Mexican actor Pedro Armendariz Jr. dies at age 71

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited December 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Pedro Armendariz Jr appeared as President Hector Lopez in LTK. His father, Pedro Armendáriz, played Kerim Bay in From Russia with Love.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/26/4146234/mexican-actor-pedro-armendariz.html

MEXICO CITY -- Mexican character actor Pedro Armendariz Jr. died Monday at the age of 71. There was no immediate confirmation of the cause of death.Armendariz was best known for playing sly, sometimes cynical characters he endowed with wit and charisma. Armendariz played Gov. Riley in the 2005 movie "The Legend of Zoro," and had roles in 1989's "Old Gringo" and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" in 2003.President Felipe Calderon's office issued a statement lamenting Armendariz' death, calling him "a great actor who reflected well on Mexico at home and abroad." The Mexican government news agency Notimex reported he died in New York City of cancer, but said his family had asked for their privacy to be respected.He acted in more than 100 films, including the Mexican hit "The Crime of Father Amaro."Consuelo Saizar, the president of Mexico's National Arts Council, lamented the death of Armendariz in her twitter account.He had been married and divorced twice and is survived by several children.Armendariz' father bore the same name and was a movie star during the "golden age" of Mexican films in the 1940s and 50s.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP Pedro. Be with your father now.
    Yes I remember him. He will always be remember in all of his films.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RIP. You proudly honored your father's legacy.
    Rest In Peace sir. Say hi to your old man.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    RIP Pedro.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Rest in peace.
    Let's hope his death was more peaceful than his father's. RIP.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I've seen this actor perform in a great TV show: Tropical Heat. At that point, I hadn't even seen LTK.

Rest in peace, El Presidente.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP Pedro. An awful day to go too. Among great company now, mind and perhaps better off.
  • "Remember, You are only President for life". RIP Pedro and Thanks for being in The Best Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So many Bond alumni dead and it's a miracle every actor to have officially played Bond is still alive.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    RIP Pedro, the mexicans and the Bond universe's gonna miss u a lot.
    RIP Pedro! I enjoyed watching you and your father. Condolences to your family and friends!
  • Have I been logged in for four days since last participation and not even here :-O

in any event, sorry to hear of Mr Armendariz' passing, don't really know much of his other work outside of License to Kill, even then he only featured in the 1989 Bond release briefly, unlike his father who had a much bigger part in From Russia With Love 26 years previous. It's always sad to see anyone connected to the franchise pass on and I take this opportunity to pass on my sympathies to his immediate family at what must be a difficult time. RIP
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    i remember him in liscence to kill and knight rider a very good actor and im surprised hes gone already, but at least he made his father and family proud rest in peace
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Rest in peace :( Say hello to your father up there