Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    We need some real news.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Please stop with the derailing of topics, just for this back-and-forth nonsense that adds nothing productive to these threads. If you're going to keep talking about Turner, then please start adding more to the conversation that doesn't involve provoking other members or hashing out the same few thoughts, and if you're interested in finding out whether a duplicate account exists, it's best to contact a mod through PM, as opposed to attacking that member publicly (even though any suspicions anyone has had thus far have already confirmed to be false, so I'm not sure why it's still a topic being had.)

I thought some of these threads were in an abhorrent state a few days ago, but it was nothing like this. Let's try and reel it back on topic and try a new approach: if you don't like a certain member, you aren't forced to interact with them, and if you're having issues with members in particular still, feel free to contact a mod via PM.

Whew. Thank you!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Michael Fassbender.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    Sensible words, @Creasy47. I can live with that, from now on. I am very passionate about the legacy of Bond and yes, things sometimes can get heated. However if someone attacks me personally (along with @Mendes4Lyfe) with threats and accusations, that is a bridge too far. I'm glad you've addressed this as well in a righteous manner and we can put it to rest. Thanks.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    GideonBond wrote: »
    Sensible words, @Creasy47. I can live with that, from now on. I am very passionate about the legacy of Bond and yes, things sometimes can get heated. However if someone attacks me personally (along with @Mendes4Lyfe) with threats and accusations, that is a bridge too far. I'm glad you've addressed this as well in a righteous manner and we can put it to rest. Thanks.

My thoughts exactly.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Ok im feeling like sometimes we are too demanding and nitpicking including me.
    Dont you think so?

We are looking at each prospect with a microscope, this one is too this or too that. We just don't like anyone enough to be the next Bond and we all want someone similar to our favorite from the past.

I could accept the idea of Michael Fassbender or maybe Aidan Turner from the favorites they seem to me the strongest candidates.

My favorites of analoze them end up being a no by default

Henry Cavil : too famous and I don't think Barbara would take superman as Bond
    Charlie Hunnam : he is quite busy with guy Ritichie and their own franchise of King Arthur so if he succeds with that one goodbye Bond.
    Richard Madden : he was the lead in the very succesful Cinderella so that desqualifies him fame wise.

So I guess from the strongest candidates the one i like the most is Michael Fassbender.

Ohh and to all who were cheering for Dan Stevens he is in the same place as Richard Madden he will be the beast in the Live action adaptation of Beauty and the best mDe by Disney.

By the teaser trailer looks like Disney will have another hit just like Cinderella (2015) which I personally loved it, I actually got the idea of Madden because of that flight not because of Game of thrones. I first watched Cinderella and latter Game of thrones.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Ok enough. Its bad enough to have to endure one Mendes. But can some of the Mods please Check Gideons and his I P adress. They Talk exactly in the same annoying manner and else. Thank you.

I'm afraid that's wishful thinking on your part.

If that is so, ist might end Bad for you, because I doubt many are willing to swallow two of the sort. So ist might be better for you, if you silenced your twin. We'll See, no?

How about you receive a ban for your Germglish, let alone your accusations and threats. What happened to the Germans and being civil? *restrains himself from not mentioning the war*

Ok, let me just say this. You are unacceptably RUDE, crass, also somewhat racist and vulgar at times and your posts are becoming total spam. You are out of line. Keep it up and you will soon not be welcome here. You are on thin ice. This forum, for many years, tolerates many personalities and disagreements. We can disagree, argue, have many kinds of discussions but the kind of flak and crap you are throwing about is not acceptable. It isn't. You need a lower level kind of Bond forum so you can continually spew your garbage? Go find another one.
    Ok enough. Its bad enough to have to endure one Mendes. But can some of the Mods please Check Gideons and his I P adress. They Talk exactly in the same annoying manner and else. Thank you.

I'm afraid that's wishful thinking on your part.

If that is so, ist might end Bad for you, because I doubt many are willing to swallow two of the sort. So ist might be better for you, if you silenced your twin. We'll See, no?

How about you receive a ban for your Germglish, let alone your accusations and threats. What happened to the Germans and being civil? *restrains himself from not mentioning the war*

Ok, let me just say this. You are unacceptably RUDE, crass, also somewhat racist and vulgar at times and your posts are becoming total spam. You are out of line. Keep it up and you will soon not be welcome here. You are on thin ice. This forum, for many years, tolerates many personalities and disagreements. We can disagree, argue, have many kinds of discussions but the kind of flak and crap you are throwing about is not acceptable. It isn't. You need a lower level kind of Bond forum so you can continually spew your garbage? Go find another one.

Excusez moi? I hope you realise you just did something @Creasy47 just disapproved of. I've written my side of the story above and yet you have the audacity to stir things up even more? Again, no one, I repeat no one will accuse me or threaten me on- or offline. If you have an issue take it up with a moderator, as mentioned earlier by Creasy47. Also, again, you do not own this website. You are a member, like myself and I can assure you I'm a Bond fanatic of the first degree. That is what counts.
    All these paranoid accusations towards @Mendes4Lyfe are uncalled for, as well.

@BondJasonBond006 Agree with your words, and as I stated in the reply above this issue was settled until 4EverBonded tossed in her/his 2 cents.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    To be passionate about something can get on people's nerves.

I certainly overdid it a couple of times. EVERYBODY here can recite in their sleep my hate tirades about SF's clown Silva :))

Being new on a forum and posting away (like I also did at the beginning) can make a wrong impression about somebody which later is hard to correct.

Imho it's not necessary that we all are friends and like each other, but showing respect is a necessity. And if someone is an ass every now and then, just remember we are all people who can have bad days.

When I felt I did something wrong or felt someone is disrespecting me I PMd and it always worked out fine.

Well, after that revelation I go and hide under a stone...

...or I say this: JAMIE BELL WHOAAAAT!!!??? Discuss...

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Do we really need to go back to this again? It was already dealt with by a mod. We're all moving on I hope. I'd personally like to see all members getting along. It was a great & passionate conversation about Turner earlier today and that's how it should remain.
    No it was important somebody said that straight out to you, @GideonBond. You are wrong. You are rude. And you need to get a grip.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I never had any problems with you @BondJasonBond006, but I have read
    The graffiti on the MI6 toilets, where you're name gets mentioned a Lot ! :P :D
    ( Only joking mate )
    No it was important somebody said that straight out to you, @GideonBond. You are wrong. You are rude. And you need to get a grip.

Trust me, on other forums you would have been banned for flaming up something that was already settled. You could have PMed me this, not as Creasy47 stated, attacking someone in a thread. To be frank I find you to be incredibly rude. Enough. This was settled, for the third time. Last but not least, please do learn the definition of racism.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How long is this gonna go on? Let's relax and talk about Bond.
    jake24 wrote: »

Sadly, negativity seems to be a staple of Bond message boards. Part of the reason I started posting frequently here was to escape it elsewhere.
    jake24 wrote: »

I was already finished until a certain someone went in for round 2. Can we please return to the purpose of this thread please!?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 7,966

Thanks for the input, now if you wouldn't mind, we were in the process of getting things back on track here. How is throwing around insults and accusations going to help with your stated aim of bringing about greater forum civility?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Someone just say a damn name.
    OKAY!

Michael Fassbender!

There, all we need are names!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Pierce Brosnan.
    Aidan Turner, ( Before anyone else ) ;)
    Aidan Turner, ( Before anyone else ) ;)

Now that the question posed in the thread title has been definitively answered, what now? ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I never had any problems with you @BondJasonBond006, but I have read
    The graffiti on the MI6 toilets, where you're name gets mentioned a Lot ! :P :D
    ( Only joking mate )

The Writings on the Wall .
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Tom Hiddleston
    :D

Jamie_Bell_Daniel__1218755c.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Justin Bieber
    Mr. Turner. If not Turner then Mr. Fassbender.
    I don't think anybody mentions Tom Hardy anymore. I wouldn't want him though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Once he gets slightly older: Richard Madden.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    :D

Jamie_Bell_Daniel__1218755c.jpg
    Defiance is a great film and Jamie Bell gives a charismatic performance, but I honestly cannot see him playing Bond.
    Yes and Henry Cavill also is no longer mentioned or at least he hasn't made the list.