The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Pink shirt = Gay. =))

Exactly, how ridiculous! Yes clearly Sanchez is just very amorous.

So where does that leave Bond and his pink tie in DAF? As gay as the Eurovision Song Contest I should say.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I never got the gay/bi vibe from Sanchez. That's just how some Cuban/Colombians behave, like touching Dario's cheek and all, it didn't sound or look sexual to me. If anything, I would've thought Dario was the son he never had, at least that's how I see it. Also, didn't he call Bond "hermano?" As in... brother? His behaviour wasn't different from any other Colombian/Cuban crime-lord seen in any film.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, I always thought it showed that Shanchez thought of Dario as a son.
    Who'd take over the business one day.
    Exactly.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Is Mr White racist?

If there was a new Bond villain who was black and called Mr Black and who was evil, would that not be considered some sort of stereotype?

No, it's just that Quantum's members seem to have colour-coded names. I'm very sure that there was no racial intent there.

Exactly. White, Greene, Silva... They all refer to colours.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god how did I not realise this?

EDIT: Wait, if Silva was colour-coded from his inception, was SF always meant to be tied back to Quantum?

Long before the release of SPECTRE, someone speculated that EON intended to hint that Silva worked for Quantum, since at one point Silva says he could "Rig an election in Uganda" (when he tells Bond he could pick his own secret missions). But, apart from that, nothing in the movie seems to suggest that Silva worked for an organization.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    wrong thread
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Are we to assume that Kutze dies at the end of TB? Don't believe it's ever clicked that he dives out alongside Bond and Domino, but we never see him again. He does say that he doesn't know how to swim, so even with the life preserver, I'm guessing he drowns.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s a safe bet.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm guessing Tiger and his Ninja's met a similar fate in the next film. :P
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'm guessing Tiger and his Ninja's met a similar fate in the next film. :P
    If Kissy Suzuki can swim miles away while avoiding automatic gunshots from a helicopter above, then I wouldn't worry about Tiger and his ninjas. :))
    One of his Ninja's retired to America, where he taught a young boy who
    was being bullied to fight back in a martial arts tournament. Using
    Techniques like painting his fence and waxing his car. I think it was
    Called ...... Car Wash. :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    One of his Ninja's retired to America, where he taught a young boy who
    was being bullied to fight back in a martial arts tournament. Using
    Techniques like painting his fence and waxing his car. I think it was
    Called ...... Car Wash. :D

So technically YOLT is an origin story? ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Are we to assume that Kutze dies at the end of TB? Don't believe it's ever clicked that he dives out alongside Bond and Domino, but we never see him again. He does say that he doesn't know how to swim, so even with the life preserver, I'm guessing he drowns.

Considering they just jumped out before the boat hits the rocks (which we don't see anymore when Bond and Domino are picked up) and the US navy is on it's way anyway, I don't think it would take long to pick him up from the water. Bond, obviously, has to get back asap to report, so he's picked up by adjusted B17 bomber, naturally.

Considering they just jumped out before the boat hits the rocks (which we don't see anymore when Bond and Domino are picked up) and the US navy is on it's way anyway, I don't think it would take long to pick him up from the water. Bond, obviously, has to get back asap to report, so he's picked up by adjusted B17 bomber, naturally.

BTW, does that trick with catching the wire on the nose of the plane and zipping someone out of the water actually work?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

BTW, does that trick with catching the wire on the nose of the plane and zipping someone out of the water actually work?

It does:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_surface-to-air_recovery_system

It does:

Wow, and to think that technology existed back in the sixties. Quite ingenious.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423

It does:

Technology always existed. Just because some people choose not to believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The most cutting edge tech we see today in our hands, has been existent in the hands of the government at least 15 years ago.

It does:

Technology always existed. Just because some people choose not to believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The most cutting tech we see today in our hands, has been existent in the hands of the government at least 15 years ago.

Those crafty swines.
    Even Batman used it. ;)
    Even Batman used it. ;)

Hey, you're right! That crafty man, Nolan. He stole the "let's go fishing!" Opener to LTK as well. He is destined to direct a Bond film it seems.
    Even Batman used it. ;)

Hey, you're right! That crafty man, Nolan. He stole the "let's go fishing!" Opener to LTK as well. He is destined to direct a Bond film it seems.

Yes, he has put a reference to Batman in all his films and look where that took him ...
    I always found it strange how Bond finds a bottle of Belevdere in Mr. White's Moroccan hideout. I was under the assumption White had most likely not frequented the place in a very long time. So how did a new bottle of a very pricey bottle of vodka turn up?

However, I recently found this photo:
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/b88388ee3f3b06f64568b8dc6d4fdbe1/tumblr_o7d8xizsaS1rnsdhso6_1280.jpg

And it seems that Bond may not be drinking the Belevdere that we all know since the labelling is different (aside from the fact that it's the same Belevdere shaped bottle). Can we identify this bottle please?
    I always found it strange how Bond finds a bottle of Belevdere in Mr. White's Moroccan hideout. I was under the assumption White had most likely not frequented the place in a very long time. So how did a new bottle of a very pricey bottle of vodka turn up?

However, I recently found this photo:
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/b88388ee3f3b06f64568b8dc6d4fdbe1/tumblr_o7d8xizsaS1rnsdhso6_1280.jpg

And it seems that Bond may not be drinking the Belevdere that we all know since the labelling is different (aside from the fact that it's the same Belevdere shaped bottle). Can we identify this bottle please?

So, you mean it might be a shameless case of product placement?!
    =)) I can't believe you're so cynical, it obviously moves the story along ! :D
    Funny, in the original script, that bottle was supposed to be Schnapps. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good thing he didn t find some old Heineken cans in there.
    I'd kill for some Smirnoff right now.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 5,772
    Even Batman used it. ;)

And John Wayne, let's not forget that. In "The Green Berets", no less.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Question: Why was QofS affected by the writers strike? As Michael G Wilson is a perfectly competent script writer.
    I think because of the strike, no credited screen writer, could work on it.
    That's only a guess on my part, and as Michael G had co-written before
    I'd say he couldn't " Officially " help.