X-Files has been released in its entirety on Blu-ray:
    Needless to say, the picture and sound quality is brilliant.
    Also the artwork is beautiful, I love it.

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
  • Hmm. I remember the craze in the '90's about it, but I never got into it myself.
    I need that box.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I just recently bought the box set of The X Files Series 2 on DVD. Any recommendations for best episodes or should I just try watching it all the way through?
    Start at the beginning.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Start at the beginning.

Ditto.

Start at the beginning.

OK. I'll do that! :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I just recently bought the box set of The X Files Series 2 on DVD. Any recommendations for best episodes or should I just try watching it all the way through?

I'd watch it all of course, but here are the essential and/or best episodes:

2.1 Little Green Men (Essential)
    2.4 Sleepless
    2.5-2.6 Duane Barry/Ascension (Essential)
    2.8 One Breath IN MY PERSONAL TOP 10 OF ALL 9 SEASONS
    2.10 Red Museum
    2.14 Die Hand die verletzt
    2.16-2.17 Colony/End Game (Essential)
    2.20 Humbug (A fan favourite)
    2.25 Anasazi (Essential)
    That box set looks stunning!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    My daughter and are continuing our viewing of the entire series; we are on season 4. last night was the legendary, one banned, episode "Home" It is both horrific and haunting, brutal and beautiful, the cinematography is exceptional. This was one of the series' greatest episodes.
    Still got the majority of most recent show recorded on DVR (I have watched first two episodes) forgot I had it to watch need to make time to watch it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have to admit I was slightly underwhelmed with the new series, some good ideas
    but I think I'd built my hopes up too high.
    I have to admit I was slightly underwhelmed with the new series, some good ideas
    but I think I'd built my hopes up too high.

First episode felt forced and I did not believe in Mulders character motivations and decisions, the second episode was an improvement ill give the remainder of the series a go.

I did enjoy it, and do hope we get more ( I still have a massive crush on Gillian Anderson ) :x
    Gillian arguably looks hotter now, like her attitude pretty strong minded also.
    She was brilliant in the TV series Hannibal.
    Never seen that or the recent show she did, so many shows I need to catch up on.
    :D that's the beauty of Netflix or any streaming service, so many great programmes waiting
    To be watched.
    My list is endless of shows I need to catch up on. :-O
    On one stream found some old tv shows and one was Kolchak : The night stalker.
    which I'd always wanted to watch, as even Chris Carter sights it as a big influence
    in the making of the X Files. I think the actor even guested in a few episodes, even
    being called " The father of the x files" ( in the last few episodes one character wears
    the clothes Kolchak wore in his series )
    Only watched one episode and yes by modern standards it's slow moving, but it's a
    bit of tv history.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I have Netflix, Sky and Amazon Instant Video its overload, I have found many classic shows that I missed the end of. UK had or have still a bad habit of not renewing shows that are still running in USA for example. Its good to find such shows on Netflix etc.
    talos7 wrote: »
    My daughter and are continuing our viewing of the entire series; we are on season 4. last night was the legendary, one banned, episode "Home" It is both horrific and haunting, brutal and beautiful, the cinematography is exceptional. This was one of the series' greatest episodes.

That episode is horrible and I love it!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,727
    I bought the new event series DVD of six episodes on Thursday past in my local Tescos. Looking forward to watching them as I didn't see any of it on TV. I don't have Channel 5 on my FreeSat box currently.
    I recently bought the boxset with the entire series. Unfortunately the latest season was included.
    I have the whole series on Dvd. Snapped each season up individually.
    I relate to @smitty . The first 5 seasons were so well done. The Mulder Scilly rapport was something else.
    I haven't seen the new mini-series, but will pick it up on blu-ray soon.
    But I have a question. Think back to original series finale. Mulder said the aliens would colonize earth in 2012.
    Did they just gloss over that in the new series or did they resolve it somehow ie Mulder or maybe Will Smith fought them off?
    They tried to resolve it in a really crappy way.
    They tried to resolve it in a really crappy way.
    Well at least they didn't completely ignore what he said. I'll take your word for it that they dealt with the matter in a Crapola way