Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    In SP there is a scene . When Bond gets slapped in the face by Monica Bellucci,
    where he throws the two glasses to the ground. That's the modern PC version. If
    it was Connery in the 60s, he'd have slapped her back.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »
    Yeah, Turner with his man bun and hipster beard is at the zenith of masculinity.

Come on now, we're talking about image, not looks. Don't be superficial.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    In SP there is a scene . When Bond gets slapped in the face by Monica Bellucci,
    where he throws the two glasses to the ground. That's the modern PC version. If
    it was Connery in the 60s, he'd have slapped her back.
    Exactly right. Although actually, Connery would have caught her hand before contact & then probably twisted it or given her a big smooch.
    Overcompensation for what?
  • RC7RC7
    Yeah, Turner with his man bun and hipster beard is at the zenith of masculinity.

Ha ha, pot, kettle, what have you.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands

Vikings disagree with you and so do their axes ;)

Bird never make nest in bare tree.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Checking out the first episode of 'The Night Manager' finally. This will probably be the most "Bondian" role I've seen Hiddleston in, as the only other role I've seen him play was Loki.
  • RC7RC7
    GideonBond wrote: »

As do dwarves.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75

As do dwarves.

Look what you did, made Daniel cry

c64adaf586b53361b19dbddd2474463b.jpg
    Checking out the first episode of 'The Night Manager' finally. This will probably be the most "Bondian" role I've seen Hiddleston in, as the only other role I've seen him play was Loki.

Please share your opinion later. I'm keen to know what you think.
    :)) can't get involved as I too am a keeper of facial hair.

No, all actors have an image. If you look at ATTWN or Poldark, you see that Aidan Turner has an old school, hands on, strong male image. Hiddles, on the other hand has a slippery when wet, handle like eggs, leg before wicket image that simply doesn't translate to the character of Bond.
    That is completely separate from your mystic, completely nebulous X factor that sounds like the force from star wars.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I think it's the rest of the world's loss that they haven't heard of Turner.
    As soon as they see his dashing good looks, it's a given the world will
    Fall under his spell. In fact I even think the likes of ISIS and N.Korea will
    Fall under it and become nice. I can see world peace and the end to hunger. :D

Mmm not me, he ( Aidan Turner) just doesn't do it for me in the looks department at least not like Pierce Brosnan in his prime that's how good looking I want the next Bond to be and niether Hidleston has those looks.

The midichlorians have always been highly underestimated.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,756
    who-could-take-over-the-role-of-james-bond-michael-fassbender-image-courtesy-of-designc-708122.jpg

This is a pretty good trailer, minus the details, the overall idea would be amazing. :D

Fleming007impression.jpg
    A perfect fit.
    Although, I think if you stuck any goodlooking man in a Tux with a gun, he make a
    passable 007 ?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75

No, all actors have an image. If you look at ATTWN or Poldark, you see that Aidan Turner has an old school, hands on, strong male image. Hiddles, on the other hand has a slippery when wet, handle like eggs, leg before wicket image that simply doesn't translate to the character of Bond.
    That is completely separate from your mystic, completely nebulous X factor that sounds like the force from star wars.

It was me who mentioned the x-factor @Mendes4Lyfe, not RC7? An element, in this case, an actor does or doesn't have. To me the only contenders who do have 'that' are Turner and secondly Fassbender, who could, dare I say, make for a profoundly cool and more seasoned Bond.

• RC7RC7

You're talking out of your arse, mate. Come back when you've actually watched Hiddlestone in more than one scene of a TV show.

You're talking out of your arse, mate. Come back when you've actually watched Hiddlestone in more than one scene of a TV show.

• RC7RC7

Nah, seen Turner in pretty much everything he's been in. Particularly liked him in Being Human, so I have a rounded, informed view. I don't dislike him, just think he's missing something. On the other hand you talk about Hiddleston like he's shagged your wife.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    who-could-take-over-the-role-of-james-bond-michael-fassbender-image-courtesy-of-designc-708122.jpg

This is a pretty good trailer, minus the details, the overall idea would be amazing. :D

Michael Fassbender is quite starting to convince me after what i saw in Steve Jobs. He looks pretty good in that picture you posted very Bond like.

I apologize in advance for saying something that shalow but I think Aidan Turner and Tom Hidleston have very small faces which makes them unappealing to me in the looks department i liked them more squared and a little bigger faces like well Pierce Brosnan, Henry Cavil ( yeah I know too famous for Bond but i like his looks) and Charlie Hunnam.

Another good choice in the looks department is the Model from Dolce and Gabanna in the light blue perfume add but I don't want a model as Bond.

Count me in the Fassbender fan club. He has the perfect looks but is also so versatile as an actor. The possibilities with him are endless I think. The only argument against him I have heard so far is that he is "too famous". To hell with that I say, cast him!
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    Count me in the Fassbender fan club. He has the perfect looks but is also so versatile as an actor. The possibilities with him are endless I think. The only argument against him I have heard so far is that he is "too famous". To hell with that I say, cast him!

I don't think his fame matters. My only worry would be that they'd have to move fast as he's closing on 40 and the gap between films is getting longer.
    Not to be too negative, but since when did life end at 40 ? :D
    If that's the case I've been dead for years, ( explains the smell ) ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not to be too negative, but since when did life end at 40 ? :D
    If that's the case I've been dead for years, ( explains the smell ) ;)

At the rate they churn out the Bond movies these days, there's no point hiring an actor over 40. Why, so he can get two or three movies in before they're already clamoring for someone new? You either need to start with a younger actor, or with someone slightly older IF the movies are coming out every other year or so.
    Funny though, Bond is half Scottish/ half Swiss, Fassbender half German/ half Irish. Not entirely the same, but a special mix nonetheless.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    jobo wrote: »

Well the too famous argument is a valid point since all the previous Bond actors became famous thanks to Bond but in favor of Fassbender no one knows him by his name yet.

Only real movie buffs, everyone else still don't recognize him that good, you tell them he is the bad guy from 12 years a slave and their minds are still in blank or even if you mention shame still nothing comes to their minds.
    I was watching with my mom the most recent Steve Jobs film and i asked her if she recognized the actor and said no. I told her the films we watched and still nothing came up to her mind.

So he is not that mainstream yet not even with X men which is a very popular franchise but only for people who like Sci fi, super heroes snd films with lots of effects and some fantasy.
    And trust me i know thousands who don't like either of those. My family is part of this group unless the hype is overwhelming like with Batman begins.

So i think Michael Fassbender can have a chance fame wise.

Not to stir up a hornets nest but ...... Hiddleston is half Scottish half English ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Funny though, Bond is half Scottish/ half Swiss, Fassbender half German/ half Irish. Not entirely the same, but a special mix nonetheless.

I'm half English half Swiss, was in Special Forces, rank commander, 41 years old, as tall as Craig, brown hair green eyes, athletic and I look good in a tight fit Tom Ford suit.
    Put me on the list.