Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• How about the Fisker Karma??

Fisker-Karma-2012-02-590x442.jpg
    I find that a little too 'look at me, look at me' for Bond. He should drive a nice, sporty car, but not one that calls attention to itself in the styling department.
  • It's fairly certain they have some sort of deal with jaguar now, no?
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 820
    How about the Fisker Karma??

Fisker-Karma-2012-02-590x442.jpg
    Not this car no way.
    He should drive a nice, sporty car, but not one that calls attention to itself in the styling department.
    I agree with you a nice sporty & exotic cars
    It's fairly certain they have some sort of deal with jaguar now, no?
    Well it great to give Jaguar a turn. But nothing said yet. It driving me insane what he issued car be?

• edited November 2011 Posts: 289
    then he should be driving a Lancer, old mini, m3...etc AM, JAGs, MERCs...etc all SAY HAY OVER HERE SUPER AGENT at work....kinda a big black landship used to scream gangster/feds on board. Dont want to stick out? drive a Fiat 500.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,894
    You misunderstand, @Char35t.

If you look at many of the premier cars from car manufacturers, you'll see that almost every nation has its own design philosophy. Italian car manufacturers, like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Pagini, have this flamboyance about them, with fantastic design shapes. American car manufacturers go in for engine sounds and raw power. And British car manufacturers have more of a subtle dignity to them. They're beautiful cars, but they don't draw attention to themselves. The Fisker Karma has this brash, eye-catching design - if Bond were using it to follow a suspect, it would stand out almost straight away simply because it is so distinctive.
    The Morgan EvaGT.

Morgan-EvaGT_2012_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Nice, but a bit too showy for a secret agent, no? It's Bond, not Batman.
    He's going to drive an Aston Martin Virage, and we're all going to be very happy.

car_photo_442402_7-1.jpg

349_imagefile_bloque1_cuerpo1.jpg
    He's going to drive an Aston Martin Virage, and we're all going to be very happy.
    Except that the contract with Aston Martin has already expired and apparently hasn't been renewed, since photos from filming show cars owned by Tata Motors being used.
    The FISKER and MORGANs are just HOT HOT HOT they make all AM look like dull kiddie rides at a second rate theme park. I could totally see BOND DC's bond Flying down the road in either of them...if BOOK BOND can drive a BENTLEY!!!!!! DC can drive either of those two...any day of the week.
    Would be nice if Bond made use of the Bentley Continental. Not going to happen though I know.
    but the Morgan EvaGT is a great substitute!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As long as Bond drives something with guts, I'm happy. :D
    Getafix wrote:
    Would be nice if Bond made use of the Bentley Continental. Not going to happen though I know.

I wouldn't mind if EON signed with Volkswagen Corp. Bond could drive a Continental, and it would be a good chance to get some Audi S7 cameos. Maybe a MkI GTi cameo, similar to what the old Beetle did in QoS.
  • A DeTomaso Pantera 1974 with a Ford Cleveland 351 Wedge, 5 speed hotrod straight forward
    -upwards frontwheeling..?!..BondCar..?
    wshrp
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    I don't want to see endless in-your-face homages in Skyfall, but maybe just a little nod to TSWLM wouldn't hurt.

Okay, this probably won't go over too well, but I really like the styling of the new Subaru BRZ, and I think it would look great in a Bond film (just not in electric blue.):

subaru_brz1.jpg

It's also known as the Toyota 86:

Toyota-86-W.jpg

And the Scion FRS:

SCion_FRS_110421_605_nyias.jpg

The only real difference between them is the styling - under the skin, the whole thing is a joint Toyota-Subaru project (Scion is Toyota's American arm).

There's a scene in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL where Tom Cruise jumps into a nearby car for a chase in Dubai. And while there are no lingering shots of the car's badge, it is, in retrospect, really obvious product placement - the Cruiser always gets into BMWs; the one in Dubai is just the first time he does it.

So I think that if ever Bond were to be in a position where he needed to jump straight into a car, I think a BRZ/86/FRS would be a good choice. The cars look phenomenal, but they're only about a third of the price of an Aston Martin.
    I like the look of the Toyota but really?

Q: Here's your car Bond, it's a Toyota.

I'm thinking more a car that Bond nicks off the street. Rumours about SKYFALL suggested that Bond would change vehicles in the middle of a chase. If he did this because the road was blocked, he would have to abandon one car and find another. Since he's in the middle of a chase, he's not going to stand around looking for an Aston Martin - he's going to grab the first car he can. In that case, a Toyota would be an appropriate choice.

Besides, the GT86 is being homologated for GT racing, so it's not your ordinary Camry or Corolla.
    What about a police car?

*Carte Blanche Spoilers*

Bond jumps into a VW Jetta decked out as a police car, and it makes a pretty interesting sequence. I'd love to see Bond in a Jetta, only because I own one, but I like the idea of (if not being in his own car) being in an enforcement vehicle.
    If it was a part of his cover or an ongoing operation, then yes. I'd be okay with that. If Bond simply comandeers a police vehicle that is nearby, it's a little too much like LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD.
    No for toyota, subaru, vw, ... We need exotic/classy, we need alfas, maseratis, astons, lotus, ... Police cars? Toyotas? Leave that to other action flicks.
    I plan on purchasing one muhself. Looked into all three, from what I can scavage online. They don't release here in the states until next year. Depends on which one has the best interior for the best price. :)
    Univex wrote:
    No for toyota, subaru, vw, ... We need exotic/classy, we need alfas, maseratis, astons, lotus, ... Police cars? Toyotas? Leave that to other action flicks.
    Right, because there's always going to be a sporty, ultra-expensive sports car conventiently parked with the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked just on the other side of a roadblock in downtown London.

If Bond is in need of a car, he's going to take the first thing on offer. Especially if a moment's hesitation over the car he uses means the bad guys get away.
  • Univex wrote:
    Right, because there's always going to be a sporty, ultra-expensive sports car conventiently parked with the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked just on the other side of a roadblock in downtown London.

If Bond is in need of a car, he's going to take the first thing on offer. Especially if a moment's hesitation over the car he uses means the bad guys get away.

Yes, Bond has commandeered old trucks (FRWL, QoS), old vans (TSWLM), a double decker bus (LALD), a Citroen (FYEO) and other vehicles when needed. It does not always need to be a flashy car if it is something he picks up during a chase.

That's why I suggested the BRZ/GT86/FRS - they're everyday car brands, but they've got killer styling (although I do find the Scion to be a little over-done). The BRZ in particular looks like it could be an entry-level Aston Martin.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 6,669
    jaguar007 wrote:
    Univex wrote:

Yes, Bond has commandeered old trucks (FRWL, QoS), old vans (TSWLM), a double decker bus (LALD), a Citroen (FYEO) and other vehicles when needed. It does not always need to be a flashy car if it is something he picks up during a chase.

It´s fun to see Bond commandeer old cars and try to push the hell out of them because they´re in the other end of the spectrum. You don´t think Bond would pick the sporty car over a citroen 2cv if he could? Just look at octopussy, that alfa wasn´t too shabby was it?

I just think vws, the BR7, the 86 and the scion aren´t exotic, nor fun, but that´s a personal opinion. Bond driving an iQ or a mito, now that would be fun. Imagine him commandeering a toyota iQ, or a cygnet for that matter, and pushing it to max, trying to outsmart a, say, jaguar.

I´m not saying Bond shouldn´t commandeer (lol, like that word a lot) any car that shows up in a street, but hey...It´s a freakin Bond movie, it has to be fun and exotic. If I want to see a spy drive an audi, I´ll wait for the next Bourne flick. I had enough with those bmws in the nineties.

Just look at QOS, they didn´t have toyotas pursuing the DBS, they had Alfas 159. I know they were in italy, but anyway, that was a classy choice.

Make it fun and/or exotic, that´s what I´m saying. Toyota iQ=fun; Toyota 86=WTF?! leave it to the next Fast and the Ugly or furious or whatever.

Just saying ;) Cheers

Oh, btw, off topic but hey, I thought I´d ask: What are your favourite scuderias Shadow? Out of curiosity and because I know you like motorsports.
    Univex wrote:

It´s fun to see Bond commandeer old cars and try to push the hell out of them because they´re in the other end of the spectrum. You don´t think Bond would pick the sporty car over a citroen 2cv if he could? Just look at octopussy, that alfa wasn´t too shabby was it?

He should jump into a Blower Bentley ;)
    From a car expo no doubt. And why not? Seeing a Blower Bentley roaring through the streets of modern london would make my day. And THAT´s what I call fun and exotic and very, very Bond.
This discussion has been closed.